Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Dead Void SG A Renegade Fugitives In The Stars.  (Read 1897 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Dead Void SG A Renegade Fugitives In The Stars.
« on: August 17, 2020, 12:19:28 am »

-----------------The dead void-----------------[/b][/size]
Renegade fugitives in the stars[/center]

You wake with your head pounding and vision blurry, the after effects of the liquid cosh.
Head spinning you look at the row of people, across from you, each of them hooded and bound in straight jacket to the seats.
You try to move your arms and a chain rattles.

At last in dawns on you, your a prisoner awaiting transport to somewhere, that's why your bound to the chair, by steel hand cuffs.

The guards are a pair of the proverbial shaven headed jackboot wearing an frankly ugly brutes.

“Hold it, you’ve got one.” you hear as another man half shove a young woman in to the seat across from you down into the seat.
“No, she not on the manifest, you know the rules.” your guard starts to complain.
“Shove it, an stick you’re manifest up your arse, she overdue a mind-wipe this one.” he slaps her face.
“bb-But she’s a psi drone, should be on ice for a long jump like this.”
“Look sunshine, this ship's going to the reprocessing plant an so’s she.
 Asteria here's got a brain lock, see?” he pinches her pale cheek an shakes her.
“You take her or you can take it up with the boss.”

She sits there across from you, her face is blank, likes a dolls with the glassy blue eyes.
The left side of her head is shaved and home to a braided steel cable that trails down to steel collar that rings her neck with green leds.

Without a clock or anything to see your not sure how much time passes but one by one you see the lights go dim on Asteria’s collar and then she slowly smiles at you.

Her eyes flash with purple light and you feel a fist shove knowledge in to your mind.
It hurts deep down in side to feel it enter your mind.
"get ready you left"
"punch him an enter 0451"

You hear a click clack as the chains unlock.
Then all hell breaks loose, the lights go out as everyone moves at once, the guard are tackled by three men each.
It’s almost like your on autopilot as you hammer the numbers in to the door keypad.

Then there's a bang, Asteria stares at you while blood gushes out from her neck.
...Tell her i'm sorry..funny dieing doesn't hurt like i thought...

Her eyes roll back, her body spasms as purple lighting tears it way out, ripping flesh apart.
It's shocking to see a body ripped apart from the in side, flesh tearing like tissue paper, but your mind feels lighter as you make your way to:

A: Armory (mini arms race here, describe your sci fi weapon in the post)
B: Escape Shuttles, there's a planet down there.
C: Control bridge, i'm sure it's not that hard to fly this thing.

Ok sheets time.
Spoiler: blank form (click to show/hide)

Backgrounds:

1: Gene Warrior, you where built as soldier in the mold of macho man’s macho man (or woman), your blessed with 38 inch biceps, a titanium jaw, abs like steel an the ability to drink whiskey like water, and to all but walk off gunshot wounds.

2: Mondasian cyber cultist, the flesh is weak, steel is stronger.
A Prosthophile to the core, you mind is ready but body still awaits the range of bionic parts to transform you.

3: Bio adapter, the body changes to the mind.
Originally built to help colonist survive is strange new environments, you can change your physiology in strange and interesting ways given adequate biomass.

Notes, we’re running with “cinematic” reality here, The spaceships are there to look cool and make impressive whooshing noises in deep space.
People will carry hand weapons like “plasma whip” or antimatter-firing crossbows, and never mind how they work.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Void SG A Renegade Fugitives In The Stars.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 12:25:38 am »

Name: Todd Whiplash, Space Attorney
Sex: Definitely an 'it'. The name is not indicative. Interchangeable aftermarket reproductive parts are available at participating retail outlets.
Appearance: SPACE COWBOY. SPACE COWBOY LAWYER.
Background ability: 3, bio-adapter.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 07:32:27 am »

Sex: Definitely an 'it'. The name is not indicative. Interchangeable aftermarket reproductive parts are available at participating retail outlets.
+1

Also to the pod! B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 02:06:19 pm »

B
How big did you want the font to be?
-----------------The dead void-----------------
Renegade fugitives in the stars
Quote this and substitute current title with it, editing desired size as necessary

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 09:50:06 pm »

+1

Also to the pod! B

---------------------------

Your leg are a heavy and oddly rubber like as you race towards the escape pods.
The ships layout is unknown to you so you follow the flashing green lights as the escape seinans blare in the back ground.

Reaching the pod rack you see a group of guards standing there, following orders to fill out each pod to it limit.
You have no such discipline and throw your self in the nearest pod.
Smashing the eject button you leave the ship alone, feeling the hiss of the ejectors and the genital push of the rockets as your set out in the the void.

As you spin out in to the void you activate the scanners an hope.

