Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25662 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #300 on: September 13, 2020, 02:12:20 am »

+1 To the spread rumors about ourselves plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2020, 03:57:53 am »

"I hear the Greenscarves aren't doing so well these days. Sometimes, I wonder if that's really a good thing."
   +2 from King Zultan, Naturegirl1999
"...got that from Honest Dave? Are you sure we're talking about the same Honest Dave? Last I heard..."
   +1 from King Zultan
   +1? from Naturegirl1999
"I haven't heard from anyone in Teford in weeks. Just get there and get out. The Duke doesn't need to know about this."
   +1 from Naturegirl1999

Spread rumors of a pious, dashing Chicken Knight to build up Knightly Renown
   +2 from Stirk, Maximum Spin

Priorities:
A: King Zultan, Superdorf, Naturegirl1999, Maximum Spin, Yellow Pixel

Highwaymice:
A: Naturegirl1999
B: King Zultan, Maximum Spin, Yellow Pixel
D: Superdorf

You continue listening to a select few conversations to see where they end up.

"I hear the Greenscarves aren't doing so well these days. Sometimes, I wonder if that's really a good thing."
"Agreed. Their scams and thefts had an endearing...innocence? Like they were kids who grew up on Rosin Rick stories and decided they wanted to become thieves when they grew up."
"I swear it's the Duke's patrols. They only grab the easy ones, and now we have...the unmentionable ones."
"Probably. My...protection money got doubled this month now they're gone from here. I almost miss when the worst that could happen was having a few items replaced with naughty notes. Still have a few of them myself."
"My friend whose cousin's wife is in the ducal guard said the old Corvid was killed by one of those unmentionables. That the Duke wants a fight."
"Careful not to talk too loudly. Never know who might be listening."

"...got that from Honest Dave? Are you sure we're talking about the same Honest Dave? Last I heard, he was peddling painted scrap as enchanted dragonslaying gear in somewhere in Eregland."
"Well, what I last heard is he was selling scribbles and scrap metal on a stick as treasure hunting gear in Inksworth!"
"But look, if I press the pad on the sole, a knife pops out!"
"You fool! Put that accursed thing away before someone sees it! 'No weapons allowed,' remember?"
"Look, it even cuts bread! All I'm saying is Honest Dave's wares aren't always garbage."
"I don't know. I think if you tried to stab someone with it, you'd wind up lopping your own foot off."
"Look, do you want it or not? I need the cash more than I need a souvenir right now."
"Eh, I'll pass."

"I haven't heard from anyone in Teford in weeks. Just get there and get out. The Duke doesn't need to know about this."
"Fine, but double the reward. Wouldn't want anything leading back to you, now, would you?"
"You drive a hard bargain. Double it is, but make sure the report is back here by this time next week."
"Hmph. Until next time, jumpy. Not like it's your job your risking."

"Did you hear about that devilishly handsome Chicken Knight who killed a thousand dragons with a single wing tied behind their back?"
"Is it really that impressive if they had their wings tied behind their backs?"
"Why, but of course! A bound dragon could still breathe fire or roll over and squash that suave Chicken Knight."
"Umm...alright."

"Have you heard the tail of the Pious Chicken Knight who saved an orphanage from being devoured by a horde of goats, then donated his vast fortune to repairing the damage?
"Orphanage? Do̭̖̞̳̦n̨'̭t̛͎̰̰͔̦̦ ̶̜̼y̨̯̮͎̙̺͈̭o͔̺͝u̘̗̱ ̛̩͖̙̹̠̟m͚̙̣̩̺̞͓͢e̙̰̲͉̤̩͚͈a̼̘̮͓̬̱n̷̫̫̼̩̤͕͜ͅ ̪̻̞͕̝͚́́͝r̴̡̘̗͔̬͍̤͞ͅe̸̢̛̞̰̼̗̠̥͕̣̹̘̣̜̝͚͉̜͟ͅs̶̢҉̹͖̭͎̀͜t̵̷̝̤̫̻̬͍͍̘͇͈͈̟̺̣̣̫̠͘͟͞a͇̗̱̪̯̫̤̫̬̣̥̠̪͈̩̺͖͢u͏̬͖̼̪̙̪͇̰̦̜̰̫͔̠ŕ̨̡͖̪̥̖̞̳̮̞̺͔͇͙̪͈̥a̷̡̩̣̬̻͠͞ͅn̢̳͖̞̠͖͉̹͍̼̺̺̝̕͟ͅt͉̦̹̫̫̩͎̜̮̕͢?̨̛̜͈̱͓̪̩̦͎̞͚͙͇̫̪͓͡͝"
"Eep!"

