Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Numbercurse - Competitive - The Curse has been Lifted  (Read 31957 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just posting to say that I'll join.
I'll take the legendary stonecrafter as my dwarf.

Every other INIT setting is fair game.

Are you sure about that list? if [INVADERS:NO] does wat I think it does, it would take a lot of the fun out of the game. It would also make some of the other obligatory init settings pointless.

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile

I'm in and ready to find ways of industrializing target item improvements in the most soul crushing way possible. For instance, a lot of gems will be needed, which means a lot of mining. And there's a lot of material for picks and lot of hands.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in and ready to find ways of industrializing target item improvements in the most soul crushing way possible. For instance, a lot of gems will be needed, which means a lot of mining. And there's a lot of material for picks and lot of hands.

..and training material
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

I'll be taking Mistem Kolmonang as my dwarf.

Also, how dare you Spriggans.

Seems everyone's a bit moody in the fort - I noticed a few of the children are traumatized already.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

Ahah ! ;D Feel free to replace him if you want ! But since this is a community fort, I needed a reference everyone could understand, and 'Trump' is an all-nobles-at-once dwarf. So that's fitting.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you sure about that list? if [INVADERS:NO] does wat I think it does, it would take a lot of the fun out of the game. It would also make some of the other obligatory init settings pointless.

Honestly I'm surprised no one has called me on that wording yet lol, thank you! This is why I like new players. In any case, I've edited the above post to fix that. Welcome aboard!

..and training material

Yeah, I suppose gems might be an OK value modifier since they can be worth a ton, and the skill up is free w/ a dwarf cutting stone cabochons or whatever, but their relative scarcity compared to other materials might be their downfall. Mining gems takes a looong time, and is micromanagey compared to metal mining or high-value marble mining. Skilling metal workers takes a while, and a lot of fuel, though I suppose we do have the magma forges down below. I'm curious if anyone will go the organic route - cloth and dye are technically infinite materials.

Ahah ! ;D Feel free to replace him if you want ! But since this is a community fort, I needed a reference everyone could understand, and 'Trump' is an all-nobles-at-once dwarf. So that's fitting.

political opinion below :) if you are sensitive look away
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems everyone's a bit moody in the fort - I noticed a few of the children are traumatized already.

Yeah I sent them the link to this thread and they saw what you murderers posted. "SMASH THEM SMASH THEM!" It's a wonder they didn't run off right there.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 11:44:38 am by Salmeuk »

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

..and training material

Yeah, I suppose gems might be an OK value modifier since they can be worth a ton, and the skill up is free w/ a dwarf cutting stone cabochons or whatever, but their relative scarcity compared to other materials might be their downfall. Mining gems takes a looong time, and is micromanagey compared to metal mining or high-value marble mining. Skilling metal workers takes a while, and a lot of fuel, though I suppose we do have the magma forges down below. I'm curious if anyone will go the organic route - cloth and dye are technically infinite materials.
Infinite, but each material can only be applied once. Gems come in many flavors, which is why they are useful, can be applied to the same item once for each gem type.
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I sent them the link to this thread and they saw what you murderers posted. "SMASH THEM SMASH THEM!" It's a wonder they didn't run off right there.
But its dwarven tradition to think about smashing all the children, you don't do it even though you really want to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly I'm surprised no one has called me on that wording yet lol, thank you! This is why I like new players. In any case, I've edited the above post to fix that. Welcome aboard!

This was my secret plan to avoid doing anything with the outside. THANKS FOR RUINING IT, BRALBAARD. Honestly though it's a good idea to have the constant threat of sieges. No big deal now, anyway - with a decade of booze sitting around.

I'm getting started on my first attempt. I've never messed with decorations before - so...this'll be interesting.

EDIT: The entire fort has basically no experience in the labors related to decorations...well done, Salmeuk.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:54:26 pm by delphonso »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This was my secret plan to avoid doing anything with the outside. THANKS FOR RUINING IT, BRALBAARD.

Don't forget to thank me when you' ve obtained some of those sweet forgotten beast bones for decorations ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 01:48:06 am by Bralbaard »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Current mood: WHY WON'T THE CHILDREN GO TO THE BURROW

EDIT:
Fuck me, man - this is awful. I'm in late Summer and still can't get my work-flow right to even come close to STARTING the decoration process. I'm not sure if I should restart or just put the 3 cheapest items in the fort on a pedestal and call it. This is exhausting.

I need a better way to kill off the whole population quickly because I hate everyone in the fort.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:19:13 am by delphonso »

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile

It belatedly occurs to me I never picked a dwarf, therefore never officially entered the competition!

Nomal, I choose you!

Nomal ReveredPaddled, who shall from now on be known only as 'Normal', is the only other dorf in the fort with any skill in Appraisal, Organizer, and Record Keeper. She is therefore the only competition for Sir Trump. There's a possibility of roleplay there, even if I doubt I will; the current state of US politics is what I'd describe as 'a dumpster fire', and I really don't want it to infect Dwarf Fortress too. Add to that, I'm not even roleplaying the turn proper.

I'll start my turn late-ish; I never really bothered with decorations before, and I'll need to hit the wiki first. Plus, I'm now overseer of SmallHands, too.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eeeverything is fiine, just fiiine...

It sure is fine around here!

No loyalty cascades or anything!

Ledpaddled

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the only screenshot I grabbed of my first attempt - what an absolute shitshow.

Am I the first one to have to start over due to character death?

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile

Why do I feel a little responsible?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24