Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84508 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2020, 03:38:42 pm »

Once more, Reeve froze when it was pointed out that the direction she was going... Wasn't the correct way either. For a moment, it seemed like the Polyion heir would try to salvage the situation she was in with her trademark dramatics, but instead her shoulders fell as she let out a sigh.

"Then, um... Which way is it again?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2020, 05:26:44 pm »

"Well, I do aim to please. As you know, I never make empty promises when it comes to my results" Reeve commented as she put down her mixing bowl, sliding over three pie plates in order to handle the crust-making process of her meal.

: "Well, you certainly defeated that giant automaton after saying you would. Nice work, by the way."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2020, 05:55:25 pm »

"Then, um... Which way is it again?"
"Why, it's right this way."
Cattleya began to lead the pair in the right direction.
"Do you have a plan of action for when we get there?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2020, 03:08:30 pm »

-gibe loods-
Professor Ververs visibly groans.
"Aw, man. Then again, you know Professor Greyhame. Never late or early, always on time, but never on time when you really NEED him to be."
She carefully plants some seeds in a different section of the greenhouse, gently forming a mound of soil over the seed.

Kaya puts a finger to her chin in thought.
"Hum. I dunno. I was going to maybe....see what work I could get done around, you know? And then maybe go over and check out some of the societies? I've been meaning to join some."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2020, 03:24:28 pm »

After a somewhat disappointing session of work at the forge (she'd hoped to do more actual forging,) Lin headed in the direction of the dining hall. Vicky was making food for the two later, of course, but some sweets to nibble on wouldn't hurt, and she might bump into the other Belgor girl in the process.

However, her habit of walking with her hood up and her head down, combined with the stress of the day, led to a rather different meeting and quite nearly a more literal bump. She looked up to apologize to whoever she'd nearly collided with, only to realize it was Kruger.
"Oh." The polite response died in her throat, but nothing came up to replace it, so she simply stared at him for a moment in awkward silence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2020, 03:37:21 pm »

And thus, Kruger got nearly bumped by Lin. He looks at her in surprise, but seems to calm down quick.

"Oh. Greetings, Sieglinde."

He stands in awkward silence and stares at Lin for a short moment before his eyes shift away slightly, as per the norm with him.

"I apologize for my comment during the test. I did not consider that your Arte is one of raw power, and that, naturally, it would be harder to learn fine control over it compared to an utility Arte like mine."
"I completely respect your capability to use it even while knowing its inherent risks."

Kruger shifts his body stance somewhat away from her, back towards the horizon he was admiring earlier, while simultaneously making space for her to walk past him.

"I know that this meeting was accidental, so I will no longer inconvenience your path towards the dining hall. I will join all of you soon."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2020, 04:19:13 pm »

Kruger's apologetic attitude threw Lin off. She'd been mentally rehearsing the argument she'd expected to start whenever the topic came up again; this was something she was unprepared for. Still, it wasn't the only reason she'd been upset with Kruger; his attitude after the battle hadn't helped, either.
"I think you had me and Arnett switched back there," she said cryptically. Unfortunately for Kruger, there was no clarification forthcoming; she looked back at him expectantly, remaining where she was.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:38:48 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2020, 05:28:16 pm »

Kruger looks at Lin with a puzzled look.

"... Pardon? 'Back there' is quite the ambiguous term. Before the test, when I foolishly thought little of Arnett's capabilities? During the test, when I have asked for your assistance, or when I have noted Arnett's instinct for positioning?"
"... Or maybe because, after the test, I specifically mentioned Arnett taking a risk with being close to the frontline, but not mentioned you taking a risk by sacrificing your well-being against the giant automata?"
"Alas, I fear that I might require you to pinpoint what you mean with 'back there', Sieglinde."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:48:12 pm by SirAston »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2020, 06:15:15 pm »

"Well, to be honest, I was just planning on laying the situation out clearly. We don't know what is the root of this problem, but it's something that needs to be handled, and if they have a care for their position, they'll work past their differences for the betterment of the Academy. So, something like..." Reeve explained, clearing her throat as she and Cattleya walked before taking a more authoritarian tone,

"Excuse me, Union President and Vice-President. As you know, I am Reeve Von Anextra Polyion the Third, and due to anonymous rumors and requests, I have taken it upon myself to come to you and handle an issue you two are struggling with. Specifically, the issue that's preventing you from accomplishing your duties, stemming from what I believe is an innate disagreement between you. Therefor, as a representative of the collective opinion of the Academy, I am pleased to assist you both in settling that disagreement."

