Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25659 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Knight [SG]
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2020, 04:56:25 pm »

What if we use the highwaymice as mounts? Their name sounds kinda mounty. Like they're mice meant to be used for the highway. That way we don't have to buy horses later.
+1 Horses and oxen shouldn't be the only animals fated to pull heavy loads! Attach the highwaymice between a wagon and the horses, so they will help them and they will avoid being trampled on. Being a steed is a noble job!

FAA (bulous!)

EDIT: They still could get crushed by the cart, but do it anyway!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 05:13:37 pm by Yellow Pixel »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Rat Rogue [SG]
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2020, 07:41:03 pm »

A: Naturegirl1999
B: King Zultan, Maximum Spin, VoidSlayer
F: Stirk, Yellow Pixel

A: King Zultan, Maximum Spin, VoidSlayer, Yellow Pixel
D: Naturegirl1999

A: Maximum Spin, Naturegirl1999, VoidSlayer, Yellow Pixel
B: King Zultan

You send the former Greenscarves out to pursue the fleeing highwaymice and "reclaim" whatever valuables they have on them. Seeing as the carts are already carrying the Order's baggage, you think it would speed things up a bit if everyone got a proper steed. To this end, you draw straws to see who gets one of the four highwaymouse steeds which you feel is less fair than usual. (Normally, you'd be guaranteed a win by way of drawing a giant straw with your sword and pointy visor) Footchickens Cluck-Squawk-Cluck, Bawk-Bawk-BAWK, Doodle-Crow, and Meow-Ma-Mew prevail today, but you console yourself with the knowledge that you had a steed long before they thought to leave their homes and embark on this heroic quest. The highwaymice complain about the load, but the caravan somehow moves a little faster with everyone on a cart or a steed of some sort. You expect to arrive in Asheath before dark according to the crudely drawn map.

You are now (temporarily) Notorious Rat Rogue Goldteef. You aspire to be the world's greatest thief and steal the hearts of even the gods themselves. But for now, your noble leader has sent you to apprehend the escaped mice. After a few hours of slogging through this blasted heath, you've arrived at the highwaymice camp. Your party is still undetected, having stopped behind a small hill. But what exactly did you plan for your underlings again?

(A) Fcarf-thievef! Attack-charge!
(B) Wait until nightfall and ftab-knife them!
(C) Furround-fwarm them and attack!
(D) Plan? What plan? What are we doing here? We fould be going to Afheaf
(E) Fomething elfe

Quote from: Former Greenscarves
1x Rat Rogue Goldteef
3x Rat Footpads
1x Pigeon Footpad
1x Chicken Footpad

Quote from: Highwaymice
1x Highwaymouse Leader
11x Sword Highwaymice
1x Torch Highwaymouse

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2020, 08:09:40 pm »

We have successfully stolen the game from that Chicken, including the voices that may or may not include gods who we can now steal the hearts of. We must continue to steal the game by acting more knightly than that other knight.

B): They have fancy cloths which must mean they go to sleep early like fancy people, so we can stab them in the darkness like a true knightthief. Knights are known for stabbing darkness.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2020, 08:27:00 pm »

We must certainly do the thiefly thing and steal their lives in the dark. Choose B for the most dashing of plans and also because 13 (or 11?) against 6 (or 5?) seems like bad odds, but then I am not the best number counter over here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2020, 11:49:44 pm »

Sure, B.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2020, 12:30:01 am »

Bladef in the dark!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2020, 02:24:17 am »

B for night stabbing!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2020, 04:19:56 am »

Ah, of course! The plan was to strike at night! You unpack lightly and set up shifts so everyone can take turns resting and watching for highwaymouse activity in the meantime. The highwaymice are partying in enviable comfort as you variously rest or keep watch in the brush. Time passes, and in the dark of night, your well-rested footpads nervously prepare for their first proper mission. You hope they'll remember the "lessons" B-KAW taught a few days ago. It would be a shame if someone were to forget to loot the valuables before torching the place, and you don't mean that in the veiled threat sense Red Riding Hood bosses like using, oh no. It would be a genuine shame for you as a seasoned thief not to reap the fruits of the brigands' work after putting so much effort into reforming from your disorganized crime ways the better to achieve your lofty ambitions with.

Incidentally, it occurs to you that it's rather strange that most everyone seems to be diurnal in this realm, but maybe that just makes it easier to do business or something.

Anyway, you break out the daggers and get ready for some night stabbing. Slipping about the poorly constructed palisade at their entrance, you and your footpads stab the guardsmouse repeatedly. Rat Footpad Horatio laughs nervously, and you give him a small kick to quiet him. Once the guard has been suitably aerated, you and your squad poke around for valuables and find a finely polished ring, a high quality sword, and a pouch of coins. You dictate the current loot to Rat Footpad Fink and send Pigeon Footpad Pauline back to your makeshift camp with the items. After Pauline comes back, you spread out a bit to look for things not bolted down or on fire to lift.

