Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256420 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4815 on: July 29, 2024, 08:13:09 pm »

Sessha casts Vertigo!

The dragon makes the save, powering through the effect!

Willis casts Absolute Zero!  The very air solidifies into ice, freezing and tearing away at the angry dragon.  Trence forces his way through, with the sound of a thousand windows, but his scales are torn and bleeding, showing red blood in a few places.

..a few smallish places on a quite large dragon.  Trence is now Lightly Wounded!

Alice uses Harry+, tapping the dragon right on the snout with her mace.  Trence is still lightly wounded, but he looks straight at Alice with his big green eyes.

Now it's his turn.  He opens his maw, golden smoke still drifting out of the corners.

To be continued.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: July 30, 2024, 12:07:48 am »

This time, out of the dragon's mouth, comes a wide angle beam of pure energy, white and yellow and purple and red.. a thousand colours at once.  But mostly white.  Trence aims it across the party, hitting all three with a powerful beam of energy.

Trence uses Dragon Breath!  Willis takes 56 damage!  Sessha takes 55 damage!  Alice takes 57 damage!

Trence then shuffles forwards and slams a paw down on Alice's head.  Alice takes 42 damage.  She gets him again with another bonk, reducing him to Badly Wounded.  However, having taken 99 damage, Alice is knocked out!

Now facing 1 Imperial Dragon (badly wounded)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: July 30, 2024, 03:18:12 am »

Sessha >       Backstab
Willis >       Shoot!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: July 30, 2024, 06:19:03 am »

Sessha >       Backstab
Willis >       Shoot!

+1

Damage racing is probably as smart as anything… it’s not too likely that we can keep Willis up for long, and this form doesn’t seem insanely chunky. We can use Healmore to 1v1 with Sessha if it comes down to it.

Didn’t expect to see Alice get dropped!
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: August 06, 2024, 05:29:39 pm »

Sessha fades into the background, while Willis stands up and pops an arrow, aiming right for Trence's face.  Trence tanks the arrow, remaining Badly Wounded, while Sessha fades into the glow.

This time, Trence slaps both claws at Willis!

Willis is knocked out!

Sessha then comes back in with a backstab, leaping on top of the huge creature.  Trence roars.. and falls, changing back into a kid as he does.

Trence is knocked out!

It takes a few minutes for Sessha to revive everyone, and fortunately Trence remains human and in control of himself.  The.. spirit?  Projection?  of the old dragon remains in the background, insubstantial.  Now that Trence is awake, however, it doesn't seem to be functional, standing there lifelessly and failing to respond to questions or statements.  Hands just go right through it.

..Uncle does determine that it's supposed to have more charge, and it's only getting about half the magic it's supposed to be getting, but it's pure guesswork as to if there's anything to fix.  Could be it requires an unconscious dragon to function properly.. and you don't want to fight Trence once again.

Anything else you'd like to do here?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: August 07, 2024, 01:12:21 am »

Now that everything has calmed down let's search the area and see if there's anything to loot or look at.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: August 07, 2024, 12:21:17 pm »

See what the new dragon form can do!

And ask Trence what on earth happened.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: August 10, 2024, 01:26:10 am »

+1 Also do this.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: August 11, 2024, 07:21:53 am »

It's quite mana-hungry.  15 MP, but it consumes 6 MP/turn instead of the 3 that would be expected.

Also..  it's not door-friendly.  It's a massive four-legged dragon with golden scales and purple horns, spines, and thicker purple scales over his belly.  Spines run down and along his back, ending in a smooth tail.  Unusually, there's no spikes or club to end the tail, just the spines going along his entire spine.  There are two wide horns, facing up and back from the head, and a jaw full of omnivorous teeth.  Big pointy ones in front, flat crushy ones in back.  His paws end in five claws, along with shortish, stout legs.  Not that short though, as he still stands quite tall.

You can make a fuller assessment later, but here are his combat commands.

HP: /125.  25% boost.

Fight
-> Claw Slash!  Attack one creature.
Damage ++++
-> Double Claw Slash! Attack one creature twice.  Tiring.
Damage ++++

Skills
-> Frenzy!  Attack wildly and uncontrollably.  Tiring.
Damage ++++ Attacks three times at random targets.

Magic
-> Dragonbreath.  Moderate damage, hits all, non-elemental magic damage.  Tiring.
-> Revert.  0 MP.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, I was knocked out?  And then I talked to an old dragon?  And then a golden version of myself walked up and asked me what I thought power was.

..A moment later, I was up again, and dragon, but I was very angry?  And wanted to just smash everything?  I'm glad you could knock me out.  I think I've got better control of myself now, but for a while I just wanted to smash everything."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: August 13, 2024, 05:31:29 am »

Now that we've done that let's look around and see if we can find any loot or additional info.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: August 13, 2024, 06:21:30 am »

Now that we've done that let's look around and see if we can find any loot or additional info.
+1

If not… roughly how much money do we have? It’s time for either an adventure or Valterre again, depending on the gear we can buy.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: August 13, 2024, 02:33:42 pm »

Upon your return to Valterre, you will have 16 upgrades worth.  Right now you don't have much, you bought cargo to ship back up.  Perhaps one upgrade in cash.

As for loot.. the stone furniture is worthless, the rooms only have imitations of decorations and items, and there isn't much value in a cave in itself.  However..

..there are two valuable items.  Uncle is sure that the buried magical batteries are worth a lot, but it'll take a significant amount of excavation and destruction to remove/repair them, and removing the two active and functional ones will kill the remnant of the ancient dragon.  The two nonfunctional ones might be worthless.

And there's the dragon tapestry, depicting the history of the war.  It's entirely of metallic thread, is of serious artistic merit, and is of immeasurable social and historic value.  It's also over a hundred feet long and probably weighs as much as Imperial Dragon Trence.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: August 13, 2024, 05:32:52 pm »

We really need to get that tapestry to a museum of some sort, but I'm not sure where. Maybe just leave it for now and cover everything up?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: August 13, 2024, 07:39:58 pm »

Hmm, let's take an effort to preserve our history after we've kicked the Concordat's asses. Those asshole might decide to burn the museum down if we put it in a museum.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: August 14, 2024, 03:57:49 am »

Doesn't seem like something we can move right now so Let's just cover the place up and move on for now.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 326