Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Orbital Disobedience: MSF Thread / Prelim Turn 2 Strategy  (Read 5477 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Disobedience: MSF Thread / Prelim Turn 1 Strategy
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 12:29:30 pm »

Quote from: Tho the ding
Squad: Roland's Rapiers
Target: DRZ-6
Gear: CR-00 Compact Energy Rifle (1s, 1g), Small Thermal Charge (1l, 1g), Forearm Datapad (1s)
Tactics: Generic pointing and yelling

Quote from: Quotebox
(2) Do the thing: Kashyyk, Powder Miner
(1) Tho the ding: Powder Miner
A slight gear revision m pointed out to me might be a good idea but predictably did not do himself

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 12:31:23 pm »

(1) Do the thing: Kashyyk
(2) Tho the ding: Powder Miner, Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2020, 11:17:49 am »

Hey now, I got feedback that it wasn't really necessary.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2020, 01:06:08 pm »

(1) Do the thing: Kashyyk
(3) Tho the ding: Powder Miner, Madman, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orbital Disobedience: MSF Thread / Prelim Turn 2 Design
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2020, 04:29:59 pm »

Chapter I: Deus Ex Machina

Roland and his Rapiers were strapped into their shuttle as it shook violently entering the atmosphere above DRZ-6, a region that covered a significant portion of South Africa. CentCom had received an emergency signal on a secure channel that gave them a good bit to worry about, enough so that they'd sanctioned the deployment of a full assault team planetside. A group of locals were requesting aid and offering their allegiance in return for purging the Joburg Megaslum of the Lost Hope, a gang with Syndicate affiliation. Their operations spread far and wide across the DRZ thanks to their extensive use of the ARNet, but luckily the gang's leadership was centralized in a single, quite publicly advertised location: the Last Chance Club, a mix of dance club and Alternate Reality hub. The shuttle landed just outside the DRZ and two vans carried Roland's Rapiers into the city led by a car driven by the local contact and member of the MSF-aligned "Verenigde Suid-Afrikaanse Koalisie", or United South African Coalition. V-Sak had a significant presence in the region at one point in time, but their standing had been steadily eroded as the Lost Hope, who was actually a splinter faction of V-Sak who turned away after they received some MSF support, repeatedly and consistently undermined their efforts while aiding and supporting criminal activity across DRZ-6 and it's local ARNet.

Night had fallen well before the Rapiers got close to the outer limits of Joburg so the skyline in the approaching distance was lit up with the neon glow of countless lights. Roland took in the view before going over the plan once more with his unit.

"Right, remember, this is a quick op. We're going in, cutting off the head of the snake, and letting the locals mop up. Target is one 'Luan Mandla', pictured here," Roland replaced his camera feed with an image of the leader of the Lost Hope for a moment before switching to another photo, this time of the exterior of the Last Chance Club. It was awash in the same neon glow that shined into the night sky. No windows, one front door, and one back door seen in the next image. The club was squat and nestled between much taller buildings.

"Red Team will be in charge of cordoning off the area with the aid of V-Sak. Blue Team, led by me, will enter through the front door, and Gold will watch the rear. Gold will be on standby should Blue Team require assistance. Interior is unknown, but expect a number of hostiles. Anyone working for the club with a weapon visible is considered an enemy combatant, and the only RoE we have tonight is to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. We don't have the luxury of time, so we'll need to go in hot into a crowded club. I don't like it much, but we need to make sure this job gets done. Confirmation phrase for capture of the HVT [high-value target] is 'Lion is in the den.' Once we hear that all squads are to secure our vehicles, load up, and get the fuck out. We've been assured that V-Sak will be able to take over from there. Copy?"

Affirmations came through from the other two squad leads.

"Club isn't too far from the Joburg outer limits, so get ready," Roland's driver instructed.

Joburg's slums and projects built up rapidly as the small convoy entered the city. The street, once a wide dirt road, was now a narrow stone alley they had to cautiously navigate as people crossed the road without looking, food carts set up in ways that narrowed the road further, and, further ahead, a checkpoint.

