Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 5290 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2020, 07:25:59 pm »

Warden 3 tried to get close enough to speak, pulling a sharp maneuver to shed most of her forward speed. "You need to come with me!" she shouted. "It's more dangerous for you here than me! I'm with. . ." It occurred to her that telling the creature she was with the Navy was probably not going to be helpful. "Your friends sent me to come and bring you back, we're trying to get everyone out alive!"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:18:58 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2020, 07:32:37 pm »

"GMMMFLXL," The invisible person slurs unhelpfully, as they continue to twitch on the ground.  It occurs to Henry that the invisible lady might be having a seizure.  While invisible.

-----------------------------------------

The transporter does its job, sending the stricken man back to the clearing, leaving only his sword behind.

"Okay, yeah, sure, bigger threats, but keep me away from that stalker!" Rose asserts, climbing aboard the dragon.  Stonebeard affects a shrug, but it's clear he can't move in his busted armor.

"I don't think I'm doing much climbing trapped like this."

The dragon definitely looks surprised that any of his friends are still in a state to speak, or have found reinforcements, bobbing in the air as he momentarily forgets to flap.  He immediately turns towards where you came, gesturing for Warden-3 to lead the way.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2020, 07:34:57 pm »

With Blue Eyes Pixel Dragon's superior size, Griffon directs his servant to pick up the armored man in its claws, and try to take off to return to the site with the weird portal-making psychic.

He and Yushiro, meanwhile, ride Thunder Dragon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:38:35 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2020, 07:37:01 pm »

Hefting the sword with gloved hands Tyra makes her way back towards where she came from.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2020, 07:55:23 pm »

Warden nodded, turning to fly back and glancing periodically over her shoulder to ensure that she was moving at a speed that her new compatriot could follow at. She monitored her sensors all the while, keeping alert for incoming threats and trying not to think about how bizarre this all was.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2020, 08:03:03 pm »

Henry curses. His dad was epileptic so he had experience with dealing with this, and it also meant he knew that you shouldn't actually move someone who was in the middle of a seizure. Unfortunately, he didn't have the time to let her ride it out. Thinking quickly, he orders CMR to cover the woman so he could get an idea of where all her parts are, before picking her up and beginning to walk back to where he had initially set out from.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2020, 08:09:30 pm »

The machine simply holds its position near the human person, due to a strange combination of not hearing anything the psychic creature said, and not being able to confirm or deny if it is a valid target or not.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2020, 08:57:38 pm »

Griffin's dragon is able to easily heft Stonebeard, and bring the group back to the portal, where Rose, despite cajoling from her alleged companion, proves entirely unable to recognize the unconscious woman or her companions... until she hears the psychic one's 'voice', which is what finally convinces her to put the gun away.

------------------------------------------

The dragon follows Warden-3 back to the rendezvous point at a decent pace for an organic creature, but painfully slow for a fighter jet.  The two have to dodge several stray beams of yellow lightning along the way, but make it there in one piece.

Tyra can feel the magic in the sword as she returns to the group.  It's got powerful, ancient enchantments worked into it, somehow.  When she returns, she's pleased to note that the big steel creature has carried the incapacitated man over to the rest of the group.

When Captain Morgan's Revenge covers the twitching woman, she smashes some of it between her elbow and knee in her struggles... and abruptly returns to visibility, revealing red hair, a freckled face, and a battered set of dark blue clothes festooned with a mildly absurd amount of empty holsters, bandoliers, and sword frogs.  Still, he's able to pick her up without much resistance, and her twitches slowly subside as he carries her back to the others.

With the group reunited, the purple creature motions everyone back from the crushed woman, and with shaky motions she rises, like a puppet on strings.  Her hands thrust forward, uncoordinated, as if under the control of something that's still learning where the joints are at, and a strange, blue symbol evocative of a moon shimmers into being on her forehead.  Before her hands, a vertical, white crack appears in the air, and slowly spreads, until a hole in the world manifests, surrounded by white grid lines.

Our base is through the Ultra Wormhole.  We can regroup there, and figure out what happened to my friends and comrades, The psychic creature suggests.  Behind you, one of the titanic creatures grapples the other, and there is a horrible sucking sensation as the entire world shivers and shakes.  We cannot linger, or we will die.

Your last sight before entering the portal is a finally clear image of the two combatants.  An immense, three-headed dragon, rose-gold scales gleaming as it emits a cackling, high-pitched screech of triumph.  It stands over the cracked, bleached, crumbling remains of what looks a lot like a giant, spiny turtle with a dinosaur head...  And an identical shell rests on the back of the victorious monster.

-----------------------------------------------

You emerge from the Ultra Wormhole, and it closes behind you, leaving you standing in a grassy courtyard, with a circular, wooden platform polished and scarred by hundreds of feet and battles in the center.  Paths lead off to other places, clearly visible as rooms, buildings, chunks of some technologically advanced construct, even an entire street of houses, floating in an indistinct, grey void.