"How does that sound?"

"Again, thank you. It was fairly trivial, but it's nice to be praised for wondrous success."

"You were very impressive yourself Hoth. You came down upon our foes at full force, right from the start. I might just have a rival when it comes to magical talent."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2020, 06:46:13 pm »

"During the test. You seemed to think Arnett was worried about getting hurt. I'm pretty sure he's actually worried about being useless." She gave a slight shrug. "I don't know, but I do know that your 'concern' was just making him feel worse."
"And I don't care whether I get hurt or whether you think I'm powerful or not. I get hurt all the time." Her mouth twisted slightly as she searched for how to properly express her thoughts.
"But yeah, I don't think you really understand the difference between my Arte and yours."
GM of Trespassers V2.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2020, 06:58:58 pm »

Arnett arrived at the store, and tried to make it quick as he browsed the selections. He noticed some nice staves— some of them looked rather tricky to adapt into paint form, but he was willing to give it a try. He looked at the Rescue staff— how could he make painting with a long-ranged staff work? It gave him some uncertainty, but he was going to try anyway... even if he couldn't get it ready by the time the next battle approached.

"Excuse me, may I have that Rescue staff, please?" Arnett said, putting some of the winnings plus his earnings from doing jobs around the campus. He was blissfully unaware of Vicky's presence, though he mostly just didn't want to get in her way— she was just shopping, no reason for him to pull her aside...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2020, 07:04:54 pm »

As Cattleya and Reeve walk into the Union room, they notice a few things.

The Union room, as with just about every single clubroom, has a row of windows overlooking the back of Solrise Academy, looking out over the dormitories, Aubray Lake (and the testing site) and the playing fields in the distance. In this specific room, several filing cabinets and dressers line the wall, with a pair of red velvet couches around a coffee table -a leftover from the Light Music Club, the previous owners of the room- and several desks at which the Union members can work. On the coffee table are several forms applying for budgets from various societies.

On top of one of the couches is Joel, who is currently being straddled by Himiko, who is currently holding a roll of tape in her hands, one end rolled out in her hand and stuck to her thumb, and both of them are looking right at Reeve and Cattleya.

"This.....this is official Union business!"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2020, 02:31:44 am »

"During the test. You seemed to think Arnett was worried about getting hurt. I'm pretty sure he's actually worried about being useless." She gave a slight shrug. "I don't know, but I do know that your 'concern' was just making him feel worse."
"Hmmm..."
"... Was he really worried about being useless, despite being a healer?"
"If that is the case, I must have critically misjudged him. His and Orrel's situation. That is a mistake I have to live with though, sadly."

"But yeah, I don't think you really understand the difference between my Arte and yours."
"Each Arte is unique, as I've implied earlier. I can only do approximations and assumptions if I am not told about their specifics, and even then, as biological parts of ourselves, they can develop, be further studied, and there have been cases where people discovered their Arte works in a different way than initially assumed, because the end result is so similar."
"For example, if I wouldn't have told you that my scarf serves a secondary function of keeping my neck warm to provide ideal temperatures for the organ my Arte developed to energize my vocal cords, quickening the whole process, you would probably have believed that this scarf is just some simple fashion falderal."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:11:39 am by SirAston »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2020, 08:09:46 am »

"Well. . . you mentioned fine control. I've been working for as long as I can remember to get this much control. I'm trying not to cook you right now." She paused for a moment, mentally re-orienting herself in the conversation.
"What I'm trying to say is that you're working to use your Arte. I have to work to not use it."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2020, 08:40:20 am »

"I see. I misjudged your control over your Arte based on a wrong perspective. Thank you for informing me."
"And to say that you have to work to not use it... ... I think I begin to understand you more, just a little bit."

Kruger looks at the horizon for a moment, then back to Lin with a reluctant smile.

"I can definitely say from first-hand experience that your long-life efforts to control your Arte were not in vain, given how skillfully you retorted my comment back at the test with a precise burst of heat."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 113