"That charming Chicken Knight who solved all the crimes in Inksworth sure sounds like a legendary hero. Must be a child of the gods or something."
"I mean...I guess anything and anyone can be a child of the gods these days, so why not?"

Did you perhaps involve yourself with any of them? Time and causality can be so fickle sometimes.
(A) Yes (-> Further investigations yesterday)
(B) No (-> Leave for Shaybury now)
(C) File not found

The next day, after the tired pursuit party has arrived, you call a meeting to get the details on the highwaymouse-chasing operation and split the resulting loot. Dr. Phyllis is glad to see that Seek and the stolen medical supplies have arrived safely. Goldteef tells a frankly rather implausible story about blending in with the shadows and silently killing all the highwaymice one by one. (Based on Goldteef's animated reenactment of the motions, you are very sure there would've been loud screaming.) Still, that does explain why they didn't arrive until this morning. You consider reprimanding him for causing an unnecessary delay, but maybe striking under cover of darkness somehow helped with the mission after all. Either way, the highwaymice are unlikely to bother anyone again, and that's good enough for now.

Next is everyone's favorite part of the post-mission business: Loot distribution! The Order sifts through the pile largely made up of holey clothing and shiny but bent swords with the odd souvenir/trinket (and surprisingly few purses and pouches of money) to pick out what would be better off sold. Most of the gear being intended for mice, pretty much all of it is too small for anyone and is quickly flagged for selling, and you and Bawk-Bawk-BAWK look around for buyers. A local blacksmith happily buys up all the damaged weapons at a slightly unimpressive price, but no one wants to pay anything for the damaged clothes. Ultimately, Cluck-Squawk-Cluck claims them and has them sewn together into a somewhat tacky looking cape which she proudly wears. At some point, Pigeon Footpad Pauline and Rat Footpad Fink manage to swindle a passing merchant into buying up a bag of highwaymouse trinkets at a huge markup. They seem anxious to leave as soon as possible.

Taken together, the extra cash should be enough to cover wages for another two or three weeks or promote two footpads/recruits and cover wages for a week. Would you like to nominate anyone in particular for a promotion at this time?

Quote from: Current roster
Footchicken Doodle-Crow
Chicken Knight AWWWK AWK AWK AWK AWK B-KAWK
Footchicken BAWK-Cluck
Footchicken Cluck-Squawk-Cluck
Footchicken Bawk-Bawk-BAWK
Chicken Recruit Cluck-Bark
Chicken Recruit Meow-Ma-Mew
Rat Rogue Goldteef
Rat Footpad Fink
Rat Footpad Ratchel
Rat Footpad Horatio
Pigeon Footpad Pauline
Chicken Footpad Chuck

The captives are currently intended to continue working as steeds.

(An extra update is scheduled ~12h from now)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2020, 04:33:21 am »

B. Goldteef deserves a promotion for a successful mission. I'm sure there's nothing that would make him feel guilty about.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2020, 05:00:30 am »

B This place is boring let us leave!

