Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256615 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4530 on: February 12, 2024, 12:10:54 am »

Can we use fire or acid to melt bottles closed?

You don't have any acid.  Fire could work, but your access to fire is Willis' high-powered explosion spells.  Not exactly the best for controllably melting the glass.  You could try using a campfire, but it wouldn't be the easiest thing to do.. there'd be a chance of either destroying the mist or letting it go.  You had some bombs, but nope, those seem to have been left with Uncle and Alice.

..Still, melting it a bit around the stone seems somewhat more viable.  Maybe it'll work?  Assuming the heat just doesn't kill the mist in itself.

Maybe you can ask Uncle to drop something to you?

(Attempt to destroy the mist votes are 2-1.)

Willis hits the mist with another spell.  Sessha throws more daggers.  Trence reverts, but he doesn't have any ranged attacks.  Willis goes to using his bow, and the much ignored frost arrows actually seem to do something!

Overall, the mist seems immune or virtually immune to physical damage, but elemental damage seems to hurt it.  Sessha's poison knives do seem to do something, but it isn't as effective as you would expect stacking infinite poison on one creature would be.  All the while, the mist recedes, recedes more, and roils and screeches.

After a few minutes of firing frost arrows into the thing, the diminished mist lurches and starts heading towards you, rapidly climbing the cave wall.  You have a moment to do something before the encounter starts.

Due to the nature of the area, Running is not possible.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: February 13, 2024, 05:30:58 am »

I think we should give Willis a mana potion so he can try to nuke the mist before it gets to us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: February 15, 2024, 11:57:31 am »

Okay.  Anyone else do any casting?  Sessha does have Armour One.  And Trence isn't in dragonform.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: February 15, 2024, 12:16:52 pm »

We shouldn't need the mana potion, I think. Or if we do, might want to use it a bit later with battle aura up. Unclear how deadly a DPS race this will be.

Trence: Maximum Ice + Water Dragon, Tidal Breath!
Willis: Ice Arrow!
Sessha: Armor One Willis
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: February 15, 2024, 01:40:09 pm »

Battle Aura is up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: February 15, 2024, 10:48:25 pm »

It'll probably be fine with Trence going dragon. And if it does go badly, Sessha can potion Willis while he chain-nukes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: February 16, 2024, 01:42:06 am »

We shouldn't need the mana potion, I think. Or if we do, might want to use it a bit later with battle aura up. Unclear how deadly a DPS race this will be.

Trence: Maximum Ice + Water Dragon, Tidal Breath!
Willis: Ice Arrow!
Sessha: Armor One Willis

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: February 17, 2024, 07:05:00 am »

Encounter Start!

Now facing Unknown Mist!  Willis fires one more frozen arrow into it.  Trence does not have sufficient MP to use Tidal Breath!  Sessha sets everyone up with Armour One.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: February 17, 2024, 01:28:30 pm »

...Oops. I mean, now we potion.

Sessha: Mana Potion Willis
Willis: Fireworks!
Trence: Tidal Breath!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: February 18, 2024, 05:58:29 pm »

Sessha uses a mana potion on Willis!  Everyone's MP is maxed out!

Willis casts Fireworks!  Bolts of fire streak out into the mist, the light from explosions hitting deep inside the cloud.  It shudders, but it remains impossible to tell the overall amount of damage!

Trence uses Tidal Breath, following the explosions up with a wave of deadly freezing water.  It tears through, rending temporary craters in the cloud, but the depths of the mist remain unknown.

The cloud reaches the party and engulfs them!  Or most of them.  Trence thinks his tail pokes out of the cloud, mostly due to it not being in pain.

The party is torn into by the odd effect of the mist.  Armour is ignored, but defense buffs like the yellow aura from ArmourOne seems to help!

Everyone takes 20 damage!  Ten of it is semi-permanent.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 09:54:34 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: February 19, 2024, 02:29:28 am »

Trence > Claw Slash!
Willis > Scan Crystal!
Sessha > Trick Shot

We know magic damage probably works, so let's figure out how it responds to physical, poison, and scan crystals.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: February 19, 2024, 04:20:42 am »

Trence > Claw Slash!
Willis > Scan Crystal!
Sessha > Trick Shot

We know magic damage probably works, so let's figure out how it responds to physical, poison, and scan crystals.
+1

Well darn… scan crystal is definitely the smart play, should have done it much earlier.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: February 20, 2024, 01:59:34 am »

Trence > Claw Slash!
Willis > Scan Crystal!
Sessha > Trick Shot

+1

Well darn… scan crystal is definitely the smart play, should have done it much earlier.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 20, 2024, 11:12:23 am »

Trence uses Claw Slash!  It has no effect!

Willis uses Scan Crystal!

Spoiler: Scan Info (click to show/hide)

Sessha Uses Trick Shot!  Oddly, the swarm can be hit critically.  Unfortunately, being a swarm and being immune to physical, the knives are only able to remove a tiny bit of the mist.

The mist surrounding the party surges again.  Everyone takes 18 damage from the burning / tearing mist, 9 of which is semi-permanent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 20, 2024, 03:47:35 pm »

So it was nanobots after all! Or living radiation maybe.

Trence > Tidal Beath!
Willis > Ice Arrow!
Sessha > Sonic Stun
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 326