Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 13538 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (400AC)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2020, 11:53:23 pm »

Having won her argument with the Mother, B*st holds her tail high in the air.

She then decides to have another go at things she attempted before:

B*st creates various mortal creatures, both predators (including some in her own image but lacking sapience) and prey, and scatters them throughout the world (being careful to put them in places where they have at least a chance to survive).

B*st then creates a race of mortal sapients, the "cat-folk".  These are medium sized creatures made in her image, but having dextrous fore-paws and walking upright on their hind legs. She places them in one of the forests surrounding the Ur-Tree.

B*st then gets an idea:

B*st then bestows genders (and geldables) upon all mortal creatures, giving them the ability to join together with an opposite gendered creature similar to themselves and reproduce (albeit imperfectly so as to birth new kinds of creatures as time wears on).

Having done all this, B*st climbs the Ur-Tree, curls up on one of it's branches, and sleeps, purring loudly.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:34:49 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 09:19:30 am »

5th Turn

It has been close to a half a millenia since Insula Numine was created. The world develops and changes with increased complexity.

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheon

The World

Independent Events
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:52:41 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 10:33:26 am »

OOC:

B*st intention with her first action was to create an ecosystem of various kinds of predators and prey.  She only wanted to make some of them like herself, not all of them.

Also, her intention with her third action was primarily to jumpstart evolution.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (500AC)
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2020, 12:52:43 pm »

Velkos has awoken from his sleep and and sits atop the Ur-Tree, staring into the distance, deep in his thoughts.

"I had hoped sleep would bring me some great inspiration, yet it gave me no such thing. Instead, i woke up to discover within my watchers' memories that i have a new sibling yet again, and without haste he created an artifact of unparalleled arrogance, "The book of all"?, the "Tempus Dictus"? I can not allow such a thing to exist, or at least i must make its contents worthless or ever-shifting. I acknowledge that this will make me the first god to take an action against another one, but it is necessary.

With every passing century, i can feel the moment in which i will produce a failure of epic proportions growing ever closer, it is inevitable. Yet i have thought of a way to mitigate that risk, i only hope that should i create it, Kipp herself will not be too upset with me. The fact that i'm planning to undermine a divine artifact of my sibling, while also planning to create my own, is not lost on me."

"I think this land, and its inhabitants are ready to take another step toward independence from the gods. I have long thought of doing this, but the creation of that blasted book makes it a necessity. If Numeros intends to record the future, i shall make the future unpredictable. To do so, i shall tap into my own infinite well of divine power, and bestow upon all mortal, and only mortal creatures a small bit of that power. In doing so, i will free the mortal beings of this world from fate itself, just as we gods are, and allow them to make decisions that are truly their own. Not only that, but it will also allow them to use that power to perform acts arcane and magical. I will not care to distribute this power in equal quantities, nor care what the mortals do with it."

"However, i must also address another potential source of imbalance: As the civilizations of mortals continue to grow, it is inevitable that they will eventually cover every part of this land. If there is civilization, there must be a place where there is only nature. I will not create some barrier that mortals can not cross but instead i will create a place of unfathomable danger. I shall go to the densest, largest rainforest of this land and create within it beasts most dangerous, both large and small. All of them covered in tough scales. Some of them standing on two legs, some on four. Those scaled beasts shall hunt each other and anything that intrudes upon that land."

"Finally, i shall make another addition to the sky: I will create in the sky, far above the world, a great, colorful cloud that covers the sky. A nebula, and within it, countless stars. One more thing for the mortals to look upon, admire and ponder."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2020, 01:53:20 pm »

Gambal is sad that many Gnomes have refused his theological teachings. He mainly desired to draw them toward the contemplation and praise of the secrets of the world and he thought that the simplest way to do so was to wake their curiosity, then to introduce the worship of him. He has realized that most Gnomes prefer to choose their own spiritual beliefs and he is willing to accept it. However, he is appalled to see that his intervention in the functioning of the gnomic society has sowed discord between some kingdoms and is now bringing them to fight against each other. For that reason, he tries to reconcile them and restore peace, but he set their people free to structure their religion as they want.

Afterwards, so that the Gnomes become more joyful, he entices them to practice music and singing, to improve the crafting of their actual musical instruments, that are wooden flutes and drums made out of small hollow trunks, and to create new ones like wooden xylophones, lithophones and oboes (their current ressources don't allow the elaboration of more complex instruments). He also shows them how to make a more melodious and harmonious music and how to organize concerts. Otherwise, he tells them that the essential when you play music is to have fun.

