Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Tribe  (Read 21230 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2020, 11:26:44 am »

The Crafter asks for the Basket to repair.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2020, 11:53:18 am »

Give basket to Crafter. Hunt big game. Request advice.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:14 am »

Remember to use Spear

FA: Repair Basket for use.
Research Tipi: From the furs and sticks, can places to sleep warm and comfortable be made? To keep the heat inside and the cold out.

Also, Spears aren't in my research section

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2020, 04:27:39 pm »

"I shall accompany you. It would seem that we have no proper location to dry meats at the moment - So I shall try to pull my weight.
Hunt Big Game as well.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2020, 04:45:42 pm »

I forgot to add the information in Roles that drying requires a Drying Slab. Sorry for the confusion.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2020, 08:57:47 pm »

Advise the Hunter

Watch yourselves out there.

There is nothing else I can do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:23:38 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2020, 10:14:49 pm »

"Hm... I believe that there's a herd or sizable beasts over at the Lake... Shall we try our luck there?"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2020, 10:17:18 pm »

((Currently only the Crafter can craft. This may change soon, when I am confident on a way to both balance and track it. But for this turn you cannot craft unless it is your role.))
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2020, 12:14:02 am »

((Currently only the Crafter can craft. This may change soon, when I am confident on a way to both balance and track it. But for this turn you cannot craft unless it is your role.))
What else could I do then?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2020, 01:11:22 am »

Anything. Cooking. Even Hunting or Gathering in the home territory.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2020, 11:09:10 am »

Actions are now locked in. The next turn will begin in about a day.

Hunter: Hunt big game.
Crafter: Research Tipi
Nomad: Hunt Big Game as well.
Elder: Advise the Hunter (nothing else)

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2020, 01:48:12 am »

Due to changes to my sleep schedule by a few hours, the update may come a few hours later than usual.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2020, 03:30:06 pm »

Late Summer

8 Turns Survived
7 Turns Until End of Winter

The Tribe gets ready to part ways. The Elder finishes advising The Hunter, and sees them off. They then go and watch The Crafter, who is very busy this morning. The Elder is impressed to watch them work, The Crafter is constantly solving problems such as moving things that seem too heavy by using a stick, or ripping off a piece of wood to use as a temporary tool to solve a problem before discarding it. They've erected a strange stick formation, and seem frustrated there is no grazer carcass scraps, as they apparently need a few for what they are trying to do. [4] + [1] (minor failure) The Elder talks to them about their own interest in crafting, but explains they probably couldn't improvise temporary tools the way The Crafter does. The Crafter considers this, and supposes a tougher general purpose tool could be made for others to be able to craft, and perhaps improve their own a bit. /wooden mallet technology unlocked, crafting roll chart revealed/

On their way out The Nomad meets up with The Hunter. They decide to stick to hunting in the home territory. They stalk through the wet mulch of yellow leaves, and spot a few grazers alone. [3] +1 +1 -1, [4] +1 -1 The Nomad pegs one by throwing their spear! In the other grazer's moment of confusion The Hunter decides to try it too. The Nomad's spear was designed with this in mind, but the sheer force with which The Hunter hurls theirs makes up for any discrepancy, and the second is pegged.

Quote from: Crafting Roll Chart
Crafting requires a mallet. (except for The Crafter, who gains +1 to rolls)

2- major failure, very bad scenario or major injury
3 major failure, bad scenario or minor injury
4 mojor failure
5 minor failure
6 trivial failure
7 failure
8 trivial success
9 minor success
10 success
11 major success
12+ major success, and unexpected boon

+2+ trivial
+1 easy
+0 normal
-1 hard
-2 ambitious
-3+ impractical

The Eye of Fear is a silver sliver tonight. he Hunter and Nomad returned with the bounty of a larger hunt than there has been in a long time. The Nomad mentions they are proficient extracting a lot of useful scraps from carcasses, but it would destroy the meat.

You have 48 hours. Copy/Paste list to update(and remove a hunger / slash for each piece of food consumed)!
Eat or Go Hungry.

/ Elder: Ceremonial Mask
/ Hunter: Tattered Spear, Grazer Carcass
/ Crafter: Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle, Woven Basket
/ Nomad: Tattered Spear, Fur Coat, Grazer Carcass
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 5 (Safe, but Spoiled) Human Meat
Sacrifice:

Free Conversions
Tribe: Convert a grazer carcass into 3 meat. (same ratio for human carcass; human meat has a 1/3 chance to be deadly when eaten)
Hunter: Convert a grazer carcass into 6 meat. (same ratio for human carcass)
Crafter: Convert a grazer carcass into 3 meat, and 1 grazer carcass scraps. (same ratio for human carcass)
Nomand: Convert a grazer carcass into 2 grazer carcass scraps. (same ratio for human carcass)
Ceremonial Mask Bearer: Sacrifice any amount or combination of food to the ancestors. Can make a wish or ask a question. Most effective mid-season.
Mortar & Pestle Bearer: Convert any combination of food to 1/4 that many stew. When eaten, stew grants an extra die on the next action roll, and the higher number is used.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2020, 09:16:42 pm »

"I shall go hungry today, if that is fine. For I am going to make scraps for us to craft clothings from. Winter is always approaching, and I would be saddened to see my new tribe fall to the elements."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2020, 07:38:43 am »

"I am glad we caught two grazers instead of one, but didn't we agree that you were going to dry the meat? It's all spoiled now, and we might go hungry come winter."
move grazer into communal for crafter to process.

/ Elder: Ceremonial Mask
/ Hunter: Tattered Spear,
/ Crafter: Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle, Woven Basket
/ Nomad: Tattered Spear, Fur Coat, Grazer Carcass
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 5 (Safe, but Spoiled) Human Meat, Grazer Carcass
Sacrifice:
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24