Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84509 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 3: Blazing Hearts
« Reply #1335 on: September 23, 2021, 03:57:51 am »

"It does seem around the time for a pep talk, huh." Delwyn glanced up at Orrel's speech as she lounged around the edges of her class, not particularly motivated to hassle the newcomer with the others just yet.

Even though her usual demeanor wasn't prone to betraying it, there was a sort of strange energy hanging about her today, a foreign sense of uneasiness.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 23, 2021, 09:35:02 am »

Ricardo moved forward holding his guitar over his shoulder, quietly examining his surroundings before some folks directed their words towards him-however his interest ended up focusing on the one who chose to compliment both his name and outfit-Because of course.
"Ah? What is this? Someone who can appreciate my fine tastes in clothes AND my name? Truly you are a wise one, lady!"
"And you stand correct-I am indeed a performer; but one of a kind! For they call me..."
With a spin of his guitar, he finished his sentence.
"CACTUS...BANDITO."
"Which, of course is my artist name. And I do appreciate such warm welcome, of course, of course! Even if it seems I arrived in a peculiar time!"
"Oh yes, the tournament...Fear not, for this guitar is not merely played for songs! It is played to cause PaaaAaain!"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 23, 2021, 10:03:25 am »

"... I see. And your guitar can inflict pain, you say. That is good."

After a second or two, Kruger began to ponder.

"Then again, your little intermezzo when you presented your stage persona was not an unpleasant tone, and I doubt the guitar is a suitable weapon for bludgeoning. I fail to see how you can inflict pain with that..."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 23, 2021, 04:14:30 pm »

"Cactus... Bandito..." Astrea did not sound amused as she let out a groan. With Reeve, Astrea has been used to it for a while and honestly she finds her over-the-top attitude quite endearing. Though for some reason this, Ricardo Rosseau, is just hitting all the wrong buttons for her. Maybe it was something with her delivery? Was it the guitar? Yea, probably the guitar that just makes everything louder/harder to ignore. Either way, its tolerable... for now. Lets hope it stays that way.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 23, 2021, 06:19:15 pm »

Honestly Ricardo wasn't expecting to deal with someone so...dense, but honestly? For the kind of bard he was, this was a good thing.
"Kruger, Kruger. You are what I call an avocado, yes. Don't miss the details of what I just said!"
"It is -played- to cause pain, avocado Kruger. That means I will not use it to clobber friends! That would ruin my guitar, yes, yes."
"Surely you now must understand that I was hinting at my Arte. My art and Arte can be quite vicious! Now then, I shall just take my seat for now."
Ricardo briefly tapped the tip of his hat before moving away to look for a seat to claim.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 23, 2021, 07:38:15 pm »

"Hmmm... I do not like being called an avocado..."

He flashes a smile.

"But, knowing that they contain a large seed inside, I appreciate that you acknowledge my vast potential with that comparison. You will fit in our class just fine with such keen observations."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1341 on: September 24, 2021, 08:26:32 am »

". . . I have no idea what calling someone an avocado is supposed to mean."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 28, 2021, 10:47:53 am »

"Attention, everyone!"

In front of you, Professor Carver, the headmaster of the academy, steps onto stage, a microphone in hand. At this, the hustle and bustle of the campus stops, if only for a few minutes to take in what will be said.
"Thank you, everyone. Today marks the beginning of the week-long Solrise Academy Intra-Class Exhibition Tournament. This will be a demonstration of Solrise's finest students' skills, an exhibition of our students' immense talents, amazing skills and above all else, a celebration of how far we, as the Elerian Order and as a society, have advanced in our fight against the Fiends and Calamities."

Professor Carver clears his throat.

"Firstly, the campus will be open to non-Solrise students and staff for the next two weeks. Stalls will be open for refreshments, and run by Solrise students and staff. If anyone would like to inquire how to attend or fund our institution, Professor Greyhame will be available to ask any questions. Accomodation will be provided nearby by our lovely Professor Ververs, and if anyone does not wish to make use or already has accomodation planned, there will be regular shuttles from the city to Solrise.

