Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8564 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.)
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2020, 05:53:55 pm »

Indeed. You can't be a god AND a tribe.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2020, 06:03:09 pm »

The Trolls arrive on E8u

6x forage for food on E8u.
4x research improved foraging.
2x forage for food on F8u
Aren't you already Morbus?

You're right:

Morbus, God of Disease and Filth

F8t create a swamp
F8u create a swamp
F9u create a swamp
F7t create a jungle

Is what chaotick21 is doing against the rules?  (I'm asking because I've never played a gridhood name before, so I don't know the rules.)

Edit:  Ninja'd by the OP.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2020, 07:14:03 am »

Abandoning Godhood is also a way to kill a game. If there are no gods?

Granted, Morbus hasn't done much. And as long as two remain active there can be conflict promised.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2020, 11:40:08 am »

The gremlins emerge in the swamp at E8u!

4 gremlins forage on E8u
4 gremlins forage on F8u
4 gremlins research improved foraging

For now, the gremlins do not worship any god yet. They are in a rather tight spot, though, bordering the void on two sides. The god which creates new terrain near them will surely earn their gratitude! (hint, hint)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2020, 11:52:30 am »

The gremlins emerge in the swamp at E8u!

4 gremlins forage on E8u
4 gremlins forage on F8u
4 gremlins research improved foraging

For now, the gremlins do not worship any god yet. They are in a rather tight spot, though, bordering the void on two sides. The god which creates new terrain near them will surely earn their gratitude! (hint, hint)
The gremlins feel a Cait staring down at them.

2 prayer will result in two tiles, one of which you can move to so you don't overlap others. Your choice which biome you want for your main home.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2020, 03:14:23 pm »

My bad
Indeed. You can't be a god AND a tribe.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2020, 03:21:45 pm »

I'm tempted throw a prayer at the Cait next turn. Everyone else is, and I don't want to be left out, like that guy who's so mind-numbingly boring that he only gets picked before the unpopular nerds.

On the other hand, being interesting is out of character.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2020, 03:35:02 pm »

I'm tempted throw a prayer at the Cait next turn. Everyone else is, and I don't want to be left out, like that guy who's so mind-numbingly boring that he only gets picked before the unpopular nerds.

On the other hand, being interesting is out of character.

Your god is very Plain, the people and Terrain.

Don't feel bad for having a god's personal attention, flat as it is. Nothing I do could help you.

Puns and wordplay. You god could probobly bless all your land, as you are one of the only two worshiping them. Perhaps if that plain god made more tiles to settle. He definitely could turn his side of the map into an endless plain.

As a note, there is an open spot under Thul in Gridhood, though might want to wait for new tiles. Overlap is worse when packing up and moving isn't really something done and two tiles are home to previous tribes that have gone feral/fallen.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 04:04:50 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2020, 05:13:07 pm »

As a note, there is an open spot under Thul in Gridhood, though might want to wait for new tiles. Overlap is worse when packing up and moving isn't really something done and two tiles are home to previous tribes that have gone feral/fallen.
This isn't especially important to me, I'm not upset or anything, but I did want to say, as a general rule, I would appreciate keeping this thread about this game. :P

(Update is going to take just a little longer for personal reasons.)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2020, 05:33:01 pm »

Phlattus flatly decides to conserve his power in order to do greater things in the future.  He has taken note of all worship received, and wishes to reassure the mortals that good things come to those with patience.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2020, 05:54:14 pm »

This isn't especially important to me, I'm not upset or anything, but I did want to say, as a general rule, I would appreciate keeping this thread about this game. :P

(Update is going to take just a little longer for personal reasons.)

Apologies, just wanted to get it out there since I'd like my game to continue apace. 2 vs 3 isn't exactly fair. :P

Still, this is a good game, and that shall be my only mention of another. It is nice to have many worshippers.  8)
Reading that dull god's puns is always amusing to me.
Spoiler: Soul Nightshade's (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2020, 01:10:18 am »

Only Cait Sith makes land this turn, the other gods staying dormant. Morbus considers exploding to transcend his essence into a tribe, but makes no clear final decision.

Two other tribes do form, however, crowding into the central swampjungleocean and furnishing ample ground for future conflict...

The Plains Humans, overcome by newfound joy, put slightly less effort into foraging than they should have and only come up with 11 units of food. They will probably be able to make up the excess next turn, but it does mean that they have no excess to sacrifice to Phlattus! The two worshippers content themselves with another low droning prayer-chant instead. Meanwhile, three other Humans invest their effort into studying the mysterious tendency of plants to sprout around places where food has been dumped. Making use of their newfound awareness of empiricism, they draw up an ambitious plan involving saving scraps of their rations to lay out in designated plots in varying conditions, but are unable to complete the experiment this turn. The plots of eyeballs, rocks, and flower petals fail to produce interesting results, even when placed underwater, on rotting hides, or buried in the dirt; seeds are on the list for future testing, but, since they're so tasty, they've been put off for last to avoid unnecessarily wasting food...

