Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Architect of scales (Now with a Map!)  (Read 3428 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Architect of scales
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 10:38:31 pm »

How does population grow, and do we have any option to prevent it? (If we know that tearing down a shelter two turns from now is part of our master renovation plan, for instance.)

Population will grow by events, and additionally by time. Presently you do not have any way to control population growth, but options may present themselves in the future, with varying peripheral effects.

If Constructing a building that may be built in either subterranean or surface slots, please specify which you want to build it in. If you do not, your kobolds may take matters into their own hands.

Additionally:
Each population generates 5 labor points per turn. Unspent Labor will be lost at the end of the turn.
Unfinished buildings retain accumulated labor at the end of turn.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2020, 11:23:51 pm »

If I'm reading it correctly, we do not actually have a food storage capacity right now, just some starter supplies?

5 labor points toward Food Storage in Subterranean Slot 2
My plan is to use our magic starting food to work on this for a couple turns, then we can begin truly accumulating.

The Foragers, while efficient at their purpose, may be overkill at this stage, and occupy our entire workforce until new 'bolds appear.
Whereas if new 'bolds do appear next turn, we can easily build a produce building at that time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2020, 11:27:20 pm »

If I'm reading it correctly, we do not actually have a food storage capacity right now, just some starter supplies?

5 labor points toward Food Storage in Subterranean Slot 2
My plan is to use our magic starting food to work on this for a couple turns, then we can begin truly accumulating.

The Foragers, while efficient at their purpose, may be overkill at this stage, and occupy our entire workforce until new 'bolds appear.
Whereas if new 'bolds do appear next turn, we can easily build a produce building at that time.
+1

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 12:10:59 am »

I agree on the need for Food Storage, although I'd want to build it in Surface Slot 4, as the majority of the housing buildings require a Subterranean slot, whereas everything else can be built anywhere.

Do we know yet how to expand our available slots?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 02:55:39 am »

I agree on the need for Food Storage, although I'd want to build it in Surface Slot 4, as the majority of the housing buildings require a Subterranean slot, whereas everything else can be built anywhere.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 03:58:53 am »

This is correct. Don't worry about your starter supplies going bad without storage though. These are trail rations, made to stay good over long periods of time. :)

No, but you can safely assume they will expand eventually.

Update tomorrow hopefully. (roughly 12 hours) If the tie is not broken by then, I will flip a coin.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 08:13:06 am »

+1
+1

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2020, 08:24:09 am »

+1
+1
+1

We have four slots. Housing, foragers, and miners are essential, leaving only one discretionary slot. I'm happy using that for food storage, which offsets game ending disasters and lets us use food for events. I would like to reserve the next surface slot we gain for defenses.

Questions:
Can we replace housing without leaving everybody homeless for the duration?
If not, will a same-turn rebuild leave our bolds satisfied?
Can we toggle buildings like the forager's camps to use the labor elsewhere?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2020, 08:08:26 am »

Questions:
Can we replace housing without leaving everybody homeless for the duration?
If not, will a same-turn rebuild leave our bolds satisfied?
Can we toggle buildings like the forager's camps to use the labor elsewhere?

Deconstruction is instant.
As long as everyone has someplace to stay at the end of the turn, you will not incur penalties.
Construction can finish in the same turn it is started provided you have enough labor.
Yes, buildings can be toggled.

Construction:
You begin construction of a Food storage in Surface slot 4. The kobolds are working diligently.

Events:

A runner has been dispatched, bringing word of your successful journey back to the civilizations in the east. This is expected to attract more migrants soon, though their number should be few and desperate until such time as you have proof of wealth and opportunity here.

You have sent the runner to:

A. The Human kingdom, to bring your people out of the slums and sewers there.
B. The Dwarven enclaves, to entice and give hope to their slaves that mine the deapths.
C. The Elven Refuge camps, where your people starve and struggle.

Within the camp an opportunity has arisen. A large outcropping of rock above the center of camp has promise of gemstones, according to your iron-worker. He asks that you loan him a number of kobolds for the next turn, and with their help he believes he could crack it open, providing an amount of raw wealth and stone building materials.
Alternatively, it serves as a high position overlooking the camp, and a few of the younger lads are requesting permission to fortify it as a natural watchtower. This would provide a boost to defense.

A. Provide the Iron-worker with help next turn, generating an amount of RW and BM. -5 Labor, + ?? RW, + ?? BM
B. Allow the lads a reprieve from other duties to fortify the spot as a watch tower, providing a boost to defense. -5 Labor, + ?? Defense
C. Dismiss the issue for now, citing that the camp has other priorities. (there is a chance that this event will not return, or resolve independently differently if not explicitly dealt with.)

The Event phase is the final part of the turn. Stat/resource changes will be calculated and updated on the next post.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2020, 08:27:40 am »

A Lets get our people first, they also might be more willing to work with us since they know us.
A Money now seems like a good way to bring in the kobolds.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 08:49:33 am »

Where it sounds as though the 'bolds living in human and elven lands are scavengers at the fringes, the kobolds under the dwarves are actually enslaved. If we free (some of) them, it not only bolsters our economy but strikes at a racial enemy's at the same time.

B Runner to dwarven enclaves

I choose the watchtower for the mental picture and for the speed – it saves a step in making some other fortification out of the gathered resources – though I would not fault anyone who votes for mining.

B Watchtower

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 10:05:57 am »

We can create a mining option later, so BM can be collected that way, and potentially things to sell. A good vantage point however is priceless for defense, as it lets us prepare for any incoming attack.
Said mines would also benefit from those with experience doing so.

BB

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2020, 10:08:20 am »

A as it would be harder to get the slaves out this early on.

B showing we can defend our people will be an attractive prospect
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2020, 10:19:38 am »

It sounds like they elven refugees are having a harder time than the ones from the human lands. Freeing slaves would be nice, but it sounds like that antagonizes the dwarves. We should focus more on turtling if we free the slaves. There's a disynergy with BA drawing aggro, giving us wealth to steal, and leaving us defenceless.

The opportunity's a hard choice. We need that defense, but the turn almost comes out and says that the wealth will give more migrants. Likely just for having it, in addition to being able to use it in an event.
Turn 2: Build this
Turn 3: Finish the storage
Turn 4: Build a food collector
Taking this opportunity leaves us with only 1 spare food, which probably isn't enough to buy anything in an event. If we get an event labor cost for something else, we'll be dangerously close to losing.
We can build the foraging station instead of storage next turn, since there is no end difference in the order we build them. I'm going for it.

CB
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 10:24:47 am by Nirur Torir »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2020, 11:44:48 am »

CA - We have no other option for getting Raw Wealth atm, and a quick surge of BM means we don't need to acquire more to build the advanced buildings (like the Human/Dwarven style Shelters)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:50:31 am by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6