Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 13533 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (200AC)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2020, 05:33:52 pm »

Once more, does the cycle of weather be attempted, to self-sustain in cyclical nature. Sol shall heat the water, to rise and form the clouds, which let loss their water.

Next, Ōkeanós turns to the seas around the winter wonderland, chill and cold. They create many types of plant life, from the simple algae and plankton, to the sea-bushes spreading their tubed fibers.
Then, learning from B*st's past, They create many many types of beings, each more wonderous as the last. Carnivores, herbivores, omnivores, all part of a cycle of life.

The oceans shall be awash with beautiful color, light & dark, and wonderous life.
 With a base to feed them, these creatures, while not mortals, shall be fantastic to watch.

The god of light, life, and the birds arrives, finally.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:35:50 pm by TricMagic »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2020, 09:40:37 pm »

B*st looks in amazement upon the works of her siblings.

She decides to see what the fruit of their efforts are before making her next move.

In the meantime, B*st takes another nap.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 07:11:41 am »

3rd Turn

The third century goes by and the gods did what they did.

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheon

The World
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (300AC)
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 08:21:31 am »

Ōkeanós sinks into the waters, crafting mineral-rich ice sheets and waters and shells, for new life to germinate to and fill. The shape is like that of a circle, spreading far and deep, refracting the light that passes through them.

Ōkeanós, after 50 years, then creates heat beneath the deep waves, further down still than the ice he once made. By now, the plants would have consumed it, forming their own colonies in it's place. Slowly does he give rise to the heat, warm waters coming from a sphere of red ice, which warms rather than cools. This is divine work made manifst, to give warmth to the oceans, and currents to that which had none.

Last, Ōkeanós creates a race of Merfolk, with legs like many animals, varied for each one, but humanoid bodies atop. The Mortals live underwater, but can breath air as well. Some may also manifest arms like animals, and all have features to their bodies which equate with which one they take from.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 08:33:27 am »

B*st randomly picks one of  Velkos creations and raises up some of it's members, giving them sapience, free will, and a medium-sized humanoid form (while still keeping traits from their previous form).

B*st then creates beings in her image to watch over and protect the uplifted creatures and give them companionship.

B*st then wonders aloud why the narrator keeps calling her "him", before curling up for another nap.

Edit:  changed wording on first action.

Edit: fixed wording on first action.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:38:07 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 11:05:57 am »

(Just a bit of RP :P)
Velkos stands upon a hill, overlooking the now green and sunlit AboveWorld, mulling over his accomplishments.

"I put every bit of effort i could into creating Sol, Lua and their celestial dance, to make sure that the most critical part of this world worked correctly, and all my efforts paid off. That along with my creation of the plants, i have laid the very foundations for a world that doesn't need the gods to guide it."

"The mishap with my little watchers was unfortunate. I was too hasty in my quest to have sight over the world, i made them far too numerous and with far too much intellect, without considering the consequences. But if they wish to be free, so be it, who am i to deny them this?"

While Ōkeanós was beneath the sea, Velkos made his next moves.

"Despite the independence of my watchers, i can still peer into the memories of their travels and see what they've seen. In them, i have seen the mountain that sits at the very center of this island. The water that flows from there feeds many of the island's rivers.
I shall travel there, and plant a seed atop it, which will hopefully in time grow to be the greatest tree in the world and envelop the crystal that sits there too, as to protect it and so that its waters will flow through and are brought to the top of the tree, to the highest point in the world, to join with the clouds or to fall back down to the ground below again in waterfalls."

"With my creation of the plants above the ground that thrive in the light, i have inadvertently created another imbalance in the world. I shall strike the earth once more to create caves, openings and ravines in the earth. Places where plants, fungi and creatures that fear the light can flourish too."

"Finally, i shall make clusters of large and colorful crystals sprout in the plains of this land, to reflect and refract the magnificent light of both Sol and Lua, so as to inspire wonder and curiosity in all those who look upon the crystals."

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 12:05:29 pm »

Gambal, God of Magic, Arts and Mysteries, suddenly comes to existence in a burst of laughter. He takes the form of a typical gnome wearing a pointy hat, generally red but sometimes of other colors, according to his mood. Often he smiles, often he giggles and often he dances, strolling around while playing music on his flute. For him, every moment can be an occasion for play and he amuses himself by transforming things as he likes, to have fun and to add diversity to the world around him.

Too much order and uniformity displeases him, so he tries to disturb reality, but he doesn't really have a fixed goal, he just does as he fancy. He cares for others and desires to amaze souls with works of art and effusions of beauty. But he also wants to fill minds with incomprehension and to hide truths under an arcane veil; to change the nature of things and to make a myriad of enchantments. He is manifold, complex and strange.

At first, Gambal scampers here and there while playing his flute, but he is sad that the rocks and trees don't seem to listen to his music, so he attempts to bestow a spirit upon inanimate objects, plants and wild animals. He doesn't want to give them sentience, but only to give them a vital energy and make them able to feel the divine resonance of his melodies.

He then explores some more and finds the inhabitants of Insula Numine a bit too ordinary for his taste, so he decides to multiply himself in mortal form, creating the gnomes, a race similar to him that builds its dwellings under the earth.

