Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256809 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4275 on: November 08, 2023, 04:43:35 am »

"The sword?"  He says, with the corners of his mouth twisting up.

"No."

"Its scabbard?  Yes."

"Quite the job, making a scabbard to hold a multiphasic greater R-transitive quasi psycrystal weapon.

Plus whatever else they did to it."

"But that's more armour talk..  you were talking weapons?  Or were you interested in some new armour as well?  I see you've got some pretty good +4 breastplates, but there's still room to improve.."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: November 08, 2023, 05:07:25 am »

This man is terrible at secrets.

Find a plausible break in the conversation, huddle up and ask Uncle what a Molten Fey-sick Greaterer Transitive… thing is.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 08, 2023, 09:22:50 am »

Sounds like stabbing people with a hole in reality.

...If you can make a scabbard, you can make an armor to resist it, right? :p

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 08, 2023, 09:25:02 am »

Ask why the scabbard is more like armor talk! Aren't scabbards for weapons?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 08, 2023, 11:12:23 pm »

+1

Armor is also good, but it's harder to think of something really specific and cool to put on armor that allows us to be amazing.

...though really, this guy is probably the jackpot. We're talking to a man whose explicit job was making something that stops the sword from doing sword things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 09, 2023, 03:03:28 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 09, 2023, 05:29:45 am »

It'll take a while talking everything over after the meeting, but you are able to get a lot of interesting information

-How Valterre kills things isn't because of what it's made of or how it's shaped.  It has to do with its enchantments or magic.
-What it is made of and how it's shaped is important.
-It's some kind of shapeshifting sword, being whatever kind of sword is appropriate for the situation.  This makes stuff like disarming or disabling attacks much less effective.  Given Spar Hessom is a high level adventurer with good saves, it might make them impossible.  Don't try to make Spar miss a turn, she could have 120% resistance or something akin to it.
-The scabbard had a bunch of technical stuff that isn't relevant to defense.. some things to make the sword take one specific form, so it can be sheathed.  But that doesn't do you any good, as it just means you still would get stabbed by a sword.
-Although there is one point that might be relevant.  He was told that the scabbard materials couldn't be vulnerable to any elements.  So there is probably an elemental factor to how Valterre kills stuff.

Also, we are interested in armor, if he does that.  We're also interested in synergystic armor + weapon effects.

"Well, Bane Metal isn't much good for armour.  But I can make you some sets of +5 armour.  Which one of you wants a set?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 10, 2023, 01:05:46 am »

If it's bypassing instadeath protection it might well be effectively killing things instantly rather than doing so via an actual "kill thing" status ailment, so some kind of elemental shenanigans might make sense.

Ask if he knows anyone else who worked on it, or anyone who knows that. Decline +5 armor and find someone who does special orders. Ask about our options there.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 10, 2023, 03:11:03 am »

If it's bypassing instadeath protection it might well be effectively killing things instantly rather than doing so via an actual "kill thing" status ailment, so some kind of elemental shenanigans might make sense.

Ask if he knows anyone else who worked on it, or anyone who knows that. Decline +5 armor and find someone who does special orders. Ask about our options there.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 10, 2023, 03:25:38 am »

Ask if the scabbard effect could have been made stronger.

It might be useful to restrict the weapon’s shape when we fight Spar. I doubt we’ll be able to make it unusable, but she may not be as effective when wielding two bear traps on a chain attached to a ten foot pole.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 12, 2023, 12:27:26 am »

That's the one that gets him to clamp up a bit.  No, he's not giving you another person to interrogate.

As for the custom armour, what do you want on your pizza?  Don't need to go elsewhere for a pizza, just gotta say what you need.

Ask if the scabbard effect could have been made stronger.

"It's a sword.  There's no stronger effect than something that makes it only one type of sword."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 12, 2023, 01:48:58 am »

Damn.

What do we want on our pizza?

Elemental resists, specifically resist all
Elemental absorption
Status immunities
Can armor do things based on, say, the user's attacks? Could we get armor that provides a benefit while wielding poisoned weapons or triggers an effect when we successfully poison something?
Mana regen
Counter/reflect abilities

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 12, 2023, 01:50:48 am »

Damn.

What do we want on our pizza?

Elemental resists, specifically resist all
Elemental absorption
Status immunities
Can armor do things based on, say, the user's attacks? Could we get armor that provides a benefit while wielding poisoned weapons or triggers an effect when we successfully poison something?
Mana regen
Counter/reflect abilities

+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 12, 2023, 02:26:01 pm »

"Elemental resists are pretty easy, unless you're talking about Void.  Can even do some materials choices to leave the rest open for enchantment."

"Resist All.. well, the easiest way to get that is to get armour that has an Elemental Armour spell as its enchantment, then do a plain suit.  That's fairly tricky, but it'll free up an accessory slot if you use a ring, because they won't stack."

"If you do want them to stack, that's.. well, it's hard and tricky, but possible.  It'd be best to pick all save element X, which is weak, and then you cover that with a gold-or-better Emblem.
And yeah, that's assuming you don't want Void Resistance too.  That's probably too much."

"Outside of Death, there really isn't a status immunity thing.  But you're high level adventurers and you probably have good saves.  Get yourself a 20 or 30% bonus and it'll be just as good."

"Armour that interacts with weapons?  Generally no, unless you're using alchemically-treated armour that has weapon effects on it.  If you've got something specific in mind, though, let me know and maybe I'll take a crack at it."

"What do you want mana regen for?  Doesn't it come back after fighting already?  If you want it in-combat, it's better to have that sort of thing on a staff, not armour."

"Counter/Reflect..
Something to grant a skill or boost the power of a skill is workable.  Do you have a skill in mind?"
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 326