Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 5289 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2020, 10:09:47 pm »

Henry nods. On the outside he maintained a neutral expression, a single bead of sweat the only sign to reveal the truth. On the inside however, a scared grimace had overtaken his features.
Internal injuries like that... with enough time and people Captain Morgan's Revenge could possibly reconstruct the bulk of the bones and take much of the work off of these Pokemon.... But... I could never let someone else live with the experience of what that's like! I swore I'd never use CMR for that again! I.... I can't let them know....
Back on the outside of his head, Henry speaks.
"Yeah, Captain Morgan's Revenge is it's name. It heals external wounds by recreating them exactly on the one that made them, and I can command it to treat others as it's user. That's how I found out about Zelda's current condition."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2020, 10:10:24 pm »

Osamu didn't even want to think about what him being a survivor of his world meant. Slowly dragging himself to his feet, he looked up at Skye.

"So, that's how I survived? Luck? What do you mean by 'almost identical worlds'? And how do you know my name?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:45 pm »

Warden 3 stood silently at the revelation. The only sign of life she showed for several moments was the rise and fall of her chest as she stared blankly at the ground ahead. I failed. Already? I didn't even finish training. I never even got a proper callsign. Her wings swept inward slowly, past the angle at which they were ready for flight and into storage position. There she remained, trying to comprehend what had happened to her at this point in her short existence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2020, 07:03:26 am »

Tyra slowly shook her head as all of the explanations started to pile up.  Of course it was parallel worlds.  They'd been working on the theory of them as a side project while studying Chaos and Banishment Devices compared to traditional constructed portals.  But what did they expect her to do?  Monologue about her research?  Maybe catch her in an act of defiance as blackmail or to ruin her chances of advancing to an Independent Magus.
"That's nice and all, but I'm still not convinced I'm not just in the playground of some Somnomancer as an elaborate trick.
 Plus I find it hard to believe in the existence of a being powerful enough to stand against the combined might of the Arcanum.  The Arch-Mage's foresight is as clear as his machinations are impenetrable and his power absolute."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:17 am »

Yushiro stands stiffly in place after Skye's explanation, breathing in and out deeply. Either this was one hell of a dream, or... Well. His world was currently in some asshole's digestive tract.
"Alright. Hold on. I'm not gonna pretend like I understood half of what any of you said but... You're saying that thing... You're saying our worlds got eaten by it? And some people just survived that somehow?", he says, trying to keep a controlled, measured tone.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2020, 09:25:24 am »

"There's a term for this game with only two words?!" The gold-armored man's shoulders slump in dejection, "Did the Emperor tell me the long name just to make me look like a fool in front of everyone?  NO, I will not allow my faith in him to be degraded so!  ...But I'm also calling it Duel Monsters from now on."  He draws three cards, and glances at them briefly, before slotting one into his Duel Disk.  "I summon Wind-Up Kitten in attack position and end my turn!"

Wind-Up Kitten:  4 Attack, 2 Defense.  Once per encounter, return a monster to its owner's hand, or banish a combatant for 1 round.

Griffin:  34/34
Captain-General Kittenus:  ?/?, Wind-Up Kitten

--------------------------------------------------------------------

VerTwo soon finds itself in a different-seeming portion of the forest, though it can still hear the voice of Griffin and his opponent.  A strange canine creature, overgrown with mushrooms, approaches the robot, before attacking with flashing teeth!

VerTwo:  44/44
Shroom Wolf:  ?/?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Really?  So that's how it works?  Fascinating.  I have never seen psychic powers used in such a unique manner before.  We will need to speak further on this at some point, Skye says to Henry

And as for how I know all of your names... except for that of the machine, She turns to Osamu, I am a psychic type Pokemon.  Surface thoughts are easy.  Deep secrets or memories, rest assured, are not.  You would know if I had tried to access them, and likely been able to keep me out, even if you were asleep.  Osamu experiences a brief spike of pain, mere seconds long, and the curiously uncomfortable sensation of something brushing against what he can only describe as a core of his own will, and being stopped cold.  If I was determined to press forward, it would be like that... but far less pleasant for both of us.  And as for the theory of parallel worlds, it goes that every time someone makes a decision that they were unsure of, it creates a branch, a universe for each choice.  The earlier in history the choice is, the longer it propagates, creating a vast web, or tree, of worlds that are similar to each other, but not the same.  The world which each of us came from was destroyed, like a single leaf being plucked from a tree.  If that Trespasser is not stopped, it will return, tear the tree out by the roots, and consume it all.

