Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should decisions on ships and installations without player-made contracts be handled when shareholders are in disagreement?

Unanimous decisions
Majority decisions
Plurality decisions
Highest !influence/join time

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out  (Read 7780 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures - Turn 0: Auctions and Deals
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2020, 01:38:47 pm »

I'm willing to pay for the Captain for our ship, Moon Units and IO.
No objections.

...Can we name it "Munit"?
What about "Munity?" Halfway between unity on the Mun and foul rebellion!

Anyway, I'd also like to point out that, out of the available options, we should be hauling broccoli on the first (rising) leg.
By my calculations, a full shipment of Broccoli gives ((9 - 8) * 50 / 2) - 22 = ^3 of profit for the whole trip per turn. Sustainably farmed hippo meat, on the other hand, gives ((19 -16) * 25 / 2) - 22 = ^15.5 of profit for the whole trip per turn.

On that note, hauling Heavy Elements back provides ((91 - 67) * 6 / 2) - 22 = ^50 of profit for the trip per turn.

All of this is assuming all my math checks out and they don't wiggle prices on us mid-voyage.

EDIT: Whoopsied up per-turn vs per-trip profits. My calculations treat each leg of the journey as providing profits each turn for the entire round trip, which led to some confusion.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:54:34 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2020, 03:41:25 pm »

As a joint owner of one of the new ships, I propose the following plan.

Quote from: MerchantVessel#2 Maiden Voyage Plan
The owners of the trade ship MerchantVessel#2 agree that:
- Captain "Roy Kit" will be hired to captain the vessel, beholden to CPST
- The vessel will move  25 units of Authentic Meat to the Mun and exchange it for 6 units of Heavy Elements before returning

To pay for this journey, ^494 will be assembled as follows:
- ^161 from CPST
- ^133 from IMI
- ^45 from SIGS
- ^155 from SMSI

Additionally, the vessel will be renamed to the winning entry on the attached voting slip.

Signed
- SolarMax Shipping and Industry
-
-
-

Quote from: MerchantVessel#2 rename bonanza
() Laden Swallow :
() Trade Encounters of the Third Kind :
(1) Glow for it : Kashyyk
() Genuine Meat on a Stick :

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2020, 04:26:59 pm »

- The vessel will move  25 units of Authentic Meat to the Mun and exchange it for 6 units of Heavy Elements before returning

- ^161 from CPST
- ^133 from IMI
- ^45 from SIGS
- ^155 from SMSI

Additionally, the vessel will be renamed to the winning entry on the attached voting slip.

Signed
- Superintelligent Goldfish Solutions
-
-

() Laden Swallow :
(2) Glow For It : Kashyyk, IronyOwl

Spoiler: SIGS Assets (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2020, 04:29:24 pm »

- ^161 from CPST
- ^133 from IMI
- ^45 from SIGS
- ^155 from SMSI

Signed
- Classis Praefectum Shipwrights and Transport
-

(1) Laden Swallow : Madman
(2) Glow For It : Kashyyk, IronyOwl

Spoiler: CPST (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »

Anyway, I'd also like to point out that, out of the available options, we should be hauling broccoli on the first (rising) leg.
By my calculations, a full shipment of Broccoli gives ((9 - 8) * 50 / 2) - 22 = ^3 of profit for the whole trip per turn. Sustainably farmed hippo meat, on the other hand, gives ((19 -16) * 25 / 2) - 22 = ^15.5 of profit for the whole trip per turn.

On that note, hauling Heavy Elements back provides ((91 - 67) * 6 / 2) - 22 = ^50 of profit for the trip per turn.

All of this is assuming all my math checks out and they don't wiggle prices on us mid-voyage.
No, you're right, I just missed a couple lines out of the table. Nooooot my day, haha. That said, I was actually looking at the profit as a percentage of outlays, as a risk minimisation heuristic, but meaty bits are still better by that metric too.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2020, 05:44:56 am »

To ASS, as we both in similar economical situation I would recommend, to avoid empty cargo hold, that whomever of us hire the captain would also determine the products purchased in the first round trip.

As for a name, I am thinking of "Ashford Neutron Unlimited (As unlimited by light speed) Ship", what is your thought?
That name sounds good to me, better than anything I could come up with.

Also what do you think we should send as our first cargo?
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2020, 06:47:13 am »

Also what do you think we should send as our first cargo?

According to my calculations (I can send you the sheet if you want), the most profitable cargo for us is to take Authentic Meat to Mun and Low-G edible Flora on the way from Mun to Home, The profit from that if prices stay constant is ^30 per round trip.

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2020, 05:30:47 pm »

- ^161 from CPST
- ^133 from IMI
- ^45 from SIGS
- ^155 from SMSI

Signed
- Classis Praefectum Shipwrights and Transport
- Iron Mountain Industries

(1) Laden Swallow : Madman
(3) Glow For It : Kashyyk, IronyOwl, C2M

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2020, 06:33:29 am »

According to my calculations (I can send you the sheet if you want), the most profitable cargo for us is to take Authentic Meat to Mun and Low-G edible Flora on the way from Mun to Home, The profit from that if prices stay constant is ^30 per round trip.
Looks good to me.

So now all that's left is to get a captain, how do we figure out who's buying it, if you want to save your money I can buy it.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2020, 07:08:43 am »

If you have a good name idea, be my guest, but I have no problem buying it myself, I just don't have a good name idea.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2020, 08:14:41 am »

If you have a good name idea, be my guest, but I have no problem buying it myself, I just don't have a good name idea.
I'm terrible at coming up with names, the best I can come up with right now is Harold Goldstine.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2020, 01:02:15 pm »

I'm terrible at coming up with names, the best I can come up with right now is Harold Goldstine.
Flesh Infiltration Unit #28

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2020, 05:11:39 pm »

Turn will be this weekend.  If you've not submitted your orders for your ships (or made arrangements with your fellow shareholders to have those orders submitted) now would be a good time to get to it

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2020, 05:24:31 pm »

SYS hires a captain named "Frank Zappa" to captain the Munity. He will be part of the SYS chain of command as a neutral arbiter.

The Mewn Crew don't seem to like this idea.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 04:18:26 pm by Maximum Spin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2020, 06:05:18 pm »

Mun Consortium, you guys around? I'd recommend we order the MerchantVessel#1 to haul Authentic Meats to the Mun and purchase Heavy Elements for the trip back.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10