The Catfish, appalled at the waste they have experienced last month, dedicate their finest minds to the study of food storage. The idea of clearing a dedicated area of seabed to stockpile food comes quickly, but the question of how to deal with the unique challenges imposed by their watery environment continues to vex. It's clear that some kind of superstructure is necessary to exclude scavengers and keep food from simply floating away, but the researchers are divided on how best to accomplish this; a majority feel that the underwater caves of the coral reef region should be explored and exploited for the purpose, while a couple of visionaries/lunatics have proposed the possibility of mimicking the corals to create your own artificial caves somehow. A great deal of argument ensues. In the meantime, the more productive members of Catfish society collect a total of 15 units of food; however, they are unable to actively increase their population without assigning workers to the task. After all, though storks are excellent waders, they still can't reach the bottom of the ocean without drowning.
The Catfish have learned how to clear stockpiles for one population's labour each. These stockpiles help keep food from getting lost, but are not exceptionally effective at preventing spoilage over the long term and have an effectiveness malus underwater. Still, they are a stepping stone to better forms of storage.

The Platipeople also have hard luck with foraging this time, collecting only 10 units of food. They fail to specify where they are planning to gather materials, and so default to their home tile, but have no luck with that either, unfortunately. Still, the effort spent searching out those ten units teaches them a little something about the ways of the plains, putting them just over the edge for an increase to their foraging level! Hopefully this will make it easier to make up their deficit in the next turn.

The Retha, whom I keep mistaking as 'Rethi' in my head, manage to beat the average in foraging this turn, pulling in the necessary 12 units of food in total. The additional experience also increases their foraging level. On top of that, three Retha set out to learn the properties of the inedible things lying around their swamp, discovering various materials of potential use in the process.
The Retha can now gather either 'resources' generally or specific materials. Materials which may be gathered include, but are not necessarily limited to, wood, stone, dirt, and inedible plants.
The Retha foraging in F8u notice nothing unusual, but do hear the faint sounds of some sort of new animal in the distance.

The Mountain Zebras also meet their basic requirements of 12 units of food, while studying intently to improve their foraging technique.

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk arise just west of the navel of the world, quickly being adopted by the regional deity. They only manage to turn up 10 units of food on their home tile, but they, too, devote a little special effort to improving their ability over the future.

Lastly, the Gremlins come into being in another part of the southern swamp, turning up a sum of 11 units of food with their initial efforts and also adding four investigation points to their Foraging ++ tech, an event for which I am completely out of descriptive phrases. :P
Oddly enough, the Gremlins foraging in F8u find some of the swamp paths already tracked through and picked over, and hear strange animal noises in the distance; they have no idea why this might be.

Cait Sith gains 2 power from worship, but spends 3.
Phlattus gains 2 power from worship.
Morbus gains 1 power from worship.

key
mountain
jungle
freshwater body
open ocean
basic beach
plain
wet lands
swampier wet lands
volcano
kelp forest
coral reef
estuary
ravine
forest
meadow

Gods
Cait Sith: 5 Power
Phlattus: 5 Power
Morbus: 6 Power

Tribes
Plain Plains Humans at B4t: 12 Population, 1 starving!
  • (C) Sustainable Foraging
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Sacred Sites
  • (I) Sowing [3 IP]
Catfish at F6r: 12 Population, 2 Food
  • (E) Foraging ++ [1 IP]
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Underwater Food Storage
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Spelunking
  • (C) Stockpiles
Platipeople at C3s: 12 Population, 2 starving!
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Hunting Tools
  • (C) Materials 1
Retha at F8t: 12 Population
  • (C) Materials 1
Mountain Zebras at G7s: 12 Population
  • (E) Foraging ++ [7 IP]
Fruit People at F6s: 12 Population, 2 starving!
  • (E) Foraging ++ [2 IP]
Gremlins at E8u: 12 Population, 1 starving!
  • (E) Foraging ++ [4 IP]

New general population ability: Workers may try actively to increase a tribe's population. This requires at least two workers to succeed unless you wish to present a convincing case that your tribe reproduce asexually. (Doing so would have other consequences.)

New divine ability: A god may spend power equal to ¼ of a tribe's current population to increase that tribe's population by one without having to go through the hassle of biological reproduction! Might this have other side effects?

I also reordered the Plains Humans and Catfish in order to match the original order of joining and the order you're listed in my notes. I don't know how I got you backward in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:43:04 pm by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2020, 05:34:39 am »

Mountain Zebras
2 Zebras forage at G7s.
3 Zebras forage at F7s.
2 Zebras forage at G8s.
3 Zebras research improved foraging.
2 Zebra prays to Cait Sith
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2020, 07:41:45 am »

Hmm. Would it be feasible to put the foraging levels of civs somewhere in the turn posts Maximum Spin?

Retha
3x forage in F8t
3x forage in F7t
2x forage in F8u
2x harvest wood in F7t
2x research wooden tools
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:59:20 pm by RulerOfNothing »

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2020, 07:58:28 am »

The Gremlins are frightened by the strange going-ons in F8u. Could it be that the swamp contains more than beasts? They decide to pray to a god to create some new lands to the south so they may move further. Their god of choice is Cait Sith, since Cait Sith seems to be the only god creating new lands at the moment. Also, some gremlin claims to have had a vision that Cait Sith promises to create a Jungle to the south in exchange for prayer.

Gremlins
5 gremlins forage on E8u
5 gremlins forage on F8u
2 gremlins pray to Cait Sith
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12