Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25655 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2020, 11:12:25 pm »

Knock on the door and introduce ourselves as a scarf connoisseur, wearing our own scarf. Say that we've heard they have a wonderful array of matching scarves that we'd love to see in person. We've brought along our specialized scarf-artists who will put them in the next issue of Scarves Monthly, which will give them a hefty paycheck and probably chicks.

This is what we call HONORABLE DECEPTION allowing us to take down the thieves when they arn't even suspecting it!

YES GET AN INTERVIEW WITH THEM THEN LEAVE A SCATHING REPORT IN SCARVES MONTHLY TO DESTROY THEIR REPUTATION, A MOST TERRIBLE FATE, OR MAYBE PUNCH THEM A BUNCH WHICHEVER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2020, 11:17:43 pm »

Knock on the door and introduce ourselves as a scarf connoisseur, wearing our own scarf. Say that we've heard they have a wonderful array of matching scarves that we'd love to see in person. We've brought along our specialized scarf-artists who will put them in the next issue of Scarves Monthly, which will give them a hefty paycheck and probably chicks.

This is what we call HONORABLE DECEPTION allowing us to take down the thieves when they arn't even suspecting it!

YES GET AN INTERVIEW WITH THEM THEN LEAVE A SCATHING REPORT IN SCARVES MONTHLY TO DESTROY THEIR REPUTATION, A MOST TERRIBLE FATE, OR MAYBE PUNCH THEM A BUNCH WHICHEVER.
Did you forget these people are thieves? They need to be stopped. I don’t think the town has a jail, so killing it is

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2020, 11:29:46 pm »

Did you forget these people are thieves? They need to be stopped. I don’t think the town has a jail, so killing it is
THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THEN THE SWORD CRUSH THEM UNDER A THOUSAND HARSH WORDS IN THE LOCAL PAPER AND STAB THEM IN THE EYE WITH A PEN.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2020, 11:51:00 pm »

Summary execution seems a bit harsh for petty theft, and you didn't even check! If this town doesn't have a jail we can reform them and have them turn their old HQ into a jail! Then they can imprison themselves and others, working off their debt to society twice as fast! Reforming former dashing rogues is the KNIGHTLY thing to do.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2020, 12:26:35 am »

Summary execution seems a bit harsh for petty theft, and you didn't even check! If this town doesn't have a jail we can reform them and have them turn their old HQ into a jail! Then they can imprison themselves and others, working off their debt to society twice as fast! Reforming former dashing rogues is the KNIGHTLY thing to do.
Yes, that does sound like a much better plan. Cancel my I’ll “advice”

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: ChickEn KnighT [SG]
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2020, 04:38:47 am »

Carpet the M <- - o - - - -> This creche ant is the butter tart of pallor
Silent night <- - - o - - -> Do you hear what I hear?

You are rather torn between using clever subterfuges to get at the thieves inside and just charging their headquarters. It seems to be a moot point, because even after some waiting and knocking and extra waiting after the knocking, no one shows up to so much as greet or warn off your anxious troops. Not wanting to let what little surprise remains go to waste, you order a furious charge on the building Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark pointed out and find it just as empty on the inside as on the outside. Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark nervously notes that the scent actually gets weaker inside. The recruits fan out a bit and spot no valuables or signs of recent use on the furniture, which is covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. This has been a most disappointing day for intrepid investigative journalist B-KAWK.

As you continue your search in the streets, Bawk-Bawk-BAWK and Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark hit upon the idea of looking under the loose cobbles in the street. Sure enough, an irregular lid of mortared cobbles is concealing a hole and a half-rotted rope ladder! Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark confirms that the smell is strongest around the pit, and the party cautiously descends into the Tunnels of Theft, which you find out is a maze of twisty passages, all different. Luckily, Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark is perfectly capable of following the scent, and it isn't too long before you come across a scarved rat. You can make out a mouth full of shiny teeth and a scarf in the dim candlelight, and you attempt to set up an interview with the putative thief.

"What is your name?"
"Goldteef becaufe I'fe got gold teef, fee?"
"What is your quest?"
"To feek the Holy Infifor, a toof of fuch fine it can cut fpace and time, that no prife would be high enough!"
"Who is your favorite bard?"
"That'f a hard queftion, but if I had to pick--"
"SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWK!"

Someone in your party has prematurely ended your interview with a deafening war-squawk! The recruits fall on the stunned rat, and you get the strangest sense of déjà vu before you, too, succumb to screaming bloodlust for Vexing and dubiOus reasons despIte your best intentions. When you ComE to your Senses after a very satisfying rampage, Goldteef and a handful of other scarved but probably not starved youths (three pigeons, two rats, a monkey, a magpie, and a raccoon) are tied to a wooden support in the middle of a room, and you are holding one scarf for each tied up tunnel-dweller. You look around and see telltale glimmers of metallic objects on tables placed along the walls of what appears to be a treasure chamber of some sort. What would you like to do with the prisoners, treasure, and hideout?

On an unrelated note, all of the scarves recovered are marked 59. You wonder if there are at least 58 other such bands of rowdy thieves across town. It would take a while to search through all of them for one particular holy relic even with everyone devoting all their waking hours to the mad hunt.

You also make a mental note that getting Bark-Bark-SQUIRREL-Bark hired would be very useul in case future jobs involve or otherwise benefit from odor-based searches.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2020, 11:12:09 am »

Search the loot see what's there, and if any of it matches the description of the relic, and ask them what's with the 59 on their scarves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2020, 11:19:01 am »

CHICKEN KNIGHT.
It is TiMe YOU took a MOmENT to consider THE matter of VoICeS.

If you are to continue here in the steady improvement of society, you will need to visit the church and make whatever prayers are needed-- IMMeDiATelY. The UNWELCOME VIOLENCE will CoNtinuE, if you do not.

If you PREFER TO RETAIN the DIN of your VOICES, you had best cut this InVesTiGatiON SHORT, and AWAY into the GRIM WOODS FORTHWITH. There will be FOUL BEASTS to RIGHTEOUSLY SLAUGHTER there, MEET for the ATTENTIONS of a MADDENED KNIGHT-ERRANT.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:20:47 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2020, 11:22:35 am »

Use our sewing skills to turn the 59 to 00.. That will erase any other groups preventing us from having to deal with them.

Explain to Goldteef that he is now the Warden of Cellblock Zero. He and the other tied up people are prisoners here. It will be his duty to keep himself from escaping.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2020, 12:02:12 pm »

I'm fairly sure that plan will fail, we need to keep someone who's not art of the group to keep the group from escaping. Also yes, you should get prayers at a church for the blessing again.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2020, 12:03:58 pm »

Boo, no blessing let our voices be heard!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2020, 12:06:40 pm »

From what limited experience I've had within the body, when he was blessed, he wasable to make more sound decisions, and didn't erupt into violence like he did recently.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2020, 12:10:54 pm »

VIOLENCE is ACcEPtABLE. It is, HoWEVeR, to be AVOIDED in MUNDANE SoCIETy.

klonk
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2020, 12:15:49 pm »

OOC voice: I'm not sure that the blessing and the bloodlust are quite related. If you look at history, it appears that bloodlust frenzies are a natural chicken phenomenon. The Chicken Knight only goes into them when all the recruits have already started. This, frankly, is realistic if you have ever met a chicken.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2020, 12:22:47 pm »

...huh.

Now you mention it... yeah. It hadn't occurred to me that the CHICKEN KNIGHT might just be acting like a chicken.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29