Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 13529 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (800AC)
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2020, 07:35:02 pm »

"The creation of the so called "Giant Spider-legged Flying Palanquin" is hardly the worst idea for defeating that nuisance which has taken root upon this world.
But to decrease the chance of it failing catastrophically, it would be best if all of us could work together to create it, each focusing on creating a few parts of this machine. That way, the chance of it being completely non-functional is greatly diminished, and the plan of attack can be adapted to what functions are present.

Despite not getting to study the Grove of Distortion's energy much yet, i have gleaned a little. Specifically, something i call the "Chaos Theory" and i'm eager to put my already acquired knowledge to use.
Despite there being "Chaos" in the name, Chaos Theory is about as far from the chaos of the one particular annoyance who keeps being a thorn in the whole world's side, as possible."

"A giant spider legged machine is good and all, but what controls it? I will solve that problem, drawing inspiration from my crystalline beings, i shall create the Crystal Brain of the Palanquin. An entirely orderly and deterministic, albeit extremely complex intellect housed within the crystal lattice of a massive single crystal. I do not think it will take absolute success for it to outsmart Miss Anencephaly."

"Once, i created many clusters of crystals to transmit Sol's light, I shall draw inspiration from this and equip the Palanquin with a sort-of "Light Conduit". An exercise in applied Chaos Theory: By carefully crafting this crystal device's interior lattice, it will project complete images to an extreme distance and one such image would only take up the space of a single grain of sand in the lattice if all goes well. And i intend to craft the conditions to project many, many images from within the Light Conduit. Each one seeming random and chaotic, yet in reality, entirely determined by how light hits the conduit. I shall call this art exhibit "The Order of Chaos"."

"Finally, i shall return to my studies of the Grove of Distortion's energy, i must learn all i can about this."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:36:42 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1000AC)
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2020, 08:03:47 pm »

“What’s a ‘Palanquin’?”

“Also, whatever it is, I think it’s going to need legs that are bigger than those of a giant spider if it’s going to be of any use against a chaos god.”

Cheer up a bit, daughter. Be more optimistic.

Besides, I know her, I know her very well. She first distorted her home dimension into nothingness, when she was an infant deity like you. Now she has only one goal; roam aimlessly to cause chaos in her image.

She hates anything orderly and sensical. She calls it "being preppy". To defeat her, it will be necessary to use things that will repel her. We need to be preppy"

“Mom, are you trying to get me to clean up my room?”

"We don't even have house. Do we?"
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2020, 11:37:42 am »

"A giant spider legged machine is good and all, but what controls it? I will solve that problem, drawing inspiration from my crystalline beings, i shall create the Crystal Brain of the Palanquin. An entirely orderly and deterministic, albeit extremely complex intellect housed within the crystal lattice of a massive single crystal. I do not think it will take absolute success for it to outsmart Miss Anencephaly."

"Once, i created many clusters of crystals to transmit Sol's light, I shall draw inspiration from this and equip the Palanquin with a sort-of "Light Conduit". An exercise in applied Chaos Theory: By carefully crafting this crystal device's interior lattice, it will project complete images to an extreme distance and one such image would only take up the space of a single grain of sand in the lattice if all goes well. And i intend to craft the conditions to project many, many images from within the Light Conduit. Each one seeming random and chaotic, yet in reality, entirely determined by how light hits the conduit. I shall call this art exhibit "The Order of Chaos"."

"Finally, i shall return to my studies of the Grove of Distortion's energy, i must learn all i can about this."

"A shining crystal brain to steer the Palanquin? That's a bright idea!"

"I intended at first to install manual controls for one of us to operate it, but adding a magic brain is definitely better, as it will give us more freedom of action when will come the time to fight Estrogen again. However, if you finally appear to have difficulties with the conception of the crystal device or if it doesn't work as well as planned, it will still be possible to fall back on a manual system."

"I'm just a little puzzled about something...  If I understand well, images will be projected from within the Light Conduit, that will be a kind of lattice installed inside the crystal brain. But what will the utility of projecting those images, and why "to an extreme distance"?"

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2020, 11:54:20 am »

"I'm just a little puzzled about something...  If I understand well, images will be projected from within the Light Conduit, that will be a kind of lattice installed inside the crystal brain. But what will the utility of projecting those images, and why "to an extreme distance"?"
"Not quite, the Light Conduit is a seperate device from the Crystal Brain, installed atop the Palanquin whereas the brain will hopefully be properly shielded inside the Palanquin.

The purpose of the conduit is to bedazzle... *ahem* our opponent. To say that it projects said images to an extreme distance, is to say that they will seen at their full size only from far away... Very far away and the detail might be inperceptible from too close. How far is very far? We'll see."

(Think of it like a 360 degree projector but more like a laser.)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2020, 03:23:43 pm »

"Not quite, the Light Conduit is a seperate device from the Crystal Brain, installed atop the Palanquin whereas the brain will hopefully be properly shielded inside the Palanquin.

The purpose of the conduit is to bedazzle... *ahem* our opponent. To say that it projects said images to an extreme distance, is to say that they will seen at their full size only from far away... Very far away and the detail might be inperceptible from too close. How far is very far? We'll see."

(Think of it like a 360 degree projector but more like a laser.)

"Oh, I see! It will be some sort of light-producing network that will project pretty holograms all around and far away to make the eyes of our ennemy overflow with luminous beauty! I suppose the emitted light and images will further enfeeble her when she will approach the Palanquin, isn't it? This should perfectly replace the magical aura that I wanted our giant vehicle to have!"