Most of the people you rescued promptly collapse, if they were on their feet at this point, but the purple psychic and her armored companion hold strong.

I am Skye.  My species is called Gothitelle.  None of my companions are in immediate medical danger, as I sense their fates far into the future, and so...  I will answer your questions if you ask them.  As for introductions...  My friend here is called Frederick She gestures to the steel-clad creature, The swordsman is Dale, the redhead Amber, the dwarf Stonebeard, the markswoman Rose, and the dragon is called Nergigante.  I do not know whether this is his species or personal name.  My Trainer and... close friend is Zelda.  And we are in the Forgotten Shards.  Pieces of dead worlds, things that have fallen into the cracks between realities, some of these have ended up here, and coalesced into this place.  It is... relatively safe.  The Trespassers, the world-eaters, the thing that nearly killed us all, they have yet to think to look for their enemies in the remains of their past meals.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2020, 09:03:02 pm »

Despite the eldritch forces demanding that he avert his eyes, Griffon refuses as he walks into the portal, casting one final look at the sight of the golden monster standing triumphantly over the black beast, searing it into his mind with all of his willpower.

He will remember this scene, and then, he will immortalize it in paint.

As the portal closes, and Skye explains their situation, he thinks long and hard about what she had said.

He turns and walks away without responding, his posture crisp and his pace brisk.

After doing mysterious things elsewhere, his direction turns towards the Ancient Forest.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 09:23:36 pm by Shadestyle »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2020, 09:21:31 pm »

Osamu shakily raised his hand. He was tempted to ask if he could wake up, but if everything he'd seen hadn't somehow jolted him out of bed, nothing was going to.

So, in light of that, he asked the next best question he could think of.

"Why me?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2020, 09:23:50 pm »

Henry gently sets down the now visible woman before turning slowly towards Skye. As he does, the name Zelda triggers a surge of recognition in his mind.... The daughter of that one comedian, good guy! But still he points with firm purpose at the Gothitelle.
"My name's Henry. Now, if you'd be so kind... What's holding Zelda together? It has to be a stand power since it harmed CMR, but if we're going to be working together I want to know the basics about my allies."
His face is serious, but fairly neutral. It's clear he just wants answers about what happened.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2020, 09:33:12 pm »

The machine, being a robot that's incapable of such human emotions as 'fear', and having literally caught none of what the purple woman tried to say, proceeds to wander off after Griffon. The physically frail human was wandering off towards a dark forest by himself after all, and the others likely had the required firepower to take down the large beast that had hopped along after them if needed.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2020, 09:45:53 pm »

You were lucky, in a way, Osamu, Skye states sadly, When that thing consumed your world, you survived.  There may be other worlds quite similar to yours, almost identical, but the one you knew, the one that you were borne of...  It has been consumed by that Trespasser.

Zelda was... damaged by the Trespasser.  Badly.  It used a gravity-based breath attack to crush many of her bones, and she stopped breathing for... four minutes.  She was a Ghost-Type Pokemon master, and her ghosts, along with a psychic Pokemon with that capability, possessed her body to hold her soul inside, and restore its functions... manually.  Many of them were wounded badly by the Trespasser as well, and...  It is unlikely that at this point they could survive separately.  The ones that could will not abandon their friends.  I know not what a stand power is, unless you refer to your psychic construct's abilities.  In that case, yes, you are correct in that it could have been a psychic power.  But once she has recovered more, it will take experimentation and training to discover exactly what she can do.  Needless to say, this circumstance is abnormal, and outside our experiences.

---------------------------------------------------

VerTwo catches up to Griffin as he wanders deeper into the Ancient Forest.  The card player sees plenty of plants and natural bounty, but nothing that particularly interests him.  He continues wandering, deeper into the woods, until he becomes aware of the sounds of someone else wandering around, thrashing about the brush in a manner that sounds just as lost as he is.  And is that a glint of gold he spies?

It is a huge man in extremely ornate, golden armor with massive pauldrons and a tall, oddly banana-like helmet.  He points a spear towards Griffin, but then tosses it aside and clamps a massive duel disk upon his left gauntlet.

"I am sick of being lost in these woods!  I need to get back to Magnus before he does something stupid again!  You!  Human or warp spawn or whatever you are!  I challenge you to a duel of Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker for directions out of this forest!"

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2020, 09:51:34 pm »

Though the name was different, the intent was clear.

What luck!  Even this far out of his comfort zone, it seems Duel Monsters remains a mainstay.

That name though..!

"Ugh.  I accept!  But if I win, you must call it Duel Monsters like any sane person.  I didn't even catch half of those words you used!" Griffon shouts, activating his own Duel Disk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He draws three cards.

"The first move is yours!" Griffon allows.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2020, 10:09:02 pm »

"Processing," the machine simply stands there for a moment, looming over Griffon's smaller form as it tries its best to process the strange giant's words. "This unit is incapable of providing assistance, this unit will now sweep the surrounding area." The machine slowly stomps off after saying those words, intent on sweeping the surrounding area for potential threats to Griffon's continued existence.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10