If you would prefer to doubt the input of your senses, Tyra, to believing my words, there is little I can do to convince you.  Hopefully, reality will do what words cannot before it is too late for you.

Yes, Yushiro, that is indeed what I am saying.  It is what happened.  To all of us.  Not only you, but each of us that you rescued.  The worlds we came from, all our accomplishments, gone save for memories and what prizes we kept on our persons.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:33:24 am by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2020, 09:34:13 am »

"Processing." Quickly, and presumably falsely identifying it as a strange, mutation of the lost that plagued its world, the machine reacts by rapidly extending a metal fist in the Shroom wolf's direction, hoping to knock it out peacefully.

Strike: Vertwo charges towards a single target, and puts her weight into a single devastating punch, dealing 1d6+Strength damage, forcing them to make a Constitution save against the damage dealt or be Disoriented for their next turn, preventing them from making actions that require concentration.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2020, 09:35:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Griffon draws a card, smirking at the sight of it.

"Interesting opening move.  Here's mine."

"I discard Thunder Dragon, allowing me to draw two more Thunder Dragons from my deck!" he explains, slotting the dragon into his graveyard and drawing two more of them.

"Next, I play Pixel Paradiso, a field spell which allows me to summon Pixel Monsters freely, ignoring the Normal Summon and Tribute Summon Limitations!"

A giant TV appears on the field, falling on its back as a giant pixilated castle erupts from the screen.

"Now, I summon both Pixel Knight and Thunder Dragon in attack mode!"

From the glowing pixilated castle, a drawbridge lowers, allowing Pixel Knight to ride out onto the field before leaping free of his steed and landing on the ground proudly.  At the same time, a magic circle appears, summoning Thunder Dragon as well, who roars with pride.

"Finally, I set one card, and have Thunder Dragon attack!  Thunder Dragon, Lightning Strike!" he roars, pointing towards Kittenus's Wind-up Kitten with an 8 Damage (1600 ATK) blast of electricity.  At the same time, he sets down "A Hero Emerges" in his spell zone.

"Now, Pixel Knight, attack his life points directly!"

The knight, assuming it is unblocked by anything, runs towards Kittenus and slashes with its sword, dealing 5 Damage (1000 ATK)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2020, 10:20:38 am »

Henry side eyes Skye for a few seconds.
Shit, then did she hear my thoughs just a second ago? I'll have to be careful about what I think around her; it'd be bad if something was taken out of context at a bad time....
Back in the world of the living, Henry distracts himself from the dread of being told directly that his accomplishments mean nothing and everyone he knew and loved are gone forever. Specifically, by changing the subject.
"Oh yeah, that reminds me. You all can see CMR right? Just realized that I should probably check if I need to explain further."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2020, 10:33:42 am »

Tyra closed her eyes and took a slow deep breath, trying to find a way to pick apart the psychic creature's statement to little success.  She was as far as she could tell in some strange sub-dimensional plane, and things really did look like they were cobbled together from a dozen different worlds.
"Hmm.  I've changed my mind.  I'll take you at face value for now, and we'll see where my world stands once I've gathered the materials to construct a portal frame there."
She turns her gaze away from the psychic creature and with a frown back towards the many wounded from the battle with this 'Trespasser'.
"In the mean time, what is it that they need to recover quickly?  I am skilled in the creation of several tonics that might help."
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2020, 10:54:55 am »

"You're summoning more than one monster?!  I've never seen such skillful tactics before!  Wind-Up Kitten, activate!"  Kittenus points at his monster, "Return Thunder Dragon to the hand!"  Of course, he can't stop both monsters with that effect, and Pixel Knight is able to destroy the mechanical cat anyways, dealing a bit of damage to the Custodes' life points.