Finally, he discovers the deep holes and caves that Velkos has just created and he rushes there in excitement to discover the many treasures they hide.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 12:07:31 pm by Yellow Pixel »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 07:30:39 am »

4th Turn

It has been more than 300 years since Kipp have created Insula Numine. Gods did what they always did, sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

Actions of Gods

The Pantheon

The World
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:42:56 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (400AC)
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 08:06:45 am »

As a note, circle means around the base of the isle and wonderland, forming more a cylinder that spreads down and in/out unevenly, slowly fanning further outward. The red ice, meanwhile, would be directly underneath.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:02 am »

Velkos lays atop the Ur-Tree, basking in the sunlight, reflecting upon his efforts and considering his next course of action.

"The creation of the Ur-Tree is a great success, as were my efforts to create caves and the little side effects of my crystals are hardly a severe one.
I am yet to suffer any great failures, but i fear my luck will turn around at the most critical moment and betray me when i need it the most."

"In the watchers' memories, i saw Gambal's creation of the gnomes. Oh how they sing and dance, wonderful little creatures really, but they lack a certain spark... Yet they will serve well as a base for me to mold like clay, into a people of my own image. I'm sure Gambal will not mind should i pluck some of their number and work upon them. I shall mold them, make them taller and bestow upon them legs like those of deer, so that they may be as nimble and I will give them long tails to balance themselves with. And last, i will grant to them boundless curiosity. I will show to them the Ur-Tree, but i will not guide their path beyond that."

"My crystals lighting wildfires in the dry plains is unfortunate but perhaps it would be best if there were no plants in those places at all. So it shall be, I will travel to the driest places of this land, and there i will uproot every plant, grind the earth until it is nothing but sand and part the clouds, exposing the land to the sun's heat until the last remnants of rivers and lakes dry up there. A place with no plants, to serve as counterbalance to the places of this land that have countless plants."

"Once i am finished, i shall return to the Ur-Tree to rest. I am yet to do so ever, i think it is time to."

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2020, 01:49:10 pm »

Work on the winter wonderland, making it more solid against destruction from the elements.
Build castles, towns, houses, trees, flowers, all in ice and glaciers, forming a natural wonderland.
Ōkeanós then creates the Yuki, ice fairies capable of changing size from 12 inches to 20 feet, a magical immortal race attuned to ice, and capable of manipulating it and the cold. When they die, they will reform in the place they have chosen as their home so long as the land isn't completely destroyed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 04:34:54 pm by TricMagic »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2020, 02:23:47 pm »

Work on the winter wonderland, making it more solid against destruction from the elements. (40 years)
Build castles, towns, houses, trees, flowers, all in ice and glaciers, forming a natural wonderland.(50 years)
Ōkeanós then creates the Yuki, ice fairies capable of changing size from 12 inches to 20 feet, a magical immortal race attuned to ice, and capable of manipulating it and the cold. When they die, they will reform in the place they have chosen as their home so long as the land isn't completely destroyed.

Can you please reduce the timescales? Or else I will struggle with cramming all of the actions in a hundred years.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 02:28:25 pm »

New Mechanic

Now there will be random events on the world that are unrelated to your actions, since there are mortals now. Wars between them, significant changes to the environment they cause etc.

Also, be ready for surprise for the 500th in-game anniversary, for there will be something pretty unexpected.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2020, 04:48:24 pm »

Gambal still roams the underground tunnels and recesses of Insula Numine, but the bare stone walls and the damp grottoes aren't satisfying for his artistic eyes. Therefore, he endeavors to morph the far-flung rock masses in multifarious shapes: round and curvy, stretched and drooping, sharp and spiny. He makes tall pillars, arched vaults, wavy curtains, stalagmites and stalactites, doing his best to give them unique and uneven features defying the usual properties of minerals. In this way, by gathering all the magical power he posseses, he tries to modify the nature of rock to make it pour like a viscous liquid from the top of the caves or drop as textile fabric.

After having put his best esthetic efforts into practice in the depths of earth, he returns among the Gnomes in order to develop their civilization. This time, he focuses on enhancing their language, that exists since the first Gnome Fortress is known under the name of LongHoses but that is rather primitive for now. So he teaches them a more advanced vocabulary and grammar, while encouraging them to find names for all the lifeforms, geographic features and ressources surrounding them, above and below ground level.

Then, using their more sophisticated language as a tool, he encourages them to ask themselves questions about their own nature, the nature of the world, the reason for their existence and even the profundity of the unknown. He also attemps to make them ponder about the cycle of life and death. However, he emphasizes the importance of always keeping a doubt about what is considered as truths. He ultimately incites them to form their first religious beliefs and to center them around the worship of him.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 05:34:19 pm »

Numeros God of Wisdom, Time, and Dreams awakens. He appears as a tall and slender man with silver skin and a clock instead of a head. He is often deep in thought.

Numeros creates a giant book called the Tempus Dictus. It chronicles every event which has happened and will ever happen.

He gives the mortals the gift of language

He dreams about the future
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13