Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326]

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256377 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4875 on: September 25, 2024, 02:02:36 am »

Gotta find something to smaaaaash with a big mace!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: September 25, 2024, 02:23:35 am »

Gotta find something to smaaaaash with a big mace!
+1
Wait for our assistants to set up dummy targets and OBLITERATE THEM. Then wait for the audience to throw us posies of flowers and OBLITERATE THEM.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: September 25, 2024, 06:37:01 am »

1d3(2)

Is it a mace or is it a hammer?  You smash a couple of pop-up targets while jumping Talent over a couple of fences, but then decide to reverse it, pole-vaulting with your giant mace to smash yourself into a cluster of flowers, reverse-mace style.  You then come to the ground in a flurry of rose petals.  Talent is there, bowing while on two legs, and then he's gone once more, with you on a large, empty stage facing an audience of paper cutouts.

Tak!  Tak!  Tak!

It sounds like a horse wearing tap shoes.  There's a seated quadruped in the front row, looking horse-ish but vaguely humanlike at the same time.

"No need for much conversation, these are your own hallucinations after all.  I get the gist of what you want.  You're looking for a god, right?"

You nod at the strange equine-like thing.

"Well, head over to the old Imperial Losoan town of Khardon.  It's northeast inside the great bay.  It got wrecked pretty good, but I think there's a few people living in the ruins.  Ask for the "Temple of Magic."

"I'll set you up properly."

Huh.

At this point the scene fades out, and you have a series of extremely weird visions, but none with gods in them.  Eventually you do awaken, back at the campsite, tied up to the base of a large tree, for safety.  You didn't do much damage to the ground, fortunately.

Going to change your plans to visit there first?  It's a bit out of the way, being a coastal ruin inside the Great Bay, to the northeast of here, but not very far out of the way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: September 25, 2024, 09:01:55 am »

Let us head over to that temple and get ourselves a god!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: September 25, 2024, 04:01:49 pm »

Let us head over to that temple and get ourselves a god!
+1

Time to meet the god of Horses, Stringed Instruments and Hammers.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: September 28, 2024, 04:11:00 am »

The weather is incredibly awful for the twelve days it takes you to get to the ruin.  You're blown off course, blown back the other way, followed by getting drenched and rolled by a serious rainstorm.  You're not sunk, but the ship has taken some damage before it arrives at the ruin.  It'd be best to spend a few days here to patch up the hull and maybe get a few materials.  It's a ruin, so there will be stuff there, and you're high level adventurers, so you should be able to fight your way through any beasties, if any should come about.

The ruin is mostly Losoan, although there's a few rare eastern dwarven buildings.  It's rotted old wood and stone, with a few metallic spires pointing towards the heavens.  The river estuary is muddy and full of sandbanks, and very much in need of a good dredging.  If you were any other people it could cause trouble, but a day outside the estuary for Uncle to rig up a mapping spell for sounding things, and a friendly water dragon to swim the route and look for debris, and you manage to find a good anchorage.  You're possibly the first ship in many years to successfully dock here, at the ruin.

The inhabited ruin.  Huh.  It's mostly empty, but there are smoke plumes from fires, and although people are out of sight, Alice and Sessha feel it in their bones.  Someone, possibly many someones, live here.

You know what you're looking for, though, and the supplies needed are just replacements.  There's no need to get involved with whoever these people are.  At least no mandatory reasons.

Are you going for a quick smash-and-grab, or do you want to scope out the settlement, too?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: September 28, 2024, 07:43:37 am »

Scope out the settlements.

We may have to ask these people for help.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: September 30, 2024, 07:00:04 am »

You pass over crumbled paving stones, through many half-shattered buildings.  Some are just decay, but others have been burnt or knocked down.  In particular you see hardly any doors, so most of these buildings have been explored at one time or another.  En-route to a fire, you get accosted by some venomous feral squirrels and about a dozen low-middling orcs.  Nothing to write home about.

Eventually, you come to the camp.  Or near it.  This alleyway is blocked by about a dozen feet of rubble, and when you call out, a wizard pokes her head over the edge, staff crackling.  She takes one look at you four, and sends up a red flare, following that up by asking what you are doing here.

What do you tell the wizard?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: October 01, 2024, 02:38:12 am »

Tell her we're looking for the temple of magic, hopefully the wizard will know where it is.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: October 01, 2024, 03:00:07 am »

Tell her we're looking for the temple of magic, hopefully the wizard will know where it is.

+1

Make sure to tell her that we were told we should come here in a dream.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: October 02, 2024, 09:19:41 am »

"There's a temple of magic?  I thought we marked all the temples!  Do you know where it is?"

Make sure to tell her that we were told we should come here in a dream.[/b]

Well, not so much dream as drug-induced god bothering, but that's close enough.

"Uh.. huh."

"Do you have a map to it?" she says, looking at you with interest.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2024, 12:19:15 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: October 02, 2024, 02:58:09 pm »

For some reason I can only imagine this wizard having a big white beard.

No map, we were told to ask around for the location. Therefore, someone here must know where it is!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: October 02, 2024, 05:47:51 pm »

For some reason I can only imagine this wizard having a big white beard.

No map, we were told to ask around for the location. Therefore, someone here must know where it is!
Say this! And explain that if nobody knows where it is, we're going to look for it.

Of course, Uncle could probably draw a map, and might find the temple that way. But this person seems far too interested in our business.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326]