"I won't be defeated so easily!  I summon Rescue Cat in Defense Position, and lay a face-down card!"  Rescue Cat:  0 attack, 1 defense.  Send this face-up monster to the graveyard to special summon two level 3 or lower beast type monsters from your deck; destroy those monsters at the end of the turn.

Griffen:  34/34
Kittenus:  ?/?, 1 damage taken, Rescue Cat

-------------------------------

VerTwo makes a devastating punch, dealing 18 damage to the Shroom Wolf!  The Shroom Wolf is immune to effects that require a Constitution save!

The Shroom Wolf is not looking so hot...  The Shroom Wolf bites VerTwo, dealing 15 damage!

VerTwo:  29/44
Shroom Wolf:  ?/?, 18 damage taken, visibly dented

--------------------------------

I can see your psychic construct, but Frederick cannot.  I suspect that only those with psychic powers will be able to directly perceive or affect it, Skye posits, I... do not know what would assist our fallen and wounded.  I only saw them alive in the future, not how they got there.  Divination is unreliable at best.  I see what I see, and cannot control how useful the information within will be.  I only know that choosing to answer your questions before offering assistance did not cause any of them to vanish from the future.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2020, 11:07:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Despite his Thunder Dragon being returned to his hand, Griffon smirks as if he had seen it coming.  As he draws his next card, he smiles.

"What a shame.  You fell for the classic blunder, wasting your removal too early."

He openly holds out his monster card, giving Kittenus the chance to see it.

"Behold!  My grandest monster!  Come forth, Blue Eyes Pixel Dragon!"

The pixelated castle bulges, before erupting with blinding light, a dark silhouette rising up from the pillar.

The light fades, revealing a menacing gigantic dragon made of tiny voxels.

"Thanks to Pixel Paradiso, I need no tribute to summon my most loyal monster.  Removing my Thunder Dragon did nothing but highlight the opening of my castle's gates!"

He smirks.  "And that's not all.  Pixel Paradiso allowed me to summon my dragon for free.  I still have my normal summon remaining.  Thunder Dragon, return to the field once again!" he shouts, resummoning his Thunder Dragon in defense mode.

"Now, destroy his monster, Pixel Knight!"

The knight runs up to the little cat, slashing at it with their sword.

Assuming it is unhindered, Griffon directs his dragon to attack their life points directly next.

"Blue Eyes Pixel Dragon!  White Noise!"

The dragon's jaws glow with hazy static, before it unleashes a beam of white and black energy at Kittenus! (13 Damage/2600 ATK)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 11:12:38 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2020, 11:09:46 am »

"Processing, This Unit is in need of Repaira," the machine states, as it takes a few tentative steps back, buying itself a little space to launch the boxy, almost spherical drone mounted on its back. The BIT moves towards the damaged metal, extending little appendages to patch the machine back together again, even as it took a few tentative steps forward to crush the shroom wolf with it's fist.
VerTwo uses Strike on the Shroom Wolf once more.
Self Repair BIT heals VerTwo by 5 points of HP.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2020, 11:36:34 am »

Tyra draws up two motes of blue mana and with a wave of her hand sets them swirling together before separating it into three small vials of blue liquid.  She grabs two of them and gestures for the third to float over for Skye to take.
"Crystal Vials, it will help mend your friend's physical trauma, but does nothing for the mind or soul."
She gestures down to Zelda's form nearby.
"Now did any of the others suffer extensive physical trauma?"
By the hands of power.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2020, 11:48:48 am »

Yushiro nods. The situation was bad, worse than any of his experiences in life could have prepped him for, frankly, but... At least he had a grasp of it now. He could work with that.
"Alright. And if there was some way to get that bastard to cough it all back up, someone would have done it already...", he trails off.
What was he supposed to do now, then? He couldn't heal people the way the robed woman apparently could, and everyone he knew was gone. There was maybe one other survivor from his world, that suited guy with a Duel Disk, and he'd just up and left. Maybe he had some idea of what to do? It couldn't hurt to see.

Yushiro turns and follows in the direction Griffon had set off.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10