You head toward a seemingly unattended campfire near the edge of the camp. You are darkness. You are the night. You are--whoa, let's hope the nurse didn't see that! You free him and whisper directions to your little camp. The nurse, who introduces himself as Seek the Hairless, asks about the stolen medicine. You say your henchies are still looking for it. With that, you send Seek away even as someone looses a bloodcurdling scream from a distant tent.

When everyone's gone through the camp once, it emerges that only nine highwaymice were turned into pincushions tonight. This is rather disturbing, but seeing as your makeshift camp is intact, your medicine pile seems to be the right size, and your loot heap is no longer hungry for now, you call this mission a success. Everyone grabs a double share of the loot (relative to an equal split among all members of the Holy Exalted Order) and heads for Asheath. This includes Nurse Seek, who accepts the bribe for his silence come spoils distribution time with Treasurer B-KAWK.

You are now Chicken Knight B-KAWK once again. The caravan arrives safely in Asheath with daylight to spare, but none of the former Greenscarves are around. You're rather worried about them; the surviving highwaymice do outnumber them, and they aren't exactly hornets in a beehive. Such is the cost of hiring pickpockets, you suppose. You unwind at the local tavern as is your wont and eavesdrop on the patrons.

• "...got that from Honest Dave? Are you sure we're talking about the same Honest Dave? Last I heard..."
  • "I haven't heard from anyone in Teford in weeks. Just get there and get out. The Duke doesn't need to know about this."
  • "Yeah, that was me! Who else had the mettle and metal to take on the Silent Knight?"
  • "I hear the Greenscarves aren't doing so well these days. Sometimes, I wonder if that's really a good thing."
  • "Did you hear? The first autumn tournament over in Shaybury is right around the corner!"
  • "...lot of ports raided recently by the northerners. Maybe Branta's in league with the new Corvid?"
  • "How did I get rich? I don't know. I just kept buying carts and guards and moving goods from one end of the continent to the other."
  • "Anyone going back to the heartlands got a spot for one family? No? Thanks anyway, sir. Anyone going back to..."
  • "The Duke's hiring mercenaries now, but his offers aren't that appealing. Unless you're desperate, I guess."

Late that night, you wake up and sense a twinge of petty betrayal for some reason, but it passes. Goldteef's exhausted (-CARAVAN SPEED) party arrives that morning with the stolen medicine and nurse and a surprisingly small amount of loot. By the look of it, they're nearly ready for a promotion. Would you like to do administrative stuff now or would you rather continue your journey?

(A) Debrief, split the loot, and stuff like that now
(B) Leave immediately
(C) Something else

Also, whatever will you do about your captive steeds?

(A) Release them
(B) Keep them
(C) Sell them
(D) Recruit them
(E) Something else

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2020, 07:37:56 am »

"...got that from Honest Dave? Are you sure we're talking about the same Honest Dave? Last I heard..."
"I hear the Greenscarves aren't doing so well these days. Sometimes, I wonder if that's really a good thing."
Listen in on these.

As for everything else lets split loot and debrief now to get it out of the way, and the highway mice will say steeds if they didn't want to be used as such they'd have picked different names for them selves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2020, 10:01:19 am »

AD
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2020, 12:25:16 pm »

I think it’s too late but if not, listen in on the following, listed in descending order of priority

"I haven't heard from anyone in Teford in weeks. Just get there and get out. The Duke doesn't need to know about this."

"I hear the Greenscarves aren't doing so well these days. Sometimes, I wonder if that's really a good thing."

"Anyone going back to the heartlands got a spot for one family? No? Thanks anyway, sir. Anyone going back to..."

"...got that from Honest Dave? Are you sure we're talking about the same Honest Dave? Last I heard..."

"Yeah, that was me! Who else had the mettle and metal to take on the Silent Knight?"

"...lot of ports raided recently by the northerners. Maybe Branta's in league with the new Corvid?”

AA

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2020, 12:35:51 pm »

We should start spreading our own tavern rumors to increase or Knightly Prestige.

"Did you hear about that devilishly handsome Chicken Knight who killed a thousand dragons with a single wing tied behind their back?"
"Have you heard the tail of the Pious Chicken Knight who saved an orphanage from being devoured by a horde of goats, then donated his vast fortune to repairing the damage?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »

We should start spreading our own tavern rumors to increase or Knightly Prestige.

"Did you hear about that devilishly handsome Chicken Knight who killed a thousand dragons with a single wing tied behind their back?"
"Have you heard the tail of the Pious Chicken Knight who saved an orphanage from being devoured by a horde of goats, then donated his vast fortune to repairing the damage?
I don’t think lying is a good idea

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2020, 12:44:52 pm »

Okay, AB instead.
+1 to Stirk's 'spread rumours about ourselves' plan. It's not lying, there's probably totally a chicken knight doing those things somewhere.

Although I don't know if killing a thousand dragons is as impressive if the dragons had a wing tied behind their backs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 03:23:26 pm by Maximum Spin »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2020, 01:35:10 pm »

I agree to debrief and split the loot now. But keep the highwaymice! They are already proving their worth as steeds and maybe they will eventually accept to adopt knightly lives definitely. We should wait however to return to Inksworth before reforming them completely because we can't afford the time now to properly convince them (or brainwash them).

So AB
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29