Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: SPAMVICEROY: Viceroy Kidraan Traic of Bena Janetta  (Read 5590 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMVICEROY: Viceroy Kidraan Traic of Bena Janetta
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2020, 12:32:29 pm »

B A nice simple festive time.  We might even make a tradition of such things.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2020, 01:25:49 pm »

B

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2020, 01:48:40 pm »

The festival goes off without a hitch. Everyone stuffs themselves to the brim, and Caelus receives his fair share (in the form of sacrificial offerings). Afterwards people sing, dance, and get drunk; a series of toasts are given, one of which is directed at you. So that's nice.

Late Autumn, Colonial Year 10
The explorers return with maps of the Stone-Axe Tribe's territory, having been shown around by guides from same. Apparently the heart of their territory is a large- active- volcano, their capital (which the explorers only saw from a distance) situated upon its slopes. There is also some sort of explanation of the Sacred Valley's significance; apparently it is considered home to many nature spirits, explaining its great fertility, and the tribe leaves the valley untouched such that the spirits may bless the rest of their domain.
Spoiler: Ye Mappe (click to show/hide)
Notably absent are indications of suitable sites for settlements. When pressed, the expedition leader explained that they mostly just followed the guides, and didn't have time to perform extensive surveys. He blames his own poor grasp of the native language, which made communicating with the guides difficult.

Oh well. There are still suitable sites for settlements in the mountains to the east. You almost forget to ask for your lucky compass back; the expedition leader confesses that he never used it, handing it back without complaint.

Early Winter, Colonial Year 10
Peroc (your wife), is distraught. One of the girls who accompanied her- essentially a maid- is sick. At first it seemed like she had just had a case of the sniffles, but now she has a blistering fever and is barely eating or drinking. Apparently she is a childhood friend; Peroc (who has learned to speak Imperial since she came here) begs you to do something.

A: Such is life, I'm afraid. Not much we can do but let her rest.
B: Fetch the bishop- he knows some medicine-, and tell him to do everything he can.
C: Sounds like she's infectious. Can't have the entire colony getting sick, get her out of here.
TURNTURNTURN
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 02:04:33 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2020, 01:54:21 pm »

B
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2020, 01:56:36 pm »

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2020, 04:06:14 pm »

B or C for certain, I am going to go with B and hope luck sees us through.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2020, 11:03:59 pm »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2020, 11:33:28 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 03:57:44 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 04:41:13 am »

5+1=6
(I don't know why you keep getting lucky when the unmodified roll is a 5)
It takes the bishop only a few minutes to determine the girl's sickness. He has seen it before several times over the past few years- according to him, it is a normal flu, which for some reason affects the natives much more severely. A simple offering to Akwa (god of water and medicine) and a properly prepared tonic should clear it up. Fortunately, he has the necessary ingredients, and asks for only a small donation in return- apparently the girl has been studying the Imperial faith, and he considers her a valuable asset in his attempts to spread the truth.

As predicted, the girl recovers quickly. Peroc is delighted, and her bright smile is a fine reward.

Some of the colonists from Lake's End come to stay in Nova Emperia, which is not a problem. The rest of the winter is uneventful, until-

Late Winter, Colonial Year 10
Two ships arrive from the Empire near the end of the year (they alternate use of the dock). They carry many immigrants- some of the standard fortune-seeking variety, but a number of them are, ah, more problematic. The Imperial Envoy explains that the Emperor decided to round up some troublesome heretics and send them your way- out of sight, out of mind. It's up to you what to do with them, he says.

A: Heretics? In my colony? I think not. Force them to renounce their heresy on pain of death.
B: So long as they don't cause trouble- or try to convert anyone else to their wicked ways- they may live in peace.
C: Who cares how they worship? We treat them the same as any other colonist.
D: Oh, man, I can't wait to rub this in the bishop's face. Have a shrine built for them!

Having determined what to do about their heterodoxy, you must now decide how to distribute them.

A: They can all live here, in Nova Emperia.
B: Divide them between Shore Forest and Lake's End.
C: Half of them stay here, half of them strike out into the mountains to the east.
D: I don't care, so long as they don't expect any handouts. 

With immigration sorted, the next issue is taxation. The Imperial Envoy joins you in admiring the product of Nova Emperia's silver mine- box after box of gleaming ingots. The Envoy then has every single one loaded onto his ships. He informs you that the Emperor has generously decided not to extract an additional tax this year, but reminds you that next year's tax will of course be higher.

Before he departs, the Envoy hands you a sealed envelope, similar to the one you received a year ago, with instructions to wait a week before opening it. He wishes you luck for the coming year, and sails off.

In lighter news, it seems Peroc is pregnant.
TURNTURNTURN
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 02:04:50 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 04:44:02 am »

Can we have an option to exile the heretics to make their own heretical colony somewhere else?

If not, I vote for ACGiven the lack of support for dealing properly with FILTHY HERETICS, I vote for BC as a compromise.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 09:17:01 am by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 05:21:39 am »

CC
Nobody cares about your false gods, here's a pickaxe go start a mine in the mountains far from everyone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 05:25:20 am »

BD
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2020, 09:12:07 am »

BC
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2020, 11:03:21 am »

CA Considering that our allies are heathens, and our wife is almost certainly still one as well, I don't think we've got much room to argue against their views. In fact, I think they could be a useful counterweight against the orthodox faith if they decide they don't practically like our, so far, tolerate stance. Strange ideas for assimilating ourselves into become a half-native state? I have no idea what your talking about.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10