Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Impossible creatures AR, The Zoo Tycoons, Preturn Unit creation Phase  (Read 1971 times)

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible creatures AR, Team A
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 10:24:18 pm »

That pigeon comment wasn't a joke, it will be the base for our common air support.

Quote from: Votebox
(2) Scan a Gorilla from the zoo : Happerry, lukerules117
(1) Scan an Orca from a water zoo : Happerry,
(2) Scan the Fossil of a Moa : Happerry, lukerules117
(1) Scan a pigeon from anywhere pidgeons are found: lukerules117

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 10:59:37 pm »

That pigeon comment wasn't a joke, it will be the base for our common air support.

(3)Scan a Gorilla from the zoo : Happerry, lukerules117, TL
(2) Scan an Orca from a water zoo : Happerry, TL
(3) Scan the Fossil of a Moa : Happerry, lukerules117, TL
(1)Scan a pigeon from anywhere pidgeons are found: lukerules117

Whale/apes. Fossil critters are good but first need to figure out kinks in scanning/creation.

Also can come up with reasons for the fusion critter I have in mind.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 11:09:08 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 11:10:36 pm »

(4)Scan a Gorilla from the zoo : Happerry, lukerules117, TL, m1895
(3) Scan an Orca from a water zoo : Happerry, TL,  m1895
(3) Scan the Fossil of a Moa : Happerry, lukerules117,  m1895

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 11:42:15 pm »

Gorilla:

Smart: Primate, of course it’s smart, like can be taught.

Hands: This means tools.

Strength: Gorillas are hell a strong. Can pound, smash, rip, tear, and toss just fine. Not to mention crush.

Orca:

Smarts: There are orcas that out smart and eat dolphins. Which are considered to be smart themselves. Figure it out.

Lungs: Powerful lungs, ball shaped, store lots of air.

Teeth: They are sharp, jaws are strong, easily tear people and smaller things apart.

Echo sense: Not only is it sonar, but orcas and sperm whales have a trick of channeling it into a SOUND blast that can stun prey with effectiveness based on prey ( so not halt something bigger, but same size or smaller then yeah it does.)

Size: A full grown orca is the size of a city bus. Saw it for myself at sea world, they are huge.

Yeah my idea was a orcas head with guts and well sized up on a gorilla body. ( primates could swim, just badly. Lungs make it so could learn to adjust. The marines not navy. If I want navy have gigantic archer fish or straight up whales.)

Moa:

Big bad birds: scary, which works claws and beak.

Pigeon: It flies. Makes a excellent scout and spotter as they have super memories.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 02:28:01 pm »

(4)Scan a Gorilla from the zoo : Happerry, lukerules117, TL, m1895
(3) Scan an Orca from a water zoo : Happerry, TL,  m1895
(2) Scan the Fossil of a Moa : lukerules117,  m1895
(10 Scan a Porcupine: Happerry

While it probably won't win this turn, a Porcupine is something I want to argue for soon. The spines can be generally useful defensively and in Impossible Creatures it gave a ranged attack.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:19:39 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 11:24:09 am »

I would like a more decisive vote, although it would be a few days until I write the phase
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2020, 09:47:40 pm »

Oh and co siderite g there was a game of this. The most hax critter was the lobster. Amphibious, extra building damage, armor and regen. ( and in reality can detect and navigate via electro magnetism.)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible creatures AR, The Zoo Tycoons, Preturn Unit creation Phase
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2020, 01:44:56 pm »

Gorilla (Normal):
(4+3)=7 Superior craftsmanship

Fortunately for us, the conservation effort of the various Gorilla species have provided us with a lot of genetic and other useful information about them, and the captive gorillas familiarity with humans and our closeness on the tree of life made interactions with specific specimens a mostly friendly interaction, in the end we had enough information not to just base our creation on a single gorilla, or even a single spices, we were able to create the ultimate gorilla. Smarter, stronger and with greater motor skills then any single gorilla.

Orca (Hard)
(1+1)-1=1 Utter failure

"SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and us are very dedicated to the preservation and humane treatment of Orcas and all sea life" is the first line our representatives have said in the press conference after our scanning attempt of one of the Orcas in SeaWorld San Diego. The fact that there was a press conference after the attempt should say enough on the disastrous attempt, but a complete report was written to the staff and management.

