Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8561 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.)
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2020, 08:35:54 am »

Cait Sith listens and hears prayers, but is ever hungry for more faith. Still, they are not one to let needful prayers go unanswered.
This god is interested in the result that would occur from a divinely blessed mortal, and would ask for FP from tribes interested.

Create at E8v: Jungle
Create at E9v: Rainforest
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 04:11:49 pm by TricMagic »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2020, 09:35:57 am »

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk are pleased and over-joyed that their god has given them a new land in which to make their home.  Alas, they have no excess with which to show their gratitude.  They do, however, thank Cait Sith in their hearts.

Their leader shake to shake a pear, but then realizes it is rotten and tosses it away.

12x forage on E6s. When done, they stay in the forest of E6s (which they consider their new home) instead of returning to where they were before, sacrificing any excess food to Cait Sith (if there is any).

(I'm assuming that, if I have anyone pray or research, they won't be able to move to E6s this turn.  But if I have them forage in E6s, then I can simply have them stay in their new home.  Depending on the availability of any excess this next turn, there will likely be a sacrifice.)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:33:02 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2020, 09:53:01 am »

How's does this:

New divine ability: A god may spend power equal to ¼ of a tribe's current population to increase that tribe's population by one without having to go through the hassle of biological reproduction! Might this have other side effects?

...interact with this:

Gods may:
  • increase the population of a civilisation by 1 for (previous population/4) power (3 for all tribes at starting population).

Also, is there any way that the OP could post all of the rules made so far in a ( possibly spoilered) section of the post each turn.  The section could be copy-pasted from the previous turn's post and new rules (if any) added on. Thanks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2020, 10:19:42 am »

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk are pleased and over-joyed that their god has given them a new land in which to make their home.  Alas, they have no excess with which to show their gratitude.  They do, however, thank Cait Sith in their hearts.

Their leader shake to shake a pear, but then realizes it is rotten and tosses it away.

12x forage on E6s. When done, they stay in the forest of E6s (which they consider their new home) instead of returning to where they were before.

(I'm assuming that, if I have anyone pray or research, they won't be able to move to E6s this turn.  But if I have them forage in E6s, then I can simply have them stay in their new home.  Depending on the availability of any excess this next turn, there will likely be a sacrifice.)

I think you can sacrifice excess food on the same turn you gather it? If there is any anyway, if not no sacrifice would occur.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2020, 11:10:53 am »

3 platipeople forage C4s
2 platipeople forage C3s
2 platipeople forage C4s
2 platipeople forage C3r
2 platipeople increase population
1 platiperson prays to Phlattus for better fertility.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2020, 02:44:00 pm »

One of the Plains Humans considers the lack of rock fruit with despair. Time passes and they fail to grow. With a slumped head, Eddie Bowie is shamed back into the forage fields.

Perhaps this is all a fool's errand, but they do not yet give up on sowing. Some begin to question why they continue seeking more food, when the real problem is storing the abundance they already have.

3x forage sustainably for food on B3t.
2x forage for food on B4t.
2x forage for food on C4t.
2x forage for food on B4u.
2x research Sowing, experimenting with whatever selection of food types they want.
1x worship Phlattus, sacrificing any excess food that doesn't get planted.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2020, 03:12:14 pm »

Morbus smiles, or at least does the best job that it can at smiling, towards the Gremlins
Give 6 food to the Gremlins
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:44:29 pm by chaotick21 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2020, 03:13:16 pm »

How's does this:

New divine ability: A god may spend power equal to ¼ of a tribe's current population to increase that tribe's population by one without having to go through the hassle of biological reproduction! Might this have other side effects?

...interact with this:

Gods may:
  • increase the population of a civilisation by 1 for (previous population/4) power (3 for all tribes at starting population).
They're the same thing, because
Also, is there any way that the OP could post all of the rules made so far in a ( possibly spoilered) section of the post each turn.  The section could be copy-pasted from the previous turn's post and new rules (if any) added on. Thanks.
I'm already doing that :P
The list in the OP is expanded as I add things in the regular posts; the regular-post bold bits are to call attention to it on the assumption that people don't check the OP every time.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2020, 03:37:36 pm »

Why is this:

Gods may:
  • supply a civilisation directly with 6 food for 1 power.
...different from this:

Incidentally, New rule for gods: A god may rain manna upon a civilisation's tile, giving them 6 food for every 1 power!
Relying on manna from heaven WILL degrade your foraging capability over time.

?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2020, 03:52:02 pm »

Why is this:

Gods may:
  • supply a civilisation directly with 6 food for 1 power.
...different from this:

Incidentally, New rule for gods: A god may rain manna upon a civilisation's tile, giving them 6 food for every 1 power!
Relying on manna from heaven WILL degrade your foraging capability over time.

?
It's not, the actual rule part (6 food/1 power) is the same. I didn't and won't include the extra caveats in the OP list.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2020, 04:07:19 pm »

The catfish consider their options. The biggest food problem is that most excess food is lost at the end of the turn, which is the problem that the stockpile is best at addressing. Long term spoilage could be averted by adopting a first in first out system, where the oldest collected food is consumed before newly collected food. The system wasn't great, but it was better than no system at all.

2 Catfish forage at F6r
2 Catfish forage at F5r
2 Catfish forage at F5q
1 Catfish forage at E5r
1 Catfish research Organization
2 Catfish attempt to increase their population
1 Catfish prays to Cait Sith
1 Catfish clears a stockpile at F5r

Canonically, my Catfish tribe reproduces via egg laying. While this will still require a total of 2 labor, I think I can make a case for it being possible to do over the course of two turns as the female does not need to be around while the male fertilizes eggs. I'm not actually doing that now as this would come with the caveat of eggs being left undefended for no good reason, but I think I have a good chance to debate this as an option for me as this is what actual Catfish do.
Spoiler: For personal use only (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2020, 03:59:51 am »

Phlattus is content.  Things could be going worse.  There may be occasional bumps, but at least the world will always be flat.

Alas, He still does not have the power to do much, and must wait.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2020, 08:29:53 am »

Phlattus is content.  Things could be going worse.  There may be occasional bumps, but at least the world will always be flat.

Alas, He still does not have the power to do much, and must wait.

The god thinks while ignoring everything beyond his island. And the Volcano attached to it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2020, 02:28:15 pm »

Morbus smiles, or at least does the best job that it can at smiling, towards the Gremlins
Boost the fertility of E8u
That costs all 6 of your power. Running out of power is fatal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2020, 03:37:29 pm »

Cait Sith Ponders smiting uppity tribes who crowd others.

I would expect Retha if he was actually planning on playing a god, as that is his tribe. Instead, suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12