"That wasn't there earlier," the van's driver commented. The lead car slowed as it approached, and seemed to try to turn down another road but couldn't. When Roland's van passed by he could see why: a box truck had flipped over and blocked the road. Two more streets bore similar obstructions, and Roland noted that the once dense crowd was now practically empty. The V-Sak radio in roland's van crackled to life.

"I don't like the looks of this. I'll be able to bluff my way past but vans full of gun-toti-"

There was a sound not unlike a valve being opened up to release air from a tank accompanied by a ball of light streaking from the checkpoint, and concluded with a blast that decimated the lead car as it tried to swerve out of the way in vain, flipping the burning wreckage onto it's side. Windows above the two vans lit up as gunfire poured from them.

"RUSH THE BLOCKADE GOGOGO!" Roland shouted to the driver then spoke into his Datapad, "Van 2 stick close! Weapons hot!"

The doors at the back of both vans were thrown open and the light emitted from the bursts of energy fire added to the eerie lights and shadows being cast by the city itself. Both Roland and the driver hunkered down as gunfire shattered their windshield. Roland fired his energy rifle blindly forward over the dashboard while the driver unloaded a six-shot revolver. No wonder they needed help. Gunfire then raked the roof of the van.

"Blue-3 is down!" shouted one of the Rapiers in the back as the van approached the blockade, smoke pouring from the bullet-riddled hood.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

The blockade was made up mostly of wooden crates and a few barricades. It was clearly done in haste, and the van had an easy enough time smashing through. A shotgun slug did punch through the side of the van as it passed.

"Gold-4 is hit! They got his fucking arm!"

With the blockade behind the first van, and the second a moment later, the laser fire from the rear of the vehicle had easy access to the now undefended Lost Hopers. Roland could hear one of his men consoling the wounded trooper as he fired, "Look man, we'll get you out of here and you're going to get a sick-ass robot arm."

As the gunfire faded behind them Van 2 reported in, "This is Van 2, we've got three wounded, one KIA, all Red Team. Both Golds in here are uninjured."

The vans narrowly avoided fire from the blockade until they were able to finally turn off the road.

"New plan," Roland said through the datapad, "One squad, we rush through the back, give anyone still partying a chance to get the fuck out. They know we're coming, so if they haven't cleared the place out then it's on them. Copy?"

Everyone left alive sounded off.

"Good, let's get there yesterday."

Roland and his driver both leaned out of their windows to avoid the fumes billowing backward from the engine as best they could. The roads had begun to fill with people again, but they were keen on giving the busted-up vans a wide berth. Both vans unloaded their men a mere couple blocks from the Last Chance and, with Roland at the front, moved through a variety of alleyways on their approach. Two Lost Hopers were in the middle of a drug deal when the Rapiers came across them. They didn't have much of an opportunity to cry out or warn the club exactly how close the Rapiers had come, instead dropping to the floor as a number of laser burst burned through their bodies. The exterior of the club was, surprisingly, otherwise unguarded. There were cameras, but the Rapiers were quick to slag all of them with a few well placed lasers.

The six Rapiers left stacked up behind Roland as he planted the thermal charge on the back door. He triggered it and there was a hiss and some sparks as the door began to glow red, yellow, then white around the charge before a small burst shook the door and kicked it back outward. Roland was first to enter the Club.

An Excuse For Music, Perhaps?

He found himself at the t-intersection of a pair of hallways with a set of steps that wrapped around upward to his left and downward to his right. His squad was quick to file in behind him and they were all met by someone firing a shotgun haphazardly from the direction of the dance floor. The team took cover and returned fire.

"THIS IS ROLAND EIKENBOOM OF THE MSF! SURRENDER YOURSELF AND DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"

The gunfire, of course, continued.

"Ajax, Cowboy! Hold here and watch the stairs! Everyone else, suppressing fire on my mark. Three...two...one...MARK!"

Four energy rifles crackled to life as Roland crouched down and ran down the hall toward the dance floor and into a bathroom at the halfway mark. There was still someone passed out resting against a bile-filled toilet. Roland then began to fire toward the direction of the Lost Hoper, "Let's go! Move it on up!"