Also +1 to promoting Goldteef.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2020, 01:19:29 pm »

+1 to promoting Goldteef

Also investigate what "I haven't heard from anyone in Teford in weeks. Just get there and get out. The Duke doesn't need to know about this."
"Fine, but double the reward. Wouldn't want anything leading back to you, now, would you?"
"You drive a hard bargain. Double it is, but make sure the report is back here by this time next week."
"Hmph. Until next time, jumpy. Not like it's your job your risking." the people in this conversation are trying to hide from the duke

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:17 pm »

Also investigate what "I haven't heard from anyone in Teford in weeks. Just get there and get out. The Duke doesn't need to know about this."
"Hmph. Until next time, jumpy. Not like it's your job your risking." the people in this conversation are trying to hide from the duke

You tail a well-dressed ape of some sort and a monkey (a ranger of some sort, perhaps?), but they soon split up. Which of these suspicious fellows, if any, would you like to follow?
(A) The well-dressed ape
(B) The woodsy monkey
(C) Neither. Jump to tomorrow

You nominate Goldteef for promotion, a choice that will likely throw the Order's finances into disarray. Goldteef and the footpads quickly second the motion. Doodle-Crow reluctantly promotes Goldteef to Rat Thief to cheers from the former Greenscarves for moving up the ladder of adventure. Goldthief is eager to put his considerable skill into practice at the earliest opportunity. With that, the Order begins the next phase of its journey to Teford. As you exit the eastern gates of Asheath, you notice the third cart is carrying slightly more than before. This probably won't reflect well on the Order. Time slows to a crawl as a result of the investigations still going on yesterday.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2020, 03:55:08 pm »

C.

PERFORM A HOLY INVESTIGATION ON CART 3.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2020, 04:16:16 pm »

A. Well-dressed people tend to bring more Knightly Cash in the foreseeable future.

PERFORM A HOLY INVESTIGATION ON CART 3.
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2020, 04:20:32 pm »

A, the weLl dressed one more likely hired the woodsy one

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2020, 06:17:43 pm »

THE WOODSY ONE LOOKS LIKE THEY MIGHT BE SOME KIND OF PLANTY THIEF AND WE KNOW THIEVES ARE TRUST WORTHY FOLLOW THE WELL GROOMED APE.

A?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2020, 02:29:54 am »

You follow the well-dressed ape from a distance around Asheath and almost lose your quarry to the throngs of travellers passing through several times. After several turns, you see the ape approaching a nondescript building near the edge of town. Small, dark windows face into the street from the upper floor. You're not sure, but you think you can make out a slight movement in one of them. You try to stay hidden behind the corner of a building on the other side of the street as the ape looks around to make sure no one is watching and knocks at the front door. It's a curious: Soft-loud soft-loud soft-loud soft-loud. Someone inside asks something about the thunderous weather despite it being a cloudless day. The ape responds with something about thrumming and is let in. You wait for a few minutes, but nothing else happens. What, if anything, would you like to do next?

Sensing that the plot from yesterday may be wrapping up soon, time begins flowing a little less slowly. You dramatically turn your gaze to Cart 3 to initiate a HOLY INVESTIGATION and spy a mound of highwaymouse clothing that wasn't there or that large before. Your sharp eyes pick up what appears to be a purse partially sticking out of the bottom of the clothes pile. Where did this come from? It wasn't around when you counted out everyone's share earlier this morning. Is someone "supplementing" with a little bit of pickpocketing? Maybe someone just decided to buy a new purse from one of the many merchants passing through? Does this even matter to the Holy Exalted Order in the grand scheme of things? Does it warrant a stop?

(A) It matters. Stop the carts!
(B) It matters. Keep going!
(C) It doesn't matter. Stop the carts anyway!
(D) It doesn't matter. Keep going!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2020, 02:45:25 am »

A. The purse itself may be innocuous, but it's important that we know what's on our carts, and a mound of highwaymouse clothing could only come from highwaymice. What if the surviving highwaymice stalked us and are ON THE CART RIGHT NOW, PLANNING TO STEAL OUR NURSES AND STEEDS?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2020, 04:38:49 am »

A Those damned highway mice doing things!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2020, 04:51:56 pm »

Try sneaking into the building where the ape went by finding an other entrance. If there's none, wait to see if the ape comes out and follow him again.

Also A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2020, 04:53:42 pm »

Try sneaking into the building where the ape went by finding an other entrance. If there's none, wait to see if the ape comes out and follow him again.
Please, please, just let this end now
The ape is not interesting to me in the slightest
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29