Putting a blame on a single party would not do justice to the overall incompetence shown in the project. Even though they were fully aware of our visit, they loaned their most extensive portable equipment to another park to treat another orca, which was made worse by the fact that one of our other teams had taken the waterproof equipment to their mission that day. To avoid rescheduling our team tried to perform the scan from our portable pool and the equipment on it, entering the Killer Whale to the pool hardly bigger than itself was proven even harder than it sounds as the only caretaker that was available was one which the creature has hated, making his calming attempt almost useless, this entire fiasco has ended somewhat predictably when one of the device's needle entered inappropriately into the 4 tons beast, putting him in a state of complete panic in which he broke the mobile pool.

The orca is now in intensive care, we did not get a scan but we did learn a lot on the treatment of sea creatures, although some would say that we should have known most of this already.

Moa (Hard)
(3+2)-1=4 Below Average

The South Island giant moa existed less than a thousand years ago, remains of it were found from far back as the 18th century and even some soft tissue of them was found, this was probably one of the best extinct species to attempt the scan process on. But best isn't always great, without any experience with working without access to a living specimen our researches had to improvise a bit, the results are decent but not spectacular. The beak and legs were proven weaker than expected, making the grip of our resurrected creature weaker than it supposed to have and making it prone to falling when trying to turn when running. but those issues are minor compared to the achievement itself.
(Note: Please give a spice name next time when the name could refer to such a  varied group of them, I assume you didn't want the turkey size one)

This is he unit creation Phase, you have 2 actions.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2020, 10:35:05 pm »

So probably time for Flying Monkeys ala wizard of oz, but I'm unsure of what our second design should be?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2020, 11:37:50 pm »

Moas can't fly so uh yeah.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2020, 04:17:06 am »

I mean I'm not exactly against flightless moneys, we could do one in standard gorilla form and gorillemu form.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2020, 06:40:24 pm »

Micro-rilla
Based on the Gorilla, but much smaller, the Micro-Rilla is only the size of a large housecat instead of being the size of a normal Gorilla. This shrinkage is to allow the large Moa wings attached to the Mirco-Rilla's back to carry it, allowing the monkey to fly. After all, wings that can not carry a large creature can probably carry a smaller one. The Micro-Rilla still maintains a normal Gorilla's intelligence of course, allowing these pint sized flying scouts to innovate and think their way through problems, as well as the limited tool use monkeys are generally known for. This combination of flight, intelligence, and compact gorilla like strength should result in a flexible and useful creature capable of scouting, skirmishing, and 'zergling' duties alike. Besides the wings the Micro-Rilla also has talons based on the moa's foot extending from their toes to allow for deadly foot first landings when needed, as well as nasty kicks to go with their punch. Their fingers are lift alone to prevent an altered hand shape from interfering with their ability to use tools, such as throwing or dropping rocks at enemies they don't like.

Beak-o-Rilla
This Gorilla is sized normally unlike the Micro-Rilla, but unlike it's smaller kin it has a large beak protruding from its face to allow for a nasty peck and claws based on the talons of a Moa extending from its fingers for deadlier hand to hand combat. Combined with the normal intelligence and strength of a gorilla this results in a combination that should be fairly devastating heavy melee combat unit.

(1) Micro-Rilla : Happerry
(10 Beak-o-Rilla : Happerry
Forenia Forever!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2020, 06:49:21 pm »

Moas didn't have wings, not even vestigial ones.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2020, 07:13:45 pm »

Moas didn't have wings, not even vestigial ones.
...I really wish someone had mentioned that earlier so we could have voted for a proper bird. Ugh.

Micro-rilla
Based on the Gorilla, but much smaller, the Micro-Rilla is only the size of a large housecat instead of being the size of a normal Gorilla.The Micro-Rilla still maintains a normal Gorilla's intelligence of course, allowing these pint sized scouts to innovate and think their way through problems, as well as the limited tool use monkeys are generally known for. This combination of intelligence and compact gorilla like strength should result in a flexible and useful creature capable of scouting, skirmishing, and 'zergling' duties alike. To help them with combat, they've been given claws based on Moa Talons just like the Beak-o-Rilla have.

(1) Micro-Rilla : Happerry
(1) Beak-o-Rilla : Happerry
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:37:12 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2020, 09:02:13 am »

Damn, just noticed there is only a single vote here, I will work on the other's team designs for now, but if there aren't any more votes I will assume this was the vote, although I am slow with this one so it can wait.

Sorry, the more I try to write this the less I feel like I know how to, I cancel the game
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:38:09 am by Rockeater »
Pages: 1 [2] 3