Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 13463 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (800AC)
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2020, 01:40:28 pm »

So, if I understand correctly, we're just waiting on Phlattus?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2020, 01:55:15 pm »

So, if I understand correctly, we're just waiting on Phlattus?

Hmm, Phlattus... May you explain to me what it means?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2020, 05:58:44 pm »

Numeros experiments with one of the vials, trying to create a golem of pure anomaly

Numeros tries to save the Lightborn by coming down in a humanoid form and guiding in how to deal with their curse

Numeros sleeps

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2020, 05:16:23 am »

Numeros tries to save the Lightborn by coming down in a humanoid form and guiding in how to deal with their curse

Aren't Numeros already humanoid?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2020, 05:16:59 pm »

Aren't Numeros already humanoid?
I meant like humanoid sized

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2020, 05:31:25 pm »

Since the appearance of the Grove of Distortion, never it has ceased to grow and gain power. But now, with the absorption of the Titans, Gambal is afraid that the Grove might transform into something even more unstable. In the worst scenario, maybe it might sprout a will to destroy, just as the Titans were drived to crush the anomalies they could encounter. And the Gnome God is well aware that he is the accidental maker of this magical abomination, so he feels responsible to take care of it. He is relieved though that the Keystone of Velkos still prevents its expansion and he knows that soon, two Gardians with highly protective implements will defend its access.

However, to leave nothing to chance and even if he dislikes instruments of death, he takes the decision to forge arms for the Guardians. Thus, to the one wielding a fear-inducing horn of platinum, he will give a mighty iron maul smelted with a drop of divine excitation. A blow made on the ground with this weapon should be powerful enough to send a shock wave through the earth and form broken ridges to damage foes, and a direct strike with it should be able to shatter the hardest materials. To the other Guardian wielding a golden shield, he will give a sword carved from a desert crystal, made unbreakable by magic and imbued with eternal fire.

His next action is to create the Salamanders, sentient beings dwelling in caverns. They are similar in shape to most salamanders, but twice as big as a Geyik, orange colored and sometimes featuring black markings. They also possess a fiery blood that allow them to glow in the dark and illuminate their path, while protecting them against many FB, since biting them or spilling their blood can cause severe burns. At the same time, they are able to retaliate with scorching bites if forced to. But Gambal doesn't intend to make them harmful to the touch, only very warm.

Their lifespan is very long too, reaching up to 400 years, and they concurrently have slow organisms, wich predisposes them to a calmn and peaceful lifestyle. They feed solely on the many cave mushrooms created by Velkos, distinguishing the edible from the poisonous, and they prize shrooms more than anything else. To sustain their appetite, they always keep a share of their food and take the time to strew fungi in all the underground, helping them this way to sporulate and spread.

Lastly, Gambal comes to admire the cloud high skyscrapers that are becoming prevalent in cities. He is very impressed by their imposing size and the cleverness of their architecture. Their hazy white caps, that support their extended structure, also give them a dreamlike and charming appearance. And it is of their own will that the nations have chosen to free space for nature to thrive anew, wich makes him proud and glad of the advancement of civilization in this end of millenium. It makes him think besides that the people of Insula Numia are well on their way toward a more prosperous future.

Nonetheless, to his eyes, a closer union between mortals and the natural world would increase even more the collective happiness. For that to happen, he travels from one town to another, encouraging their citizens to come out of their towers and go explore the surrounding forests and meadows; to go watch the life of wild animals; and to go appreciate the beauty of the native flora.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2020, 06:28:19 pm »

B*st creates two guardians (which she calls "Cheribum") to guard the Grove of Distortion so that none may come near unto it.  The Cheribum are in the form of enormous humanoid infants with wings like those of a bird.  They are enormous (if the Grove was turned on it's side, it would only reach their navels), and despite their appearance, they both have the intellect of an adult and a booming,  commanding voice that inspires fear and dread in all that hear it.  Finally, they are also immortal.  B*st gives them strict instructions, both to maintain a safe distance from the Grove and to prevent anything from coming near it.  Finally, she blesses them with protection to keep them safe, telling them she will return with some things Gambal is preparing for them.  After this, she goes to Gambal, providing him with the information he needs to properly size the items he is making, and then helps him deliver them to the Cheribum.

After this, she decides to accompany Gambal as he tours town to town.  As they do so, she expounds on the importance of protecting all things.

Finally, she climbs the Great Tree and curls up on Velkos lap for a nap.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (700AC)
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2020, 05:30:01 am »

Velkos stands at the edge of the Grove of Distortion, contemplating it.
"Despite my best efforts, this place stands, stubbornly in defiance of all of nature. I succeeded in doing little to affect it. Some might consider that better than outright failure, but i don't. I consider this absence of a result worse. My grievances with the grove are almost personal at this point since it absorbed my titans... So much Anima wasted, only for them to end up consumed by this... Thing. I can not let this stand and i've been thinking of a solution, and i might just have it figured out. But it will take some more time and a bit of experimentation.

I've been so fixated on this and sat here, mulling over it that i've not much thought of doing anything else. I've not even announced any plans to my siblings.

But as the thousandth year of this world approaches, i've come to realize that there is always much talk about the future, but very little about the past. I feel as if there should be some record of everything that has happened, for future generations of mortals, and just in case some great calamity befall this world. I have heard through my watchers that Gambal intends to go on a tour of sorts, and B*st intends to join him... I think i will, too."

"For the longest time, it seems the mortals have been largely focused on practical and mundane concerns, but this material way of thinking alone can only lead to ruin. What's the point of showing someone the beauty of nature, if they don't even know what beauty is in the first place? I shall join Gambal and B*st on their little tour and use it as an opportunity to encourage the advancement of philosophy among the mortal races, and relay to them what i consider to be the cornerstones of both philosophy and wisdom: Abstraction of concepts, and the analysis of everything, especially the past."