The rest of his squad, minus those watching the stairs, continued to fire as they moved down the hall in two staggered columns along each wall. More gunfire flew down the hallway, no doubt from reinforcements, and the squad piled into Roland's bathroom and the one opposite of him. Someone, he noticed, had kicked on the dance floor's fog machine, which made the wildly flashing beams of sweeping neon lights glow even eerier, and that was joined by the Holodancers projected onto the club's floor. The two Rapiers watching the stairs provided some supporting fire as the fighting seemed to be concentrated on the dance floor, keeping the two bathrooms from being wholly suppressed and pinned down.

"Right!" Roland yelled out to his squad, "We clear this club to the front door! Let's do this! Hi hoooooo silver!"

Roland ran out of the bathroom firing and his squad followed suit the incoming fire struck one of his men but the Rapiers pressed forward. Their lasers only added to the glow in the artificial fog, and caused an odd distortion when they passed through a Holodancer. They also left smouldering holes in the Hopers they struck, and by the time Roland was out on the dance floor they weren't receiving any fire.

"Find the bodies and secure their weapons!" Roland ordered, and his squad acted in haste.

There were a good half-dozen Holodancers huddled together scared behind the bar. These "real" holodancers were the avatars of a number of people in ARPods, standing chambers practically flush with the wall that people could use to celebrate without the need for physical exertion. Odds were a club like this used illegal modifications that could dose their inhabitants with whatever they wished, too. Humanity at it's finest.

"NOISE FROM THE BASEMENT!" one of the Rapiers in the back called out through his Datapad over the music.

"Rembrandt, Swan, keep an eye out, get those civilians out of here," Roland ordered as he gestured to the ARPods along the walls.

The rest of the squad regrouped at the steps and proceeded down in a tactical column. They turned left at the landing and were met not with more steps, but an open hatch and ladder.

"Right," Roland said, "Watch my back."

There was a faint light blue glow overwhelmed largely by darkness and no sound beyond Roland's boots hitting metal rungs. It wasn't more than a few meters down, and once on the ground Roland could see the light was coming from cracks in yet another door. As Roland and his squad, now down there with him, approached the door they could hear some faint talking.

"Come in," came a voice from inside. Roland cautiously opened the door.

The room was a mess of servers, computer, wires, save for the center of the room, where a single large black cylinder stood independently, connected to everything else via cables that sprouted out of the top and across the ceiling. In front of it stood none other than Luan, and next to him was a man sitting limply in a chair with a number of ports jammed into the back of his skull. Blood was still flowing from his eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.

"I surrender," Luan Mandla spoke clearly and plainly, "I can't fight any of you off, and this asshole wouldn't listen, so I'm running at reduced capacity anyway."

Roland tilted his head, gun raised and pointed at Luan.

"Explain."

"Well, I'm not here," Luan gestured to himself, "I'm here," and then the tower in the middle of the room.

"A fucking VI?" one of the Rapiers, Cowboy, spoke up.

"Now that's offensive," Luan said, "I'm much more complex than a Virtual Intelligence. And I tried to tell Ekers that before he tried to skulljack. Grafting me onto himself was never going to work. And, well, he tried anyway, to both of our detriment."

Roland stepped forward, gun still raised but now at the black terminal, "And you're going to just surrender to us?"

"Yes. It's my best chance for a continued existence. I imagine any resistance would be dealt with swiftly?"

Roland nodded.

"Well then, there's a memory core in my back that is already prepped for removal. Just need someone with proper hands to finish the job."

"And what?" Cowboy spoke up again, "Put a VI, AI, whatever, on trial?"

"That is optimal for me, yes. A long shot, but it's better than my chances here in a room full of armed individuals with no means of defending myself."

"Roland, sir, that's-" Cowboy again spoke.

"Enough, Cowboy," Roland interrupted, "Grab the core and let's get the fuck out. Lion's in the den. It'll be interesting to see if CentCom holds a trial for an AI."

