Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256437 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4785 on: July 17, 2024, 03:34:05 am »

"Are you a gold dragon?"

Head for the chair.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 17, 2024, 03:46:34 am »

"Are you a gold dragon?"

Head for the chair.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: July 17, 2024, 03:49:42 am »

One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 17, 2024, 05:23:48 am »

"Are you a gold dragon?"

Head for the chair.

(4)

There is a quiet response to that, but you can't make it out.

You do get closer, but the chair is very large.  You need to walk all the way around, where you come to see an very elderly human, but otherwise ordinary looking.

"I am, or I was, the third Count Todorov."

"And yes, I'm a gold dragon.  The gold dragon, to be proper.  And lets have a proper exchange of questions."

"First, how long has it been out there?  How many of us are left?"

List up to five questions for this guy.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 17, 2024, 06:33:27 am »

1. How did he survive this long?
2. What’s a gold dragon?
3. Who are the concordat?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: July 17, 2024, 10:16:03 am »

How did you survive this long?

"Well, the thing is, I didn't.  I'm dead.  Essentially, I'm in limbo, with my spirit stayed inside this building.  We weren't as prepared as we were going to be, but it was thought that my Imp form would be the most important single thing to preserve.  And it was thought that it had to be with someone to give it to the next owner.

So, I was kinda stuck, with the war long since lost and us in hiding, and well.. there was far from any guarantee that there would be another dragon with the form to come around naturally.

I don't really know what's been happening out there, since my death.  I'm preserved, but.. well, if everything's working fine, I'll be active for a couple of days before the charge runs out."

What's a gold dragon.

"Well, it isn't actually called that.. I'm an Imp dragon.  The only one.

At your questioning gaze, the elderly dragon continues.

"There are sixteen types of dragons.  Eight elemental forms, five secondary forms, and three specials.  Imps, Breaths, and Fruits.  The last three are more exotic, and are different ways of accessing the same physical type of dragon.  In general, though, think great, possibly excessive power.  Sometimes quite uncontrollable power."

Who are the concordat?

"The bastards who invaded the homelands, them and their army of sailors and rivermen.  They arrived from somewhere.  Somewhere bad.. they wouldn't talk about it much, but it wasn't this world.  There were a dozen of them, and they had all sorts of powerful magic and technologies.

They travelled a lot at first.  I saw one of them with my own eyes, once, on one of their trips to the Summer Island.  They were scouting it out in hindsight.  Scoping out our land for their later attack and destruction.  I think even then they had decided that we were to die, before they pacified the rivermen and set themselves up as kings."

He's certainly angry.  At this point he's grumbling and having trouble keeping himself from shouting.  It might have been two thousand years in the past, but for this person, the wounds are still fresh.

"They killed.  They killed and killed and wrecked and destroyed.  They'd take surrenders and then shoot us.  They'd hunt down escapees and eliminate them.  And in the end they razed the isle, razed it to flat black volcanic rock.

And they set up a memorial.  A godsdamned memorial, to those they killed.  Killed for no reason, no purpose!"

"I hope you're here to destroy them, and bury their legacy forever.  They said they were doing it for the 'forgotten people', the people of the riverland and the poor headlands that they arrived in.  I've since heard those lands are buried, swallowed up by the waves, the conquerers getting nothing for their pay."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 04:17:46 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 17, 2024, 12:56:06 pm »

Huh.

What are dragons?
Were the concordat human?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 17, 2024, 01:59:04 pm »

And what do the three special forms do?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: July 17, 2024, 02:54:46 pm »

Can't ask all three of those, so:
Huh.

What are dragons?

+1

We already used a question on "gold dragon" and got the info that Imp Dragon is one way of accessing a special dragon form with excessive, uncontrollable power. The rest we'll just have to find out on our own.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: July 17, 2024, 04:16:11 pm »

Huh.

What are dragons?

What are dragons?

"Didn't your parents.."

.."I'll make that one of my questions."

This takes a minute to get ready.

"Dragons are people.  They're not monsters.  They don't spawn like monsters.  They're born, grow up, age, and die.  We live a fair bit longer than humans, but there have never been that many of us.

We all also have a native kind of magic, where we can express one or more of our native abilities.  These are the elemental forms and the advanced forms and such.  We don't have the wild talents of humans or the impossible skills of dwarves, but what we have is our own.

..well, most of us.  There's a few that don't have the magical oomph to make it work, which isn't a whole lot of fun.  Still, those dragons can do anything other than that, just the same.

At the end of the day?  We're just people, really.  People like anyone else."

"I don't think so.  They're from another dimension and they tended to look human, but they weren't human.  Humans don't live so long, and they had to do too much work to make their items and magics work with humans.  If they were proper humans, it wouldn't have taken so long."

"Mmm.  My turn."

How long has it been out there?

How many of you are left?

What happened to your parents?

How'd you find your way here?

What is your story?

(Don't answer this last one in full.  Just name something specific you'd like to mention to the old dragon.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 01:30:30 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 18, 2024, 02:21:08 am »

I see no reason to keep anything from this guy so I say we tell him everything we know.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: July 19, 2024, 08:45:51 am »

(I'm going to need some answers with more details than that.)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: July 19, 2024, 11:04:52 am »

1. How long since what? Trisamore fell… about a thousand years ago at least. Does that help?

2. As far as Trence knows, nobody but him and, sort of, Farflame. Anyone else is hidden much more deeply than Todorov, if that’s even possible.

3. They’re dead. We can’t remember much about them. We were petrified for a very, very long time. Maybe thousands of years…

4. Tracking dragon energy with a satellite and a device. And collecting enough forms to open the seal ourselves.

5. Tell him about our family, and the people who helped us like Alice and Talent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: July 19, 2024, 09:41:45 pm »

1. How long since what? Trisamore fell… about a thousand years ago at least. Does that help?

2. As far as Trence knows, nobody but him and, sort of, Farflame. Anyone else is hidden much more deeply than Todorov, if that’s even possible.

3. They’re dead. We can’t remember much about them. We were petrified for a very, very long time. Maybe thousands of years…

4. Tracking dragon energy with a satellite and a device. And collecting enough forms to open the seal ourselves.

5. Tell him about our family, and the people who helped us like Alice and Talent.

+1

For #5, clarify that our mother appears to have petrified us somehow, which may have involved or invoked Farflame's blessing. The enchantment veeeeery slowly faded, letting enough of us leak through for Uncle to find and unpetrify us, and it's been one big adventure ever since.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: July 20, 2024, 02:04:41 am »

+1

For #5, clarify that our mother appears to have petrified us somehow, which may have involved or invoked Farflame's blessing. The enchantment veeeeery slowly faded, letting enough of us leak through for Uncle to find and unpetrify us, and it's been one big adventure ever since.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 326