Secondly, and the thing you have all been waiting for, the battles. As you are aware, we have been reduced to three classes on the combat course. Class 3-A, Class 3-C, and Class 3-F will be fighting in a round robin-style tournament. In two days, the first fight will be between Class 3-F and Class 3-C. Two days after that, there will be Class 3-C against Class 3-A. The final fight will be Class 3-A against Class 3-F. The winner of the most fights between these classes will be the victor of the tournament overall. So, Solrise students, I ask only one thing of you; to do your best and demonstrate the greatness of our academy to the world!

That is all from me. Please, continue to enjoy your day."

The headmaster steps back down, muted applause following him, and the campus revives once more.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 28, 2021, 12:04:22 pm »

Kruger joined the applauding of the crowd.

"To the point, and a lot of information condensed into just the right amount of verbal chunks to make it easy to listen to. A true mark of an institutional leader."

His hands slowly ceased to clap as he adresses the class.

"In two days, we will attend battle against class C once more... And this time, the stakes are higher than ever."
"Their loss last time will have motivated them into raising their personal limits, but we have improved just the same. Plus, we have the luck of having a longer rest as we are involved in the first and last fight. There is only one logical outcome for us: Victory after both us and them have shown the most of each classmates' abilities, and let the audience bear witness to both our and their formidable cooperation. Two days shall be enough to bring Astrea and Ricardo up to speed about their abilities."
"Class A is what I'm more worried about. We haven't had the opportunity to experience their class-wide teamwork yet. Even worse, similar to our class, they have received two newcomers this year. I don't know much about them, just that the male newcomer, Felix, has earned two First and five Second places in the Erebian Exhibition Tournament. It is of utmost importance that we must watch the fight between class A and class C, to plan our approach with those two variables in mind."

He takes a deep breath before slowly opening his eyes, looking at the class again.

"... I must have bored you with my ramblings, haven't I. You're not just here for the fights, but also for the festive atmosphere, I am most certain. There is no need to strategize now if we can do the same in two days."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1344 on: September 28, 2021, 12:24:37 pm »

"Not really looking forward to having people running around everywhere," Lin grumbled. "And that's without the chance of someone recognizing me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 28, 2021, 12:30:56 pm »

"I emphasize with you. I've seen Starfall students being guided around here, so the chance of someone recognizing me is very high..."
"... very, very high."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1346 on: September 28, 2021, 12:31:59 pm »

". . . do you want a leg to throw at them?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 28, 2021, 12:42:45 pm »

"I have already come to the conclusion that there will be some in the crowds who happen to recognize me. After all, I did travel quite a bit before enrolling at Solrise, so word of my exploits are bound to have spread to certain places. Even if they haven't, this event is a perfect chance for us to demonstrate who we are. I doubt that there will be even one person leaving this event without talking about our grandeur."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 28, 2021, 01:35:18 pm »

"Yup! I do prefer to think more about the festive part of this! A fine opportunity to have some fun indeed!"
"That and perhaps get the chance to play a few songs here and there! Can't be a party without proper music!
"Ah! The sweet, sweet taste of cheers and applause! It is good to know someone else is eager for that-Reeve, correct? The stage shall be ours."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 28, 2021, 03:16:26 pm »

"... I must have bored you with my ramblings, haven't I. You're not just here for the fights, but also for the festive atmosphere, I am most certain. There is no need to strategize now if we can do the same in two days."

"No no, I myself don't mind. If anything I quite enjoy strategizing before a big event such as this. Perhaps we may go into more depth into this later? I think it would be enjoyable and benefit the class as a whole."

"Not really looking forward to having people running around everywhere," Lin grumbled. "And that's without the chance of someone recognizing me."

"Oh yea... I never considered with all these people around we might get recognized. Ugh, I hope my family name won't be brought up anytime this week." Astrea begins rubbing her forehead, getting a headache just thinking about it.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 113