----------------

After the decapitation of Lost Hope leadership and an increase in MSF support, V-Sak proved willing and able to bring law and order to DRZ-6. With the ability to project control across the area, a number of mining operations now divert resources to the MSF and Malach Point, giving the MSF access to another 2 Solid, with 1 Gas as a byproduct of mineral extraction.

While the MSF made progress in reducing the criminal element in DRZ-6 to a minimum, it appears the Syndicate has begun to project it's own force elsewhere on the planet. A city of offshore platforms in the North Sea near the East Anglian Coast has fallen to them after the local MSF-affiliated forces, the Roughs Defense Group, were soundly eliminated. The region, DRZ-2, offers them 2 Solid and 1 Gas.

Tensions are rising between the Malachians and Earthbound. They're showing a clear disregard for law and order and so we must redouble our efforts to secure the safety of the citizens of the planet. We will be designing two pieces of Overt Equipment this turn. Remember, while it will not be restricted to Overt use only, the designation identifies what gets hit with penalties first. For an easy example, a gun designed for overt use could see it be very loud on a less than desired roll, whereas if it was Covert it could keep it's noise down but lose stopping power instead.

You can also choose an official name for DRZ-6!

Also something to note, now that you have a taste of the sectors you'll be taking, while not all territories produce the same stuff (this is to create a level of possible scarcity without outright having one side have a resource snowball) because there's no inherent reason to attack DRZ zones other than saying "fuck you" to the other guys, which is a good reason, all territories will have at least 1 Solid since I'm not completely braindead yet and know that's going to be the resource in highest demand. Unless people try to subvert my expectations, which you're more than able to try. I'd be curious to see it.

Spoiler: The Deregulated Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Malach Point (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources & Loadouts (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Disobedience: MSF Thread / Prelim Turn 2 Design
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2020, 04:41:55 pm »

Okay. Let's get this ball rolling.

Quote from: Fluid Armour Suit "Valkyrie"
Proof against the majority of ballistic smallarms the surface dwellers insist on using, the Valkyrie is our new standard issue protection for ground units.

The armour is made of polymer plates sandwiching kevlar that has been soaked in a Shear Thickening Fluid. This keeps the armour flexible when worn, but will instantly stiffen on impact from a projectile, ensuring a maximum of mobility and survivability without having to sacrifice one for the other.

The end result is a sleek and form fitting suit, replete with pockets, pouches, helmet and ballistic visor, along with convenient slots to place an ID patch and datapad (sold separately).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 03:01:49 am by Kashyyk »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2020, 04:25:07 pm »

What's this? A double post with more suggestions? Well, y'all ain't saying anything, so I guess I'm running this show now.

Quote from: Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment 'Duck Fup'
Designed to fit on one of the two rail mounts of the CR-00 Compact Energy Rifle, the 'Duck Fup' is little more than a rugged tube for launching grenades, and a second sight for rough aiming.

The much more exciting part is the associated munitions:
- Blind: Releases a quick low intensity burst of light and a few beeps to draw the eye, followed a split second later by a retina searing flash that will leave the target visually impaired for at least a few minutes. Reusable after being plugged into a Generator
- Smoke: Without fills an area with particles that are opaque in the visual range but transparent to the frequency used by our lasers.  Reusable after refilling the canister
- Fragmentation: Your standard anti-personnel round, designed to spray a lethal wave of shrapnel. Probably not reusable

Command reminds everyone that spoonerising the name of this weapon, intentionally or otherwise, is liable for reprimand.

Quote from: Disposable Assault Drone 'Hawk'
Based on one of the many civilian quadcopters available on Malach Point, the 'Hawk' is designed with low cost in mind. Equipped with a miniaturised energy weapon similar in function to the CR-00, and a high definition camera that can loop into the same comms band as our Datapads, an operative can remotely pilot a drone to gain tactical awareness or just lay down fire from an unexpected angle. If the Hawk gets shot out of the sky, then no matter, because these things can be issued in bulk.