"I imagine too that some captors connecting the Light Conduit to the crystal brain could allow it to see the surroundings. Don't you think?"

"Anyway, I have also in mind to make a sort of cockpit inside the front part of the Palanquin, where I will be hidden when we will confront Endogen again and from wich a big horn will come out. I will thus play some melodious music into the cockpit, while the horn will blow the sound outside, and thereby, I will drain her chaotic energies even more!"

"So the Palanquin will become a beaming musical box of prodigious proportions!"

"Then, our dear spider war machine will only lack weaponry and a means to fly. These two things, I will let
B*st and Numeros take care of them. But I advise to experiment with the armament and the flight or propulsion system before implementing them to the machine, in order not to wreck everything on it if they come out to break or malfunction."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:34:13 pm by Yellow Pixel »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2020, 09:30:52 pm »

“I’ll see what I can do”, B*st says as she sets to work.

B*st crafts weapons for the palanquin, including:

- A gigantic ruler.
  - A gigantic slide rule.
  - A gigantic folding paper fan.
  - A gigantic wooden paddle with “Board of Education” engraved on it.
  - A gigantic bow that also works as a protractor.
  - A gigantic quiver filled with gigantic sharpened pencils.
  - A gigantic metal compass.

B*st crafts armor for the palanquin out of overlapping plates of day planners, pink slip pads, and school handbooks.

B*st bestows protective magic on the armor.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2020, 10:50:43 am »

"The construction of the Palanquin is progressing really well, wich is great! But I still worry about the sly shenanigans that are surely taking form at this time in the unhinged mind of Anchovy. As we are most occupied with our meticulous preparations, she could very well land on some floating cities and spread her pestilence there!"

"And where is she, by the way? If I would have to guess, I would say she have retreated in a most dark and hidden place... She also seem to have a real fondness for FB... So a deep cavern would be a much suitable lair for her and for the two new fiends that are now hooking up with her."

"This is bad though, very bad, because she could easily trace down the primal origin of all FB, the Ambulatory Hairball of Doom! If she puts her hands on it, she could unleash a wave of FB more massive than the last one and the Great Hunt would soon have to be started over again! Who knows if she could even mutate the Hairball into a far more terrifying monstrosity?"

"Nevertheless, since Velkos, B*st and I are concentrating on the building of the Palanquin, I believe it should be up to you,
Numeros, to take care of this issue. I just don't really know what we should do with the Hairball if you reach it before our ennemy. Maybe you could hide it somewhere else in a magic box? Or maybe we should preventively destroy it, although it's a measure that appear a little too cruel to me..."

"Once this problem is solved however, the secret scheming of the pesky Anchovy will continue to be an important matter of concern: she could attack anytime and anywhere! I think for this reason that it would be very convenient to devise some sort of chaos detectors and to install a whole surveillance network of these apparatuses all over Insula Numine, that would alarm us at every move of our ennemies. So it's a second suggestion for your actions,
Numeros, but you could also find other ways to watch over their potential low blows or maybe even to spy on them."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:57:35 am by Yellow Pixel »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2020, 04:47:26 pm »

“Hey!  I never expected the damn thing to grow legs and walk away.”

“...”

“By the way, what are ‘ennemies’?  How are they different from ‘enemies’?”

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2020, 06:14:42 pm »

((You got me. ::) I'm a French speaker. The word takes two "n" in French.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »

((You got me. ::) I'm a French speaker. The word takes two "n" in French.))

((The English word appears to come from Old French “enemi”, which only has one “n”...))

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2020, 09:55:32 am »

((It seems the French word "ennemi" got a second "n" somewhere in the XVth century. It was supposed to help the pronunciation at the time, but I don't think it's very useful today. Modern French is full of weird exceptions, mind you.))

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2020, 10:11:47 am »

"Hey, everygod! I have a question for you. When we'll confront Ebola again, the Palanquin will fight her by itself and I'll be playing music into it. But you, what do you intend to do?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2020, 02:09:07 am »

“I’m trying to decide between the Hokey Pokey, coughing up another hairball, or buffing the palanquin (which I still don’t have any idea what the hell is) with my protective magic.  Decisions...  Decisions...”

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2020, 05:23:44 pm »

“I’m trying to decide between the Hokey Pokey, coughing up another hairball, or buffing the palanquin (which I still don’t have any idea what the hell is) with my protective magic.  Decisions...  Decisions...”

"The Hokey Pokey? Do you mean dancing and chanting out of the range of Oblivion while I play music inside the Palanquin and it tramples on her?"

"But this is an amazing idea! Maybe
Velkos could practice some kind of choreography with you and postpone the study of the Grove of Distortion's energy to sometime later?"

"What do you think about that?"

(I suppose the two last actions of B*st can be put into one.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:26:28 am by Yellow Pixel »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2020, 06:11:04 pm »

"The Hokey Pokey? Do you mean dancing and chanting out of the range of Oblivion while I play music inside the Palanquin and it tramples on her?"

"But this is an amazing idea! Maybe
Velkos could practice some kind of choreography with you and postpone the study of the Grove of Distortion's energy to sometime later?"

"What do you think about that?"

B*st face-paws. (Note:  not an action!)

(I suppose the two last actions of B*st can be put into one.)

(Huh?  “Two last actions”?)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13