Once his musical lessons are all passionately given, he finds himself completely exhilarated and he cannot contain himself anymore. So he darts into the wilds, playing his flute while running aimlessly, often hopping and sometimes jumping while spinning round into the air. The happy Gambal, in nonstop gamboling, uses his powers to give vitality wherever he goes to the trees, flowers, bushes and animals. It's at least his intention, but in the state of merry madness he is, it's possible that his magic will have unexpected consequences.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:37:35 pm by Yellow Pixel »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2020, 06:59:40 pm »

Ōkeanós sleeps, it's form infusing the waters around it in the BelowWorld. Those that drink may find themselves changing as they wish, gaining powers according to their spirit. Or nothing could happen.

Water is constantly changing, and so the conflict pleases Ōkeanós in some way. Though they of ice they expected to be more coolheaded than hot. C'est la vie, one cannot predict the future so easily, for it too constantly shifts in accordance to decisions made, like a great chime orchestra.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2020, 01:15:35 am »

Velkos has awoken from his sleep and and sits atop the Ur-Tree, staring into the distance, deep in his thoughts.

"I had hoped sleep would bring me some great inspiration, yet it gave me no such thing. Instead, i woke up to discover within my watchers' memories that i have a new sibling yet again, and without haste he created an artifact of unparalleled arrogance, "The book of all"?, the "Tempus Dictus"? I can not allow such a thing to exist, or at least i must make its contents worthless or ever-shifting. I acknowledge that this will make me the first god to take an action against another one, but it is necessary.

With every passing century, i can feel the moment in which i will produce a failure of epic proportions growing ever closer, it is inevitable. Yet i have thought of a way to mitigate that risk, i only hope that should i create it, Kipp herself will not be too upset with me. The fact that i'm planning to undermine a divine artifact of my sibling, while also planning to create my own, is not lost on me."

"I think this land, and its inhabitants are ready to take another step toward independence from the gods. I have long thought of doing this, but the creation of that blasted book makes it a necessity. If Numeros intends to record the future, i shall make the future unpredictable. To do so, i shall tap into my own infinite well of divine power, and bestow upon all mortal, and only mortal creatures a small bit of that power. In doing so, i will free the mortal beings of this world from fate itself, just as we gods are, and allow them to make decisions that are truly their own. Not only that, but it will also allow them to use that power to perform acts arcane and magical. I will not care to distribute this power in equal quantities, nor care what the mortals do with it."

"However, i must also address another potential source of imbalance: As the civilizations of mortals continue to grow, it is inevitable that they will eventually cover every part of this land. If there is civilization, there must be a place where there is only nature. I will not create some barrier that mortals can not cross but instead i will create a place of unfathomable danger. I shall go to the densest, largest rainforest of this land and create within it beasts most dangerous, both large and small. All of them covered in tough scales. Some of them standing on two legs, some on four. Those scaled beasts shall hunt each other and anything that intrudes upon that land."

"Finally, i shall make another addition to the sky: I will create in the sky, far above the world, a great, colorful cloud that covers the sky. A nebula, and within it, countless stars. One more thing for the mortals to look upon, admire and ponder."

A voice speaks from slightly behind and below where Velkos sits:

"What?  No feathers?

... Also, I hope you're going to make make sure that the forest you put those things in isn't already inhabited by sapient mortals.", B*st says as she glances over to the forest of the cat-folk and tries to discern if it is the "densest, largest rainforest of this land", worried of what may become of her children if they have to co-inhabit with such beasts.

"Anyways, it is good that you are moving to counter that book.  It's no fun watching this world and it's inhabitants if the future is set in stone.  That is why I gave the mortals the ability to slowly change form over time."  She then glances at Velkos before looking straight ahead, and imagining that she is a small, green sapient creature with pointed ears and a staff, she a voice like she imagines the creature would make and says "Always in motion is the future."

She then waits to see what Numeros' next move may be.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2020, 08:19:39 am »

Numeros sends an abridged version of the Tempus Dictus to the mortals

He creates churches to worship each of the gods

He meditates about the end of the world

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2020, 10:57:48 am »

*waiting on strik3r to reply*

"He's creating churches for us.  Like he seems to think that _he_ can dictate to our children how they should worship us.  Does he think he can put himself above the other gods?", B*st says with a mixture of incredulity, scorn, and disgust.

Upon seeing the abridged version of Tempus Dictus being given to the mortals, she says to Velkos "An _abridged_ version?  How won...der..ful...  Now you can make it even _more_ useless!".

