Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25654 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2020, 05:04:28 am »

D: Explain to the Scarves the importance of discretion in all cases where expected information, such as the location of a hideout, is found to have changed. We have to assume that it's possible that anything might have happened to this Greenscarf lodge; it could even have been corrupted by the Cyanemy! We should investigate, but carefully, to make sure nobody ends up getting captured and sacrificed or anything. That said, if everything does turn out to be on the up-and-up as hoped, Goldteef may have his small victory.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2020, 05:25:05 am »

D: Explain to the Scarves the importance of discretion in all cases where expected information, such as the location of a hideout, is found to have changed. We have to assume that it's possible that anything might have happened to this Greenscarf lodge; it could even have been corrupted by the Cyanemy! We should investigate, but carefully, to make sure nobody ends up getting captured and sacrificed or anything. That said, if everything does turn out to be on the up-and-up as hoped, Goldteef may have his small victory.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2020, 04:26:44 pm »

+1

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2020, 04:45:14 am »

Still wary of the local Greenscarves' move, you explain in painstaking detail that things like this seldom happen without a good reason for better or for worse, and that it would be a good idea to exercise caution in approaching the residents Horatio identified as Shaybury Greenscarves. The Inksworthy Greenscarves respond by coming up with overly optimistic explanations for the move including excessive money/loot, boredom, and immovable loot at the new site. You point out that it could just as easily be a trap set by the Shaybury authorities to catch an illegal secret society somewhat lacking in the "secret" part. This prompts an argument about which Greenscarf chapter is likely to be better at stealth and secrecy. You hush them as you approach the street Horatio claims to have found the hideout at.

You look around and see run down shops and inns and even a dilapidated temple on this street. Horatio points out a quiet tavern named the Dancing Celery, and if not for a chalk mark you now recognize as a Greenscarf sign, you wouldn't have imagined the hideout could be such a public building. Goldteef orders the group to don the green scarves and follow him ready to fight if need be. Lacking a proper scarf, you put on the lucky blue one you used back in Inksworth and whisper instructions on executing a proper miniature cavalry charge if ordered. Thus prepared, you cautiously enter the Dancing Celery. Goldteef seats himself and begins ordering:
"Do you have moffy pickakfe wif a topping of defert fand?" asks Goldteef, who gestures wildly.
"But of coarse," says the bartender, who also gestures wildly.

You are immediately very suspicious of what's going on here. What is a mossy pickaxe with desert sand? What were those gestures? Do you really trust Goldteef enough not to intervene, flee, or something else?
(A) Yes
(B) No (and how will you act on it?)
(C) Something else

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2020, 04:48:22 am »

A Goldteef is our ratty friend and we trust him TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. However, we may sometimes coincidentally have totally unrelated reasons to be suspicious of things we would certainly never dream of thinking might be his fault.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 18, 2020, 06:03:00 am »

A I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 18, 2020, 11:12:26 am »

A

When we have a quiet moment, let's ask Goldteef what all the gesturing was about. It is useful, for a CHICKEN KNIGHT to know the secret languages of his skullduggerous adversaries!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 18, 2020, 04:25:37 pm »

A

When we have a quiet moment, let's ask Goldteef what all the gesturing was about. It is useful, for a CHICKEN KNIGHT to know the secret languages of his skullduggerous adversaries!

+1

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 18, 2020, 04:28:03 pm »

C SILENTLY BUT WITH LOUD SCREAMING THOUGHTS RECITE THE OATHS OF THE CHICKEN KNIGHTS AND SERVANTS OF THE CHICKEN GODS IN OUR HEAD WHILE PREPARING FOR BATTLE YEAAAAHAHH!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2020, 03:20:36 am »

A: Maximum Spin, King Zultan, Superdorf, Yellow Pixel
C: VoidSlayer
You decide you trust Goldteef enough after all, but finding out what all that gesturing was about would still be very useful for such a CHICKEN KNIGHT of letters as yourself. It can wait, though, and you tag along when the bartender opens a trapdoor hidden under a barrel of cheap ale and enter a small but surprisingly clean maze of twisty passages lined with mosaics and tapestries. The Greenscarves here presumably enjoy more success in snagging high-value items. Goldteef strikes up some comprehensible conversation as the party continues walking through increasingly smelly tunnels.

"Fo what happened to the old gang?"
"Well, Redhand's still Master Thief. Mara, Orfin, an' Wigbert are still in charge too, but Bug-Eater Brytha and 'er crew moved out to Baywick last year. Used to complain about the Duke breathing down 'er neck an' jailing 'er henchies, she did. Tane was our last Face and 'e replaced 'er, an' that's why I'm 'ere in the Dancin' Celery servin' drinks. Yup, good ole Bill's bartending now. Also, we've got some company from Asheath. 's why we moved here where it's bigger. How's Inksworth these days?"
"Mifter Holy Knight here recruited our fervifef. We've been running acroff the country looking for fome holy relic. Don't know which one, fough. You wouldn't happen to know anyfing about one, would you?"
"Hmm, holy relics? One o' Wigbert's henchies left after a night in the stocks. Said 'e was goin' to seek help from the gods themselves an' went west. Always was a bit of a fanatic, that chicken. Say, how much are you gettin' paid for runnin' around with knights? Not very scarfy, now, is it?"
"It'f a pittanftanfe for one of my fkill and ekfpertatife, but I'm a proper Rat Thief now. It'f like I'm in a Rofin Ritfard ftory and ftuff."
"Well...that's...great! Anyway, here we are. Leave your weapons in this crate. We promise we won't steal them, hehaha. We're all Gree--actually never mind."

You enter a dim room. A fancy room divider placed halfway across obstructs your view of the far side of the room, but you hear low conversation. Greenscarf bouncers stand guard on either side of the divider and eye your heavily armed party. Doodle-Crow is clumsily hiding the ornate dagger the pheasant bandit leader held inside his clothing. Cluck-Squawk-Cluck and Bawk-Bawk-BAWK are dumping out their rocks. Goldteef's dagger(s) has/have disappeared somehow. Will you comply with Bill's request?
(A) Yes
(B) No (Blatantly stroll in with all the weapons you have on your person)
(C) Not completely (Hide some gear somehow)

Quote from: Weapons
Saber
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Decorative lance
Crossbow (0 bolts)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2020, 03:28:45 am »

Reassure the bartender that we ARE all Greenscarves here, because, logically, if we have joined forces with the Inkswhatever Greenscarves, that makes us Greenscarves by proxy. Leave your weapons in the crate, but ask politely if we can hold onto RIGHTEOUS FURY for its religious sentiment. Still, if the request is refused, bow politely and place it in the crate and plot petty vengeance afterward.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2020, 08:08:48 am »

They can hold our weapons but they can never hold our RIGHTEOUS FURY!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2020, 01:23:12 pm »

Carefully sequester our RIGHTEOUS FURY in the cockles of our KNIGHTLY HEART. It will be there when we need it!
The rest of our weaponry, the Greenscarves can hang onto for now.

klonk
Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2020, 01:26:58 pm »

Wait, we actually have weapons? I thought we've been pecking things this whole time.

Put a little green scarf around each of our weapons and pretend like they're an exotic sort of animal from out of town. Call anyone who questions them racist.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2020, 01:29:06 pm »

Our weaponry existed in a state of METAPHYSICAL FLUX for awhile, before we got around to taking inventory.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29