Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Numbercurse - Competitive - The Curse has been Lifted  (Read 31916 times)

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

Glory and praise Applet! Glory and Praise to our Holy Cat Lord !

@Bralbaard : I think I'll steal your circular bedroom design for my next fort. That was lovely :)

Also, Applet, I forgot... WTF is this ??
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:01:52 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Winter
Also.. most of your names are really freaking hard to pronounce, let alone remember. 'Spriggans' can keep her name. 'Rapidon' likewise. 'applet' seems like a good name, yeah. You're all named 'applet' now.
NOW GET FORGING.

In the end, 'applet' the Cat could retire in the knowledge that the shinest items were right where they were supposed to be. On the pedestals, with a chair to look at them from. And even though they might not be the shiniest in the world, they were plenty enough for this cat.

I feel that some people might not have read my reports as closely as they should've :P

Oh, and Sal, maybe update the thread title?
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

I feel that some people might not have read my reports as closely as they should've :P

Right.... I remember now... Ho well... :-X
In my timeline, I'll probably add some pretty numbers to them. Say 'applet #42' or something.
Though I could also remove the nicknames all together, I just like the Troll level here.
And the rules clearly state we can "sabotage" the fortress in a way only ourselves know about. I think maybe I'll add custom/obscure profession names to the dorfs for my turn  ::)

EDIT : Count me in for this turn ! This challenge has interresting strategies. Should we specialize in one weapon type ? Or a little bit of all ? Humm... Depends on the players count I guess.
I'll keep my dorfed dorf, obviously.

@Sal : do "toy axes" count ? I guess not. But just to be clear...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:59:24 am by Spriggans »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no time to join this week.
(but I'll certainly read up on everybodies exploits during this challenge)

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

Hooo god that took a long time !!! And was absolutely not worth the effort. But I don't like clones. Now every little applet is unique.

Spoiler: Trolling intensifies (click to show/hide)

I've completed the review of the fort. We have several goals for this year, other than the weapons making :

- Make a proper entrance
- Make a proper dining rooms
- Make proper temples
- Make proper workshops
- Make a proper military training
- Yeah, make a proper everything, in fact...
- And last but not least, kill all the turkeys
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 05:04:42 am by Spriggans »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

- And last but not least, kill all the turkeys

I'm also on team Kill-Turkey. We'll see who wins this round and determines the fate of the useless gobblers.

EDIT with timestamp: I'm taking Lorsithkivish "Eaglelancer" as my dorf. I've named them "applonso" to maintain applet the cat's wishes.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:37:59 am by delphonso »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know that Salmeuk will have a heart attack while inspecting your fortressess right?
Bonus points if you turn them into turkey bone crossbows though.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

holy crap spriggans did you really rename every single applet?? LOL if you win. .  this fortress will be cursed.

RE: Will traded weapons be counted?

Yes! You can trade for the weapons if you wish, though it's too late to ask for much of anything.

RE: Do toy axes count?

Sadly, no.

RE: kill all the turkeys

why has it come to this talk of genocide? was peace never an option? feather or not, they are living creatures, deserved of all the natural rights granted to them by the Gods of this Earth!

I have to update the OP I know but I'm honestly swamped at work. One day I'll have a beautiful award gallery, with each of your glorious, hand-crafted title awards listed in their appropriate spots. One day.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:10:50 pm by Salmeuk »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Numbercurse - Competitive Succession Game - Round 4 In-Progress - Join Now!
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2020, 05:43:00 pm »

Lastly, any placement of weapons preferred? Just "in the fort" or in stockpiles or does in the hands of dwarves also count?

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2020, 01:20:39 am »

Lastly, any placement of weapons preferred? Just "in the fort" or in stockpiles or does icn the hands of dwarves also count?
Or in weapon traps
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile

Applet, congratulations on your victory!

I'll make my formal start in ~8 hours, or failing that in ~20 hours. Then I'll present my chosen dwarf, and any other observations. Meanwhile, I'd like to make sure I understand the scoring:

The following round will commence NOW. Players will be given 1 week, until 7:00 AM PST Thursday, October 22nd, though we can give extensions.

For round 4, we're bringing back the mass production, but with a twist:

With goblins at the gates, it's time to arm our non-existent militia! Variety will be key. Create as many weapons of as many kinds as possible. Axes, swords, crossbows, you name it, all will count towards victory. Each player who makes the most of any given weapon type will earn 1 point. All points earned will be totaled, and the player with the most won categories will be declared victor! In case of a tie for category, points will be awarded to both players. In case of a tie for overall winner, the highest weapon count from any category will act as a tiebreaker.

So, to specify,  only the following 7 weapon types will be judged, for a total 7 points possible.

Weapons can be made from any material. No training weapons, foreign weapons, or bolts will be counted.

Yes, this will be difficult to count. So be it, in the name of competition, sacrifices MUST be made.

Don't forget to pm me or post which dwarf you have selected for this following year, and if you wish, you can re-dwarf yourself at this time.

SAVE is HERE good LUCK!

So let's see if I understand this correctly:

- there are only 7 points in play.
- the player with the highest number of weapons of a type gets a point. Weapons are counted as per above - only fortress made, no training weapons, material doesn't matter.
- the player with the most points wins.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:42:35 am by StrikaAmaru »
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2020, 03:56:19 am »

Lastly, any placement of weapons preferred? Just "in the fort" or in stockpiles or does in the hands of dwarves also count?

Anywhere is fine, though more obvious places ensure I will manage to find and count every last one. using the stocks lists should make it a breeze

So let's see if I understand this correctly:

- there are only 7 points in play.
- the player with the highest number of weapons of a type gets a point. Weapons are counted as per above - only fortress made, no training weapons, material doesn't matter.
- the player with the most points wins.

Yup, yup, and yup, except one thing - if you trade for weapons those count too. I can't really tell the difference anyways. But yes, only the 7 types will be assessed!

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hooo god that took a long time !!! And was absolutely not worth the effort. But I don't like clones. Now every little applet is unique.

Spoiler: Trolling intensifies (click to show/hide)
I thought you were going to add "the first" etc. to the Profession instead of the nickname... make that piece of information useless too.

Also, I will not be able to play this one, RL has caught up to me - and what little free time I have will be spent on other forts.

I'll be watching though.
Ledpaddled

Murr2

• Bay Watcher
  • and locally produced cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2020, 02:01:21 pm »

PTW might join in on the fun later.
"ya dun stole ma battly axe!"

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2020, 02:01:55 pm »

Following what has already become tradition, I renamed a dwarf that’s already in the nobles menu: the manager/broker/bookeeper Rith Ninurlikot.

Also, I nearly wiped out all the applet nicknames except for the youngest member of the fort, but eventually decided against. Everybody (who’s not Radipon, Spriggans or me) is still named applet.

The fort has 69 adults (nice), 29 children, and one baby. There’s a ton of ore dug out by previous overseers, enough booze to last us until the next decade, far less food, everybody needs clothes, goblins on the surface are fighting with undead, and I got a real-life bottle of wine. Let’s go!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:31:29 am by StrikaAmaru »
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24