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2020, 11:44:09 am »

*waiting on strik3r to reply*

"He's creating churches for us.  Like he seems to think that _he_ can dictate to our children how they should worship us.  Does he think he can put himself above the other gods?", B*st says with a mixture of incredulity, scorn, and disgust.

Upon seeing the abridged version of Tempus Dictus being given to the mortals, she says to Velkos "An _abridged_ version?  How won...der..ful...  Now you can make it even _more_ useless!".

Velkos turns to B*st and speaks to her in a somber tone:
"My dearest sister. I fear that the worst may have come to pass. Any version of that book falling into the hands of mortals was the worst scenario i could think of. What happens, when you give someone a book that contains the exact date of their death? That of their family, their kingdom or the world? It's hard to tell now whether mortals having power over their own fates would better, or worse."

"And indeed, to create places of worship in our childrens' stead, or let alone our stead, it reeks of arrogance, to say how other gods should be worshipped. Why, i would prefer if i were not worshipped at all."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2020, 11:48:28 am »

*waiting for strik3r to reply to this as well*

"What?  No feathers?

... Also, I hope you're going to make make sure that the forest you put those things in isn't already inhabited by sapient mortals.", B*st says as she glances over to the forest of the cat-folk and tries to discern if it is the "densest, largest rainforest of this land", worried of what may become of her children if they have to co-inhabit with such beasts.

"Anyways, it is good that you are moving to counter that book.  It's no fun watching this world and it's inhabitants if the future is set in stone.  That is why I gave the mortals the ability to slowly change form over time."  She then glances at Velkos before looking straight ahead, and imagining that she is a small, green sapient creature with pointed ears and a staff, she a voice like she imagines the creature would make and says "Always in motion is the future."

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2020, 12:59:33 pm »

*waiting for strik3r to reply to this as well*

"What?  No feathers?

((OOC: I admit, i didn't write the feathers part in because it made the text too convoluted, and flow worse. But yes, feathers! Also, chronologically, this takes place before my previous post so... Time lmao.))
Velkos jolts to attention and turns his head to see B*st. He responds with only the slightest hint of annoyance at being disturbed.

"Feathers? What about feathers? Oh... You want feathers on some of those creatures. Very well, some of them shall have feathers too, particularly the small, bipedal kind."

"And yes, i very much intend to specifically avoid creating my little "nature preserve" somewhere where there is civilization, even if it means that it wont be in truly the largest rainforest. The point of it is to be a place with no people."

"Indeed, the world must always be in motion. The alternative is stagnation."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2020, 01:14:12 pm »

((OOC: I admit, i didn't write the feathers part in because it made the text too convoluted, and flow worse. But yes, feathers! Also, chronologically, this takes place before my previous post so... Time lmao.))
Velkos jolts to attention and turns his head to see B*st. He responds with only the slightest hint of annoyance at being disturbed.

"Feathers? What about feathers? Oh... You want feathers on some of those creatures. Very well, some of them shall have feathers too, particularly the small, bipedal kind."

"And yes, i very much intend to specifically avoid creating my little "nature preserve" somewhere where there is civilization, even if it means that it wont be in truly the largest rainforest. The point of it is to be a place with no people."

"Indeed, the world must always be in motion. The alternative is stagnation."

"Thank you brother.  Now I have work to do."

B*st commands one of her watchers to wrap itself around and within the copy of the Tempus Dictus that was given to the mortals so that no mortal may read it's contents.

B*st then teaches her watchers how to sing, gifting them with great breath such that their singing will cause leaves to rustle and fly into the air, cause grass and trees to sway, and push the clouds around in the sky.

B*st then teaches the mortals (starting with the cat-folk) how to sing.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 12:15:54 pm »

6th Turn

First rivalries and conflicts among the children of Kipp and their creations are becoming more and more prevalent on Insula Lumine. Will the gods try to prevent them? Or will the world be plunged into chaos?

Actions of Gods

The Pantheon

The World

Independant Events
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 01:28:02 pm »

In a ring around and above the AboveWorld, create the Cloudy Strips, masses of solid cloudstuff that the lightest may walk upon, with lakes, rivers, and ponds forming naturally as water rises and evaporated water from the sea soaks into them, completing a cycle.
Then mold them with lightweight flowering and fruiting plants and trees being planted and modified for a pure water diet.
Create the Slyph, Sky Fairies of the same abilities as the Ice Fairies but for their ability to mold wind and cloud instead of ice and water.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13