Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Multiverse Mecha Mayhem - Mission 1 has Begun (OOC Thread)  (Read 5765 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Mecha Mayhem - Mission 1 has Begun (OOC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2020, 11:59:59 pm »

I doubt it'll actually work, but it might lead to some fun.  Or hurried, panic-fueled negotiations.

I think there were some early Fire Emblems that let you do that.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2020, 03:35:35 am »

Do I understand correctly that I still have a basic melee attack (range 0, MA, 1SP), despite it not being explicitly listed on my sheet?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2020, 05:44:10 am »

Yes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2020, 08:34:44 am »

"Ignore difficult terrain" is also a lot better than "Make Trudge cost 1 less", too.  Might keep the latter, though, as the former sounds too OP.

Ignoring difficult terrain completely is something that would have to happen conditionally, like with Amphibious ignoring it only in water areas or Flight ignoring all area traits. Even if you make Trudge 0 AP you can only use it once per turn and so can still be slowed down by it, whereas ignoring it completely would allow you to zoom across the map.

The blue drones might also have the two unlisted default weapons, making the disable meaningless.

Enemies will never have unlisted weapons or abilities. Any hidden traits will be marked down with question marks, so even if you don't know what they have you will always know if they have something in reserve. So the blue drones have exactly one weapon to attack with.

Do I understand correctly that I still have a basic melee attack (range 0, MA, 1SP), despite it not being explicitly listed on my sheet?

Yes you do. I wanted to make sure that everyone had some basic weapons to use without spending traits making them, just in case.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2020, 11:29:25 am »

ignoring it completely would allow you to zoom across the map.

..does that mean that Crimson Snapdragon can move more than two spaces a turn?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2020, 11:37:42 am »

It can only more two areas a turn, since it still only has 2 AP for Move and Double Move. Zooming more than two areas a turn would require having 3 or more movement-related actions with a total cost of 2 AP or less, or some kind of passive/ability that allows it in certain circumstances. Crimson Snapdragon lacks either of these.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2020, 08:56:20 pm »

Maybe try the ranged finisher on one of those greens, Irony?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2020, 09:37:29 pm »

The next turn has been posted.

Also, because I realized it could have been dumb, Enclosed only applies once in combat since otherwise it'd be twice as difficult when attacker and defender are both in the water. In the case of unequal values the higher one applies. So if you're in a lake and firing on someone else in a lake, it's -3 to the attacker but not +3 to the defender. As such Amphibious will also negate the defence bonus from any water areas that their targets are in. I think it makes more sense that way.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2020, 10:39:53 pm »

I'm basically imagining that the grapple device is operated by just a big button that says "Nab" on the cockpit.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2020, 10:32:20 pm »

Considering that Crimson Snapdragon is going to have to enter the outer depths in order to fight us, I'd like to ask that you grapple the other guy or one of the lesser mechs.

Semi-relatedly, is it possible to intentionally allow the enemy to act first?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2020, 10:33:42 pm »

Nope. All of the players go at once and then all of the enemies at once. It just simplifies things for me.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2020, 11:43:24 pm »

Grapping the CS would prevent the CS from attacking anyone but James this turn, (ie, anyone who needs to fear her attack or finisher particularly) and it'd keep her out of the OD based cover for another turn.  As is, she can fly in and attack, or fly in all the way to melee range and let loose with an attack+finisher next turn.

I mean, optimally James should just run and enter the OD terrain, or disable one of the drones, maybe the green on the enemy ship, (despite being worryingly far)

..But I think the CS could finisher someone every single turn if the CS can arrive in melee range at our ship, so stopping it here would be nicer.  Also, other than the two greens on the far pylon, there aren't any targets which are that worthwile for him.. which is a choice really made last turn.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:46:12 pm by Devastator »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2020, 10:08:46 am »

Flight doesn't work in Outer Depths, and not only do I ignore the attack malus from it, but my strongest attack can only hit her when she's there, and if you're there at the same time, it'll hit you too.

That's why I'm tell Takhir to move, so he doesn't get hit by it next turn.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2020, 10:32:02 am »

Wait, where are you aiming this? I was going to climb the western pylon.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2020, 12:27:24 pm »

Is ignores difficult terrain the same thing as flight?

..also, feel free to hit Jimmy, if you need to.  But there's probably nothing to worry about the CS, because once Jimmy starts disabling its weapons, it'll be toothless.  I'd concentrate on the other units.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6