Quote from: CR-10 Squad Support Weapon
Using the same principles as the CR-00, the CR-10 can produce a laser-pulse that will readily neutralise targets and penetrate light cover. More importantly however, is that it can sustain ten pulses per second for a minute before needing a fresh battery. It is naturally a bulkier weapon, with a detachable tripod and reflex sight.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 03:00:26 am by Kashyyk »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2020, 03:04:25 am »

Quote from: Kashbox
(1) Fluid Armour Suit "Valkyrie" : Kashyyk
(1) Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup" : Kashyyk

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2020, 01:21:52 am »

Quote from: BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor
The Rho Aias is a set of body armor plate inserts that is slightly light, slightly thin - and very tough. The reason for this is that the Rho Aias is based primarily around graphene - a literally molecule-thin carbon-structure known for its absurd toughness, especially for its (as it is, again, molecule-thin) volume and weight. Indeed, if the Rho Aias consisted solely of that one graphene layer, it could potentially aid a user in surviving a single bullet, though graphene does crack after being shot. Instead, the Rho Aias deals with that cracking by sandwiching together several layers of thin ceramic and graphene into what ends up being a relatively normally-sized piece of body armor - albeit one capable of taking a truly shocking amount of punishment.

To compensate for some of the cost, coverage on the armor is not total, mostly excluding areas like the rear of the legs and the insides of the arms that are not exceptionally likely to be shot, but most of the body should be extremely well-protected without a major sacrifice of mobility.

Quote from: KashPox
(2) Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup" : Kashyyk, Powder Miner
(1) BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor: Powder Miner

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2020, 02:17:43 am »

Claw Traversal Kit

Combat is all about tactics, and tactics is all about positioning. As such, the Claw Traversal Kit takes the concepts from our space-side EVA gear and applies it to tactical mobility. The system has boots with magnet and spike options, and a slim jet booster for bounding movements in more open spaces or for vertical shortcuts. Urban chases have never been easier!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2020, 09:46:16 pm »

(3) Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup" : Kashyyk, Powder Miner, Madman
(2) BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor: Powder Miner, Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2020, 08:30:21 pm »

(4) Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup" : Kashyyk, Powder Miner, Madman, Twinwolf
(3) BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor: Powder Miner, Madman, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2020, 08:56:09 pm »

(5) Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup" : Kashyyk, Powder Miner, Madman, Twinwolf
(4) BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor: Powder Miner, Madman, Twinwolf, Doomblade

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orbital Disobedience: MSF Thread / Prelim Turn 2 Revision
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2020, 11:52:45 pm »

Prelim 2: Overt Design Phase

Design: Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup"
Difficulty: Normal
Result: 6+5=11, Masterwork (This was thanks to the Mercy Rule I have for prelim turns)

The Duck Fup is a tube that can be used to fire 40mm grenades using Flash, Smoke, or Fragmentation rounds. The grenades can be set to detonate on impact or a timer by twisting the bottom of the round, with the settings clearly marked with a tiny graphic of either a clock face or a small explosion. The Timer can be set at any whole measurement of seconds between 5 and 15, and these too are clearly notched and identified. The tube is fired by depressing a lever that runs along the underside of it, and a small pistol grip allows easy use when not attached to a rail.

But the much more exciting part is the sight. The Duck Fup utilizes a secure link to the ARNet in the use of it's Virtual Sight. The V.Sight tracks and predicts the movement of objects within it's view, taking into account it's own motion, and will provide an overlay displaying when and where the grenade will impact if fired at that moment. The V.Sight is also able to detect the setting the grenade is set to, and will adjust information output accordingly.

The Modular Grenade Launcher Attachment "Duck Fup" costs 1 Solid as well as 1 Gas due to the chemicals used in the Flash and Smoke grenades.

Design: BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor
Difficulty: Hard
Result: (5+5)-1=9, Above Average

BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor is a product supplied to the Malach Security Forces through a contract with UpArmor Industries, a company with ties to planets, colonies, outposts, and stations across the system. They were more than willing to provide Malach Point with access to one of their more reliable products at a low cost.

