Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84571 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2020, 09:30:56 am »

"..."
"Hmm..."

And thus, Kruger started to work alongside Arnett, seemingly in thought right now. After roughly ten minutes have passed, Kruger approaches the younger Sokolov again.

"Excuse me, Arnett, but I couldn't help thinking about it... ... Was there a particular reason you greeted me so informally, downright casually, earlier just now? I don't mean no harm, but..."

He paused for a second.

"... but I don't see a reason why you would adress me like a friend, when I haven't witnessed anything that would justify you seeing me as an acquaintance, considering I haven't been... fair to you most of the time. Am I missing something? Or misunderstanding something?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2020, 02:27:01 pm »

Mus'ad nods at Lin's unprompted fact with a smile. He watches the ingot in the forge for a few seconds after Lin finishes before turning back to her to respond.
"Wanting to improve yourself is fine and all, but that doesn't change the fact that you're really good at this. My father always said that ignoring your own talents is almost as bad as not using them to their fullest..."
Mus'ad shrugs and starts to lean back against a nearby anvil, but his eyes flash gold for a moment and he decides against it.
"Ah, but you probably don't care much about what my dad thinks... So what, or who, do you mean by "the coats", if you don't mind my asking?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 19, 2020, 02:44:55 pm »

"Excellent. Then I just have a form for you to sign. You can read it if you like, it's just explaining the details of your transfer. Your current exam grades will be taken as they are for the purposes of determining your pass grade, but as you passed all of them I don't expect any issues in that regard. You'll also need to be moved into the third year dorms, of course, but you will need to take that up with the dorm coordinator."
Professor Estelle passes Astrea a sheet of paper and a pen to sign with. The paper, when examined, explains the terms of Astrea's transfer, which are effectively the same as that Professor Estelle just explained.

"Just passing through, is all. I always spend some time here when I can. Always funny how they think the Sculptor was some sort of elegant and refined woman in white."
Professor Ververs chuckles to herself, as laughing at a joke only she would get.

Freddie wipes some sweat from his brow, looking up from his work.
"Huh. I get that. My ma and pa got me into jazz. They're travelling musicians, see, and they wanted some way to help me deal with my Arte, so the doctors recommended I get into the family business. Easy to do when your Arte is sound-based."

"It's real nice to see you outside, as an artist! You know, it's nice to take in the outdoors! Helps with inspiration!"

"....I see."
"We'll continue this later, Katarina. It was a good fight."
"Mhm."

She nods, almost frowning, before walking away. Theodora simply smiles.

"I can relate. Andreas is much the same way when we're training. He....needs to be a little more aware of the basics sometimes. So, what's up?"

Mus'ad
As Mus'ad enters the library, he finds Alicia pacing around one of the communal areas, pacing and muttering to herself, looking clearly agitated.
Quote from: Mus'ad
Mus'ad helps out at the Forge!
Mus'ad earns 200 thalers!
Mus'ad also gains Whetstones x2!

Mus'ad continues his Personal Study!
Personal Study Progress 1/3 -> 2/3

Mus'ad studies at the Library!
Mus'ad gains 1 point of RES!

Mordecai
Mordecai rounds his way into the tuck shop. It's a small affair, a small stone building tucked into some corner of the plaza just outside of the hustle and bustle of the market. An array of candies is on display, ranging from licorice and gobstoppers, local favorites, to some exotic candies imported from abroad; saltwater taffy, favoured in some Vespallian states, dried mangoes from the island nation of Maharlika in southeastern Lyria and even some brand of cereals; Peachy Penelope's Popping Puffs with an image of Theodora on it from her tournament days, and of course the old standard, Cornell's Corn Flakes, a Vespallian favorite that had somehow made its way across the world.

