Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8586 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2020, 12:35:11 am »

While the gods continue to god about, expanding the land (and sea) in a number of exciting ways that all require me to pick out new colours, two new tribes emerge, bringing the total to four.
The Catfish, fearful after their brush with starvation, devote all their resources toward gathering food from the ocean around them, pulling together enough food for 22 population. After feeding their hungry mouths to satisfaction, they find 7 units of food left over, but only 2 of those units survive the month.
The Plain Humans fan out across the plains once again, bringing in a sum of 13 food. The single unit of food left from last month, as well as the extra left over at the end of this one, are scattered upon the ground and trampled underfoot in a perfunctory ritual, attended by four worshippers of Phlattus. As no other Gods are present in the area, Phlattus receives the full benefit. One Human gets an idea about laying out a dedicated space for this kind of thing.
Inspirations can be gained by chance or by attempting to research something beyond your ken. Inspirations help guide your research efforts and make it a little more effective. Attempting to research an Inspiration beyond your ken will allow you to discover and work on prerequisites instead — though this particular Inspiration is simple and won't take much effort at all.
The Platipeople come into being on the plains, dangerously close to the Humans. Will they be allies or competitors? Only time will tell. The Platipeople don't seem to think food is very important, and only collect 6 of it while spending most of their effort on prayer and study. A Platiperson has a stunning vision of chasing the larger sort of wildlife across the plains with knives and spears, but, as the four designated thinkers debate the concept and draw designs on their whiteboards, they quickly realise they have no idea what they would even use to make something like that. After a quick review of the available resources, a few candidates are selected, such as rock and wood. Unfortunately... the Platipeople live on a plain, and rock and wood are a little hard to come by! I'm sure they'll work something out.
The Platipeople are starving by six units of food.
The Retha arise amidst the southern swamps and get right to business, foraging a total of 12 food, just enough to sate their needs for the turn. Disdaining the gods for the moment, the rest of the population instead study the process of foraging, taking notes on little clipboards in an effort to make the process more efficient.

Cait Sith gains 2 power from the Platipeople's worship. Power gain from worship is not random and this is not a mistake.
Phlattus gains 3 power in total from the worship (and sacrifice) of both tribes.

Smoke hangs low on the horizon, visible even across the void and drifting into the plains. A volcano has emerged in the west! This might be dangerous.

key
mountain
jungle
freshwater body
open ocean
basic beach
plain
wet lands
swampier wet lands
volcano
kelp forest
coral reef
estuary

Gods
Cait Sith: 6 Power
Phlattus: 8 Power
Morbus: 5 Power

Tribes
Catfish at F6r: 12 Population, 2 Food
  • (I) Foraging ++ [2 IP]
Plain Plains Humans at B4t: 12 Population
  • (I) Sustainable Foraging [2 IP]
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Sacred Sites
Platipeople at C3s: 12 Population, 6 starving!
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Hunting Tools
  • (C) Materials 1
Retha at F8t: 12 Population
  • (I) Foraging ++ [3 IP]

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.)
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 01:18:17 am »

Maximum Spin, would you mind explaining the displayed techs in a bit more detail? Also I suppose the Retha will do the same thing as last time:

3x forage in F8t
3x forage in F7t
3x forage in F8u
3x research foraging technique

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 01:26:55 am »

Maximum Spin, would you mind explaining the displayed techs in a bit more detail?
Foraging ++ operates toward improving your foraging level. The foraging level determines how many resources your foragers can obtain!
Sustainable Foraging, in contrast, would allow foragers to avoid depleting a tile's renewable resources by restricting the amount they take away from any one tile. It also leads to additional technologies.
Sacred Sites allows tribe members to maintain a dedicated space for rituals, improving their effects. It also leads to additional technologies.
Hunting Tools would allow tribe members to construct simple weapons and field-dressing tools adequate for early hunting. It also leads to additional technologies.
Finally, Materials 1 refers to the basic awareness of forageable materials beyond food, including rocks, wood, and nonfood plants. It's probably pretty important! It's a prerequisite for anything requiring such materials, as well as for developing even more material research.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2020, 05:52:47 am »

A group of Mountain Zebras appears at G7s!
4 Zebras forage at G7s.
4 Zebras forage at F7s.
4 Zebras research improved foraging.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2020, 07:46:15 am »

Cait Sith: "More people to settle in my lands. Offer prayer, and I will bestow you further gifts in time."

Create at G8s: Ravine: An area coming down from the mountains with trees! And plantlife too. A good gift for one settling on the first place I created of the 6.

Prayer. And in the case of excess food that can't be stored, Sacrifice. Offer onto me, and I shall offer onto you.

Also, I seem to have placed an Esturary at the wrong place, it was to be connected to the wetlands in the bold. Hah... Silly cait.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2020, 11:04:02 am »

The plain plains humans huddle in fear of the new volcano. It rises ominously above the flatlands and void, a horrible sign of Things Which Should Not Be. What have they done to earn Morbus' ire so? Should they have somehow used that food to help their starving neighbors?

2x forage for food on B4t
2x forage for food on B3t
2x forage for food on C4t
2x forage for food on B4u
4x research Sustainable Foraging

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2020, 12:07:17 pm »

5 Catfish forage at F6r
5 Catfish forage at F5r
1 Catfish prays to Cait Sith
1 Catfish Researches Foraging
The Catfish tribe attempts to migrate to F5r, if this is allowed. (There's no clear rule about having to stay on one tile.)

Spoiler: For personal use only (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2020, 12:35:34 pm »

If that works, I can probobly spend some to make two more tiles adjacent to the coral reef.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2020, 12:45:50 pm »

It seems neither god answeredPlatipeople prayers, so they go into foraging full force, dispute momentarily forgotten.

3 platipeople forage C4s
3 platipeople forage C3s
3 platipeople forage C4s
3 platipeople forage C3r
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2020, 01:58:40 pm »

A group of vegetables fail to gain sentience on G6r.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2020, 03:27:22 pm »

Phlattus is displeased.  Some filthy god has made bumpy terrain near his flat paradise.  And it spews magma and soot!  No bueno.

Phlattus can attempt to provide protection, but Phlattus needs power to do so.

Meanwhile, Phlattus will expend 6 power to boost the fertility of tile B3t by one level.  The Platipeople could have such a tile near them, too, if Phlattus can accumulate the power.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2020, 03:52:07 pm »

The plain God has chosen who to support. It is to be expected that one would choose another as plain as they, plain as day in fact.

For a mere 3 FP however, the god of magic(and cats) would be willing to aid them. Perhaps even just 2 if it lines up that way. However, like the plain god, the god of magic(and cats) is more likely to bless the cat(fish). A showing of prayer would sway her.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 04:36:00 pm »

The Catfish tribe attempts to migrate to F5r, if this is allowed. (There's no clear rule about having to stay on one tile.)[/b]
I'm glad someone tried. This is entirely possible, and, at your current tech level, there's no cost to doing so. Tribes can be semi-nomadic.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »

The plain God has chosen who to support

Phlattus objects!  All mortals that reside on His flat terrain are dear to him!  Don't be swayed by the forked tongues of arcane gods!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2020, 05:52:30 pm »

"Magic. Also, it's a cat's tongue, not a serpent's.."

"Such are the ways of Cats(and Magic). We give when we wish to, ask for when we want to, and provide affection for scritches. At the moment, I could give to them, or you could before then. It's mostly their choice which god to adopt."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12