You take the time to take stock of your situation, you have:
Air for 96 hours
Food for weeks and water possibly for months.
But temperature that's the problem, you have a listed 72 hour of habitual temperature.

Ignoring that you take an inventory of your possessions.

Prison overalls.
Laser pistol
Emergency space suit
Knife, folding with saw, can opener, cork screw, an the thing for getting stones from horses feet.
3 sq meters of shelter cape.A compass (useless now)
A wire saw
A packet of expired condoms (usesless)
A fishing line (really what are you going to fish out in space?)

Then the Pod scanners  bleep into life, theirs a strong signal coming from an asteroid field in the distance, some where out beyond the scanners range.
A) Asteroid field
B) A floating scrapyard of broken spaceships
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 10:12:51 pm »

A
Maybe the scanner found a beacon or something that might lead us to a planet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 08:58:45 am »

B
Old spaceships could be useful and would attract people for the parts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 07:18:31 pm »

Coin toss tie beaker, Tails so B.

You plot the course on the pods limited nav computer, it's a simple point an squirt system.
The floating scrapyard is a mess, a pile of broken remaines but theres a lot of ships here.
Mostly there damaged, hulls ripped open or peppered with holes, burns an melted areas, a few of the ship's even have tooth marks

It takes you a hour to short them out the ship down to ones small enongth for you to fly and able to.

Theres are three promising ships on

1: The GSS Hornet , a former Uhoolsarl class light armoured cruiser, its cleanly been disarmed with most of it's heavy weapon mounts removed, but it still posses thick titanium armour plates and a powerfull quad phase shields system.

2: The Iron Yak, it's a large merchant cruiser that has been crudely fitted with a weapon battery salvaged from an old asteroid battery from the Nuthroz war.
While it has the large weapons to threaten even a proper warship, it doesn't have the armour to take there fire.

3:The Demon of Madness, a striped down star yachtm Fitted with a rare Auk'hev Star crush engine it should be the fastest thing in the sector.

[spoiler:Todd Whiplash, Space Attorney]
Name:Todd Whiplash, Space Attorney
Sex:It
Appearance:SPACE COWBOY. SPACE COWBOY LAWYER.
Background: 3, bio-adapter
Equipment: Laser pistol
  [/spoiler]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 12:29:47 pm »

3:The Demon of Madness We've got a need for speed!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 12:38:18 pm »

Demon of Madness

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 06:05:38 pm »

The Demon of Madness is a long slender ship from its spear like bridge to the wing like projections that curve forwards, a pair from the side engine nacelles and a second pair above.
At the rear of the ship is where the flowing curves and swooping likes give way to square an boxy plate and heavy duty power cables.

The climb aboard and make your way thru ice dusted corridors heading to the bridge.

It's all a bit of a mess, the main computer has been crudely removed, the work stations hacked open.
But the backup computer system looks to be salvageable, it's screen flashes in to live with a tune of bleep as it spits out few error codes, *Bleep* Error 1 Nav Data not found.
Error 2 Drive memory unit B not found.

You open up the backup computer's main hardware unit to take a look, you find that some one has tried to burn it, and quite successfully too, all the cards are melted and there a bullet in the first Drive memory and the log tape is missing.

Still there a back up processors some where and after switching the cable jumpers to ignore the old master memory drive an pushing the rewrite on the new drive you try again.

There less beeps this time and the error code merely asked if you want to rebuild the nave data.
You push the enter key an the ships scanners begin, a little % bar starts on the screen.

While the computer is fixing it self you look around the rest of the ship.
Theres a small bunk room behind the bridge with a single Pilot berth, down the hallway is set of six cabins, a kitchen an a mess room.
At the end of hallway is the entrance to the cargo hold,(small an empty) and access to wings crawl space.

Back at the computer you get a long read out, its laundry list items, jammed wing radiators an a dozen other minor faults  but the ships in now ready to fly.

There not much on the scanners but you spot a small trading station, idea for your needs.

You spend most of the next 24 hours split between starting The Demon of Madness life support systems and collecting some valuable bits of scrap from the other ships.

Then you set off, the black an sliver wing radiators flare out like feathers as you leave the scrap yard behind you.

As you fly it dawns on you that your going to need some kind of a crew what ever it is you do next.
You make a mental note to look for an officer to be your:

A) Master at arms.
B) Engineer.
C) Pilot an Navigator.

Also you realize that you might just have some shopping money left..

Fleet
Spoiler: The Demon of Madness (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 06:21:00 pm »

C

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 07:39:06 pm »

C
Is our beacon still giving a signal?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 09:02:01 pm »

C
Is our beacon still giving a signal?
Theres a emergency beacon in the escape pod and there loads of half broken radios, radar reflectors and things in the scrap yard.
But there no beacon on your ship that you know of.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 08:01:15 am »

C
Pages: [1] 2