Felix is manning the counter. He nods at Mordecai.
"Welcome to the Academy Tuck Shop, all proceeds from this shop go to student funding for extracurricular activity. Though, I'd suppose you'd already know that if you've been here for three years, Mordecai. Sorry, force of habit. Anyway, in addition to foreign delicacies, we also got some special order items here that Cowan and Cowan don't carry. We only have a few in stock, so I'm afraid I can't let you buy up the whole set, even if I wanted to. Especially after the last person tried to make off with some of our better pieces."
Spoiler: Tuck Shop (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Mordecai
Mordecai brews a concoction at the Alchemical Labs!
Mordecai gains +3 DR for the next battle!

Mordecai continues his Personal Study!
Personal Study Progress 0/3 -> 1/3

Mordecai trains at the Training Rooms!
Mordecai gains 1 point of Speed!

Mordecai prays at the Shrine!
Mordecai gains 1 point of CON!

Rika
As Rika finds her way into the farmer's market, she stops at one stall, that seems to be carrying.....well, almost everything known to man that you could possibly eat.
"Welcome to Anna's Market Emporium, how can I help you today?"
Spoiler: Farmer's Market (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rika
Rika helps out at the Greenhouse!
Rika earns 100 thalers!
(22, 3)
Rika also gains x1 Peas!

Rika helps out at the Stables!
Rika earns 100 thalers!
Rika also earns 1 Academy Scrip!

Rika is committed to the Dining Room!

Cattleya
As Cattleya walks into the sauna, she sees Idunn, her massive frame wrapped in a towel, sitting down and enjoying the steamy air.
"So, looking to relax? You must, after all that work you put in that fight we had."
Quote from: Cattleya
Cattleya studies at the Library!
Cattleya gains 2 points of RES!

Cattleya trains at the Training Rooms!
Cattleya gains 1 point of DEF!
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:53:53 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #588 on: November 19, 2020, 03:03:47 pm »

"Weapons still aren't my forte. You're better off asking for help with the chopped off parts, not for doing the chopping." Her expression didn't shift much, but the pointed tip of her tail swished back and forth lightly. This motion turned sharper as she moved to answer the question, becoming another staccato twitch. "I used to live with a bunch of researchers. Poked me about my Arte all the time. That was before I moved in with Uncle Hansi." She pulled a lump of glowing metal out of the forge vaguely resembling an axe blade, frowned, and shoved it back in.

"Makes sense." She nodded at Freddie. "Music is nice for a lot of things. That reminds me, I need to draw some wires later. And I need a new foot plate. I think I've got a better design for the runner..."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:42:53 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 19, 2020, 03:14:40 pm »

Seeing the agitated Alicia, Mus'ad shrugs, putting aside his plans for the time being to instead walk over to her.
"Is something wrong? You're wearing a hole in the carpet you know."
Mus'ad says with a small chuckle.

Mus'ad nods with a hum, drumming his fingers on his arm as he waits for what he feels is a good time to speak again.
"What are your tastes in music anyway? I imagine you liked Vicky's style since you were friends, but is there anything else you tend to listen to?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 19, 2020, 03:36:59 pm »

Mordecai looked up from the book he was reading (an interesting, if outdated, treatise on how artes might be used) at his classmate's greeting.

: "Mus'ad, good to see you. What brings you to the library today?"

At the tuck shop, Mordecai looked at Felix quizzically.

: "'Tried to make off'? What happened, did someone try to steal from the shop?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 19, 2020, 04:36:38 pm »

Making sure to at least read over the paper once to make sure there wasn't any stipulations, Astrea took the pen and etched her signature into the page. "Alright! Paper signed!" She handed back the paper to Professor Estelle. She could barely contain her excitement as it plastered itself as a big grin across her face. "So, where would I be able to find the dorm coordinator? I'd like to get this process started as soon as possible!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #592 on: November 19, 2020, 04:52:22 pm »

"Depends on what I'm doing." She checked another pair of half-wrought parts as she spoke, her metal foot scraping the ground as she drifted back and forth at her workstation. "Sometimes I just want to calm down, sometimes I need to focus. Different kinds of music are good for that." After determining that everything she had needed a bit more heating, she unceremoniously flopped onto a stool nearby.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 19, 2020, 05:00:23 pm »

Rika buys a Mudfish because Cattleya deserves the expensive stuff for trying her best. She will also get +15 Hit from the Labs and hit the Library for +1 Skill.