"I would argue the past is just as important, if not more so than the future. There should be someone among mortals to record it, or at least remember it in its entirety, a Chronicler of sorts. For this, i shall find the wisest and oldest gnome i can, and bless them with two things: Perfect memory, and very literal immortality, so that nothing short of a god can kill him permanently. I will make it his duty to record and write down the events of the world."

"Finally, i shall take one of the anomalous vials from Numeros, so that i can spend some time atop the Ur-Tree idly studying it. A single anomalous vial is relatively safe compared to the grove, so i can test my theories without too much worry. I have no time to sleep while the grove of distortion still exists, but i will happily accommodate B*st while i study the vial.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2020, 02:53:47 pm »

Grow, spawn... I must!

Can't escape...

Help... I need...

But how?

Hello.

Who! How! Where!

Calm down you little cutie, I heard your call. You and I are similar, in a way that connects you to my sphere. My main sphere.

This world, your world... It is filled with all things preppy. The thing I hate. It needs a makeover.

I was young once, like you. I had simple plans and goals, acting on mere instinct and not having anything else in my primitive mind.

So?... I don't... understand...

You don't need to understand. Just listen to me, and you will get to do whatever you want.

So, what is your name?

Name? What's a name...

You don't have one? Fine, I'll name you Goffy.

What's yours?

Ebony. Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:56:23 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2020, 04:28:14 pm »

I found a way to manifest, my mind found a colony of toxic mushrooms.
Thinking? What is this? Divine power? Are we...am I...a being?...a deity?

A cluster of mushrooms with blue and green caps is filled with divine energy when a wisp of divine power finds its way there. This deity has no name yet, it’s still processing that it can think, thinking is new to this fungal colony.

Glowing green and blue spores are shot at the rocks, these spores will hopefully grow glowing crystals of their respective colors

Attempt to grow specialized fungi that sense vibrations and sends that data to the main colony (think like how the salamanders’ ears send vibrations to their brains and they call it sound)

Try to get ourselves to grow light reflective sections that one may call ‘eyes’ so we may see

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2020, 08:51:14 am »

I found a way to manifest, my mind found a colony of toxic mushrooms.
Thinking? What is this? Divine power? Are we...am I...a being?...a deity?

A cluster of mushrooms with blue and green caps is filled with divine energy when a wisp of divine power finds its way there. This deity has no name yet, it’s still processing that it can think, thinking is new to this fungal colony.

Glowing green and blue spores are shot at the rocks, these spores will hopefully grow glowing crystals of their respective colors

Attempt to grow specialized fungi that sense vibrations and sends that data to the main colony (think like how the salamanders’ ears send vibrations to their brains and they call it sound)

Try to get ourselves to grow light reflective sections that one may call ‘eyes’ so we may see

Long time, no see...

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2020, 12:06:47 pm »

10th Turn

Forces of chaos have started to rise. Will they be able to impose their will, or will the spawn of Kipp stop them?

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheon

The World

Independant Events

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2020, 02:35:10 pm »

The very moment that the thousandth year arrives, Velkos opens his eyes, his face intense, staring into the distance with a kind of shine in his eyes that's never been seen before.

"The Grove has grown only worse and worse, and has become entirely unstable, and now i have learned of some abomination walking about the land. All i have learned of the vial is that moderate, careful solutions do not bear fruit! It's time to set my plans into motion... Sadly the vial provided no insight into what will happen or how to prepare for it.

Ōkeanós' accident with the mountain and the Ur-Tree was unfortunate, but that little bit of damage isn't my problem to fix. No, i am to meet my fate today."

"Before i set out on my quest, i want to craft a small gift for B*st, something that reminds of me as i am today. Because i might not be so tomorrow. Of course, i might fail, as we gods do. But at least it wont be for the lack of trying. As such, i'll take the vial of Uncertainty in my possession and transform the Uncertainty within it into a ball of animate light... A wisp in a bottle, and gift it to her."

"The time has come to set my plan into motion. I have it on good authority that the abomination seeks the Grove. It will not find it, but will find me instead. Every attempt to defeat the grove thus far has failed, We've failed by adding more energy to it, i failed attempting to manipulate it's energy. But the thing that hasn't been done yet, is taking energy away from it. And that's exactly what i'll do... I'll absorb the Grove and all of its energy into myself, with no regard for the consequences.
I'll let the abomination have its little stroll across the world...  I'll simply MANIFEST inside the grove and ABSORB IT! I will hoover up every last bit of energy in and near the Grove of Distortion!"

"I WILL absorb all of the energy of the Grove. This is a statement, a fact. I will simply not stop, no matter what happens. But what will happen afterward, and to me, is uncertain."

((OOC: Yes, i'm putting two of my of actions on the same thing. All i want is for the result to not be boring, I don't care what happens beyond that.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2020, 02:50:59 pm »

My son, I believe you can do it. But you are young, very, very young, even though you may think not. You are just beginning to master your infinite power. You may not have enough mastery to pull that off properly, and might end up another mad god to roam the chaos.

To keep you safe, I will be assisting you. I'll be there, helping you to neutralise the Grove. But after that, it is up to your provess.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2020, 02:51:13 pm »

Ōkeanós crafts it's crystal body into the shape of a mighty spear, Gungnir, the thunderbolt of heaven. This is a divine weapon for another god to use to take down the Intruder.(Roll 3 times, use highest roll. Weapon adds +1 die when using it for combat actions.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13