Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8556 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 09:19:58 pm »

Could we get a guide that better explanation of how to tell what triangles should be referred to as?
Do you mean in terms of the coordinates?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2020, 10:10:13 pm »

That sounds like what I need to know, but its so confusing that I'm not 100% sure.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 02:59:47 am »

PTW will join when there's more land.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 07:39:25 am »

The unborn cry out for land, and Phlattus is here to oblige!

Phlattus creates plains at C4s, C3s, B3s, and C3r!

Phlattus is all knowing, and can be grateful for an event that has not yet occured!  Phlattus is thus very grateful for the prayers that have yet to be given by the plains loving folk that do not yet exist!  Let it be known that your prayers will be answered when Phlattus has the faith points to do something good!  Let us enjoin in a flatular symbiosis and cover the hex in terrain lacking bumps! 

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 08:20:30 am »

A congregation of Platipeople suddenly gains sentience on C3s. A disagreement breaks out between 2 prospective shamans who challenge each other to a god-off.

1 platiperson forages C4s
1 platiperson forages C3s
1 platiperson forages C3r
2 platipeople worship Phlattus, as it is plainly evident he is the best god who will bring the best boon.
2 platipeople worship Cait Sith, as they believe their desires might be granted through magic.
4 platipleople research hunting tools.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 04:55:46 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 11:30:38 am »

That sounds like what I need to know, but its so confusing that I'm not 100% sure.
All right, does this help?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm open to changing the system if it's too confusing for people. There are plenty of other established methods for coordinating a triangular grid, but I thought this would be simplest... it's pretty commonly used, especially in the materials sciences, where it's a standard way to represent the properties of mixtures of three primaries.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 12:18:02 pm by Maximum Spin »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 01:08:25 pm »

I'm fine with it, though it can lead to mistakes. But if it is simple for you, that's more on us. Poke if something is off though.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 02:45:01 pm »

Morbus, God of Disease and Filth

F8t create a swamp
F8u create a swamp
F9u create a swamp
F7t create a jungle

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 03:22:17 pm »

"Such filth. Where is the beauty in rot?"

"At least my center is clean still."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 04:41:16 pm »

A congregation of Platipeople suddenly gains sentience on C3s. A disagreement breaks out between 2 prospective shamans who challenge each other to a god-off.

1 platiperson forages C3s
1 platiperson forages V4s
1 platiperson forages C4r
2 platipeople worship Phlattus, as it is plainly evident he is the best god who will bring the best boon.
2 platipeople worship Cait Sith, as they believe their desires might be granted through magic.
4 platipleople research hunting tools.
Fair warning: C3s doesn't exist yet. If you don't change this action, I will assume you want to do it next turn.
However, there are also no tiles named V4s or C4r, so you will need to fix that anyway.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 04:57:25 pm »

Fixed, but yes, probably meant for next turn.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 06:13:06 pm »

People seem to like flat triangles when there are mountains one can settle on.

Least I have Cat(fishe)s. Coral Reef for a stone analogue, or kelp forest?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 07:41:07 pm »

The world slowly fills in as a third god arises.

Two tribes emerge, blinking, into the sunlight!
Two members of the Catfish give worship to Cait Sith, generating 1 Power for the god; eight more gather fish, kelp, and such from their home ocean, accumulating enough food to feed 9 population for the month; the last two investigate foraging, keeping a close watch on the eight foragers and taking notes to try to improve their technique (+2 Investigation Points toward improving Foraging Level).
The Catfish are left with a food deficit of 3 this month! Though they will try their hardest to stretch their supply, if they cannot make up the extra food next month, the weakest members will surely die.
Similarly, the Plain Humans employs two members in worshipping their own ordinary deity Phlattus, generating 1 Power as well. Eight more fan out across the plains, snagging some tasty plants and seeds as well as a couple of small rabbity things; enough food is collected to sate 15 Humans for the month, but, without any effective storage, only 1/3 of the excess will still be edible next turn. All the while, two more Humans watch the foragers intently, just like their watery counterparts, but these, instead of looking out for ways to collect more food, are taking note of the availability of resources to try to keep within the bounds of what nature can sustainably provide (+2 Investigation Points toward Sustainable Foraging technique).

key
mountain
jungle
freshwater body
open ocean
basic beach
plain
wet lands
swampier wet lands

Gods
Phlattus: 5 Power
Cait Sith: 7 Power
Morbus: 8 Power

Tribes
Catfish at F6r: 12 Population, 3 starving!
  • (I) Foraging ++ [2 IP]
Plain Plains Humans at B4t: 12 Population, 3 Food
  • (I) Sustainable Foraging [2 IP]

Disclaimer: I think everything is right here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 12:42:50 am by Maximum Spin »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2020, 07:47:04 pm »

It appeared that food collection rates were so abysmally low, that every single tribe member had to forage every single turn just to survive.

6 Catfish forage on the triangle with a Red circle around it in the spoilered image
6 Catfish forage on the triangle with a Yellow circle around it in the spoilered image

Spoiler: Foraging Locations (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 07:56:06 pm »

Quick question before I join up: can civs only forage on adjacent tiles, and if so is adjacency across edges or vertices (for example, are F7s and F8t adjacent or not?)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12