The country cowgirl was taking a nice break in the sauna. After getting her hands dirty tending to the crops and the livestock, it felt good to sweat it out and clean up.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:54:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 19, 2020, 05:15:40 pm »

Mus'ad taps his own book on the table, this one being a collection of legends from various places around the world.
"Ah, well, I had a... perhaps odd theory recently. As you know, my arte allows me to see into the future. Well, as I thought it is not as unique as I thought... Which made me think, why has no one developed a way to do so without an arte like mine? So I've been studying the subject in hopes of maybe creating such a marvel myself... Hm, now that I think about it, does your homeland have any stories about prophets or diviners?"
Mus'ad takes a seat next to Mordecai, leaning on his elbow as he looks to him.

Mus'ad nods, eyeing Lin's metal leg with slight curiosity as she sits.
"Hm, I understand that. Personally I am a fan of jazz but I also know how to play a bit of violin myself... Well, most of it is more "common" tunes that I know. I always thought my instructor didn't like me and I returned the notion."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 19, 2020, 06:00:46 pm »

Mordecai arched an eyebrow.

: "Shouldn't you know already if we did? No, never mind. I don't pretend to understand how your Arte works." The vampire closed his book, giving the matter at hand more attention.

: "I wouldn't say we do have any such stories, to be honest; most of my clan has enough to worry about in the present, and we tend to focus on our history rather than the future. Some of the elders do have designs and hopes for the future, but as far as I know those are solidly grounded in the mundane rather than any sort of fortune telling."

: "We do have one such figure, I suppose; the vampire Boladry and her powers of prophecy, who supposedly lived centuries ago. The problem is that many of her prophecies lean heavily toward the gloomy sort, and most either failed or have not yet come to pass; for instance, her vision that Yamajira would sink into the sea in the 10th century. Obviously, this did not happen."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 19, 2020, 06:22:52 pm »

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"A runner...?"

"Yeah, some local kids came in to buy some gobstoppers and one of them made off with an enchanted shield. Got it back, but we're keeping some of our stock under lock and key for a while."

"The dorm coordinator should just be at the dorms, but if you'd like instead, you could go introduce yourself to your new class."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 19, 2020, 07:11:11 pm »

"I see. I was just finishing my own meditation, so I lack much of a reason to stick around here" Reeve admitted, taking a few moments to stretch her arms after her considerably long time sitting down,

"Hm... I will say, it would make sense that the Goddess is regularly regarded as grand and elegant. True beauty is often considered to be related to divine grace."

Reeve will spend the first of her last two activity points at the Library in order to increase her Res by 1. She will then, surprisingly enough, hit up the Training Area, increasing her Speed by 1.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #598 on: November 19, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »

"A foot. For running. They're annoying." She tapped the one she was using on the floor for emphasis. It was a bulky, almost crude-looking thing, made of simple shapes and joins; it was fairly obvious this one was not, in fact, a "runner." "I have another design I want to test. I think I can cut the weight without losing strength. Last design was already falling apart after the first test."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 19, 2020, 07:32:40 pm »

"Mmm, I think I need to learn when to stay quiet still. Especially with my brother, if I'm being honest."

Now time for the real reason he was here

"As for why I'm here, I owe you something. Specifically, a match. Ours during the mock battle got cut short by... unforeseen circumstances, obviously, so I'm here for the rematch. I know how it's likely to end, especially after that showing you just gave, but what you faced earlier wasn't what I wanted to give. So I figured lets try this for real this time."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 113