The body armor starts off as a wear-resistant fabric, either pants or a shirt. The fabric is reinforced with a lightweight metal mesh that remains flexible while providing hardpoints to attach the armor to. The armor itself is a composite made of layers of ceramic sandwiching very thin layers of graphene. These plates prove to be extremely durable, capable of taking a large amount of energy weapons fire while also able to stand up to most small arms for a significant time before the armor becomes thoroughly compromised.

Rho Aias consists of an armor vest, shoulder pads, knee guards, and bracers for the forearms. This keeps the armor lightweight, but it also means the wearer's sides and back, especially, are vulnerable. The vest does protect the back of the torso, but it's a lot thinner than the front portion.

BA-01 "Rho Aias" Body Armor costs 2 Solid to reproduce from the UpArmor schematics.

----------------

Now it's time for your Two Revisions! This phase you will be focusing on Overt equipment again, but feel free to utilize any of the equipment you have - not just what you made this turn! You can also choose to revise your squads and their traits as well, though remember that they will need to qualify in some way as Overt proposals. Remember to continue discussing the name for your newly-acquired DRZ too.

Spoiler: The Deregulated Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Malach Point (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources & Loadouts (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Disobedience: MSF Thread / Prelim Turn 2 Revision
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2020, 03:33:41 am »

VR-01 Variable Energy Rifle
The VR is a variant of the CR-00 that has a small dial on the side. This dial sets the VR's firepower, and inversely its fire rate. At the highest setting it can function as a sniper or impromptu anti-material rifle, but takes a very long time to recharge between shots, and at the lowest it has pistol-grade firepower, but can dump out an ungodly amount of shots. This is accomplished through a minor modification to the capacitor bank's control chip, allowing it to alter how much of the capacitor bank is activated per shot.

Hyper Thermal Charge
The Small Thermal Charge is certainly useful, but it's limited capacity to remove obstacles is a big stumbling block, so we've made a new charge that can burn through anything short of a reinforced bulkhead. Naturally, the easiest way to do this is to just make it bigger, and while that is trivially simple, it also costs an ungodly amount of resources and would be far to large to reasonably carry. Next, we looked at using a more powerful incendiary, but getting one powerful enough to meet our requirements in the same package size was extraordinarily difficult.
Eventually, we settled on the HTC, a medium sized charge with two modes; the first is the same as the small charge. The second, however, is a "radial" mode that covers the general area in a spray of incendiary, allowing the HTC to be used as an improvised grenade, should the need arise. (On the station, care must be taken to avoid a "Cuban Pete" scenario."

Rho Aias aftermarket Mods
The basic Rho Aias is a very good set of kit, but we'd be foolish not to milk aftermarket modding. The simplest mod is an integrated datapad with innate biometric capabilities which, due to it's integrated nature, is notably cheaper than getting a forearm datapad and biometric datastick. Next up we've nabbed some cheap security grade hudglasses which we've worked a modified V. sight into, allowing them to assist aiming with any calibrated weapon. Finally, We've got some EX-400 Ultralight exoskeletons. These exoskeletons, in line with the TALOS design of old, are built to fit under standard BDUs and as such, don't exactly provide the user with super strength, but they do notably increase endurance and have a stabilizing effect on aim, allowing reasonable accuracy even at a decent clip, and with a bit of hacking things together, we can get it to interface with the V. Sight, increasing target tracking speed.

Duck Fup Additional Ammo Acquirement
The Duck Fup is a brilliant little system, but it's lacking some ammo types that standard on the market, so we've picked up some of them for our boys in blue.
- Concussion: the simple fact is, you don't wanna use frag rounds in close-quarters, unless you want to catch your own shrapnel, so we've grabbed these relatively low power HE rounds. They can reliably kill targets within 4 meters while merely incapacitating those within 7.
- AP-Flechette: Sometimes even Concussion grenades are too dangerous, or maybe you just really wanna fuckup someone's day the way only 115 Flechettes can. Based on an old classic, these babies are made from modern alloys and can semireliably penetrate modern body armor even, though at only two inches long they bounce off the real heavy stuff.
- Flare: this is less a new design and more a modification to our flash rounds. It switches modes similarly to the frag rounds and has modes for solid light or flashing for signalling.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:38:11 am by m1895 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6