Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Multiverse Mecha Mayhem - Mission 1 has Begun (OOC Thread)  (Read 5774 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Mecha Mayhem - Mission 1 has Begun (OOC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2020, 12:06:55 pm »

Could you lay out what the dice involved are for the Indistriminate Snugglehug Salvo on the two yellows?  I'm pretty sure it's extremely likely to reduce them to zero HP, but it'd be nice to see it written out.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:13:55 pm by Devastator »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2020, 12:37:04 pm »

The base attack of the mech is 10d12 and Heart Havoc Sentinel Ruinous Confession gets +1 success for using a weapon which matches their attack's focus. The drones have a defensive TN of 1 and +1 from Defensive Terrain. So the roll is 10d12 + 1 Success vs 2 TN. 2 DS will take out the drones since they have only 4 HP, so Heart Havoc Sentinel Ruinous Confession needs to roll at least 3 successes with its 10d12 to defeat them in a single shot, which has something like a 2% chance of not occurring.

Extremely likely is putting it lightly.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2020, 01:45:29 pm »

So uh... hey, would you say that the 'atack random targets' Metamorphosis feature on my ranged Finisher would include using Finishers too? Just wondering. No reason in particular.

Edit: Action changed
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:03:46 pm by Failbird105 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2020, 02:06:30 pm »

Yes, but it's not going to happen very often.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2020, 09:31:36 pm »

Yes, but it's not going to happen very often.
I know, just theorizing over the possibility that the metamorphosized yellow drone will finish the other drone too.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2020, 01:54:23 pm »

Fire White Phosphorus at the area with dwarf carnations 9 and 10. (8 SP)

You get 2 AP a turn and attacking costs only 1, so what else do you want to do, a1s?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2020, 06:09:01 am »

Nothing for now. (I would use my second attack, if I had one, or at least guard if I weren't already in hard terrain. I also can't move and attack.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2020, 08:21:32 am »

That works. It just wasn't obvious from your post so I wanted to double-check.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2020, 09:39:38 am »

The next turn is up. Let me know if I missed or overlooked anything.

Also, is it obvious enough that the areas marked with a G are being guarded by the enemy (and thus count as Difficult Terrain for you guys)? Or should I add it to the legend somehow?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2020, 12:21:51 pm »

Looks good to me.

Should James go after the two tulip rifles, or should he try to kidnap one of the two named characters on the opposing side?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2020, 04:45:06 pm »

Gotta say, my first upgrade planned: Make Submerge not cost 2 AP.

Looks good to me.

Should James go after the two tulip rifles, or should he try to kidnap one of the two named characters on the opposing side?
I'd recommend going after either the Lilac or one of the Tulips, simply because they're the ones who present the most threat to the rest of the team given that we're going to be well defended from everything else for the next four turns.

I'd also recommend that, if you're only going to move one area, you should disable one of the enemies you find yourself within melee range of.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 05:12:45 pm by Failbird105 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2020, 07:56:47 pm »

"Ignore difficult terrain" is also a lot better than "Make Trudge cost 1 less", too.  Might keep the latter, though, as the former sounds too OP.

Nah.. the disable effect ends when something enters a different space than Jimmy's mech, so whatever he hits could just move and then shoot.

The blue drones might also have the two unlisted default weapons, making the disable meaningless.

Hitting one of them would have a 1/9 chance of killing it, (and a 4/9 chance of 2 damage), which would be meaningful.. but nah, Jimmy really shouldn't attack, and I'd rather not get into the habit.

The goal there with moving one space is to be able to force a grapple on either enemy boss unit next turn.  Jimmy could enter the enemy ship's area instead, which might be better.. he'd still get to do that to any enemy that chooses not to double-move, or grapple and disable if a boss doesn't move at all.

Space pirate has a cover-ignoring axe and it'd be the more insane/audacious move, so I think I'll stick with just moving one and grappleing her mech next turn.  That could start taking her out, and should draw fire from the other tulips, so they'll be off you as soon as he does that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:28:44 pm by Devastator »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2020, 10:01:50 pm »

Eh, fair enough. Also, I'd recommend nobody finishes the damaged Yellow drone, I want to metamorphosize it next turn to hopefully have it hit some of the other enemies, it's AoE, so it's kinda the perfect pick for that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2020, 10:37:45 pm »

Though the real argument against the tulips is that it'll still be two turns to actually do anything, and the enemy boss is slightly more dangerous.

TBH, the move I'm doubting more is the submerge one.  The dangerous enemies ignore defensive terrain, so more of it doesn't seem that useful.  Maybe finish the other yellow now instead?

..unless Submerge makes it count as enclosed, hence stopping several points of attack regardless of the attacks ignoring defensive terrain.  Then it makes perfect sense.

Also, the only multi-target hit is two blues that are currently out of range, and the enemy ship, which won't do much.  That stray yellow can't shoot the greens from where it is, so..

Hmm.. Maybe Takhir should try to get to where Jimmy is now.  That would allow Irony's character, (Heart Havok) to kill the greens with the infinite-range finisher, which would allow a mitigation of the battery issue, and let Takhir do the damage with the HEAT rounds.  Could be done in two turns, nailing a blue and moving each turn.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 11:00:06 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2020, 11:39:43 pm »

I'm starting to think dealing infinite damage and being made of tissue has some downsides.

You should totally kidnap named enemies, though. If we're gonna have a rival, might as well give em a good reason!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6