Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256614 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4500 on: January 30, 2024, 04:42:24 am »

Man this place seems terrible with it's mists that give chemical burns.

Since the howl was so close this time I say we go after it and try to find the thing made it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: January 30, 2024, 11:21:42 am »

Intelligent mists that give chemical burns.  And numb the subject so they sleep through them.

This is not a good place to be!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: February 01, 2024, 09:43:36 pm »

We keep finding out why the robots left this place alone. I mean, aside from not making and failing a jump check to vault over the chasm in the first place.

That machine we found is probably a probe. The nodules (and maybe the crystals) are probably valuable, but it got mauled by... whatever this nonsense is. Cavern wendigos? Mistform vampires? Really stealthy owlbears?

Explore the east crawl.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: February 02, 2024, 02:15:39 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: February 02, 2024, 08:05:27 pm »

The east crawl is refreshingly shorter than the squeeze to the stardust room.  It's also slightly more roomy, being a good twenty to twenty-four inches tall.  Tight, but not quite so frightening as the stardust crawl.

Unfortunately, it turns more than ninety degrees to start heading down and south and west.  The turn is difficult, and requires a lot of turning and repositioning.  Although more roomy than the stardust crawl, you do not want to have to go through in a hurry.

The next room is half-vertical, heading up, down, and more to the south and west.  It's full of the blocky stones, this time in piles with pillars crossing the gap in several locations, resembling the interior of some odd tree-like shape, with stone beams and pillars cutting the room into pieces and blocky stone floors.  There are some other metal veins shining in the walls.. could be some good loot, maybe.

More importantly is the big puddle of gray mist below you, sitting in a pool some twenty or thirty feet down below, filling the bottom of the chamber.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: February 02, 2024, 08:41:44 pm »

Aha! Found you now!

...diplomacy? Sneak attack? Slowly numb and dissolve him in his sleep, see how he likes it?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: February 02, 2024, 11:20:31 pm »

Fiah breath!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: February 03, 2024, 03:00:50 am »

Vomit poison on it and see if that kills it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: February 03, 2024, 03:40:07 am »

Bold text for orders, please.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: February 03, 2024, 12:29:18 pm »

How many ragers is the pool of mist? Would a hit group attack hit it? What about individual?
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: February 03, 2024, 01:03:54 pm »

It's in range if you want to attack it.  Mists is something new to everyone, but it seems reasonable that area attacks would be more effective against it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: February 03, 2024, 08:46:42 pm »

Man this is really weird. I assume if it was a creature somebody would know about it, but... what other option is there? Something caused it to seep up into the basecamp and try to dissolve us, and something (else?) is howling really loud. So either monsters can be living mist or something is able to control it without us sensing what it is.

We're not inside a giant naturally formed robot, are we? And the mist is stomach acid or immune system or something?

Let's poke the bear.

Have Trence- still in human form- roar really loudly. See how the mist responds.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: February 03, 2024, 10:24:33 pm »

Trence, as a human, can't roar.  He can make human sounds.

He also can't really roar in whelp form.  He has tried, but it comes across as really cute mewling.  The only forms which can really roar are the advanced ones.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: February 04, 2024, 06:03:42 am »

Have Trence- still in human form- roar really loudly. See how the mist responds.

Shouting doesn't do anything.

..although.. the mist is roiling a bit.  Is it moving, somewhere inside itself?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: February 04, 2024, 06:25:26 am »

Sorry, that should have said "targets", not "ragers". Perils of pfp.

We could attempt to talk to the mist or whatever's inside it, but it has already attacked us. I suspect it is some kind of void entity, just not the possessing void creatures described in the legends, as it's still alive and didn't oneshot Willis.

Might be time to find out what kind of weaknesses void enemies have - I say we hit it with every element we can.

Willis: Meditation
Sessha: Lethal Poison

Trence: Ice Dragon
Willis: Battle Aura.
Sessha: Armor One Willis

Willis: Tsunami
Sessha: Flurry of Daggers
Trence: Arctic Breath
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 326