Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84462 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2020, 03:03:38 pm »

With nothing else much to do, Mus'ad heads to the dining room after Kaya.

After, he'd likely head to the greenhouses to do some work, followed by doing some independent study. Save the rest for now.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2020, 03:04:14 pm »

A fist slammed into the wall next to Kruger's face.

"He's worth a hundred of you. Don't you ever talk about him like that again."

He dropped Kruger against the wall and turned around, stalking away from the man. His point had been made. It was up to Arnett now to decide if he cared to prove his worth to the man or not.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2020, 03:12:03 pm »

"I'm probably heading for the smithy, yeah. I'll catch you for practice later, but I need to let off steam right now." The hug went a long ways towards improving her mood, something that showed in her voice. Her stomach growled after a moment. ". . . burritos do sound good, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2020, 03:23:01 pm »

"Alright, hurry up, Cattleya! They're running a special on burgers today. Don't wanna miss out!"

The Dining Hall
As Kaya, Reeve, Cattleya and Mus'ad walk in, the dining hall is as packed as always. The hall is connected to the West Wing through a covered walkway, with a set of double doors to the north of the hall leading to the sauna and the dormitories, and doors to the south leading to the greenhouse and stables. The kitchens run along the left of the hall, a small window opening onto the hall showing the academy's chef's at work. The academy's food, indeed, was restaurant-quality, owing to the academy's incredible amounts of funding and insistence on high standards. As all residents are legally above the drinking age, the dining hall also keeps several beers and wines on tap. All of this, of course, is paid for as if the student (or staff member) is paying at a restaurant.

At the bar up at the side of the dining hall, Steven, Moira and Ilse seem to be celebrating with some beer- what looks to be a Rheinbergian brand. Over at one table, Elma, Per, Annika, Freddie and Tobias are playing what appears to be poker, and judging from Elma raising a gloved hand with cards in the air, she seems to be winning. Professor Estelle is anxiously looking around, talking to a student, while Kaede and Jackson seem to be talking heatedly to each other.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2020, 03:30:15 pm »

"It'll be hard to keep anyone still when they're in the middle of celebrating. But that's part of the appeal, isn't it? Capturing the moment even as it passes by. Like, capturing the moment as it exists for you."

"Well, what I really want to know is how you see it--"

Delwyn cut herself off as they arrived at the dormitories, pausing with her foot on the stair.

"Oh. Here we are. Don't go running off - I'll grab my stuff and be right with you."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2020, 03:35:11 pm »

When the first landed next to the wall and Orrel was about to walk away, Kruger was still mostly unfazed.

"Seems you missed me praising your brother after the test. His instincts remained sharp under pressure, I know no higher praise for a healer."
"Right now, your brother is probably closer to honoring your family name than you are."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »

A light smirk played across Orrel's lips as Kruger threw an insult at his back. If he thought how he'd been treating Arnett was at all nice, he was an idiot. And if he thought that the insult would hurt, well, he was double the idiot. All Kruger got in response was a raised middle finger. Hands then went back into his pockets as he headed towards the cafeteria.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2020, 04:01:17 pm »

"Quite the character."

Kruger then goes away, too. After considering the options, and that there would be a celebratory meal later, he decided on a more well-rounded routine.

Goes to his room to put on his regular uniform. Spends 1 AP on Faculty Offices, 1 AP on Library for SKL, 1 AP on Greenhouse, 2 AP on Stable. Goes to his room afterwards to freshen up, followed by visiting the Dining Hall.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2020, 04:12:01 pm »

As soon as Reeve took a step in the Dining Hall, the young mage swept her eyes across the room, taking in the crowded tables in her search for Class 3-A, which was thankfully not all that difficult to spot. Of course, her attempt as scanning the room also caused her energy to immediately drain from her as she saw, and heard, two members of the Student Union arguing with one another.

"... Seems as though Sloane and Miyajima are going at each other again. I suppose I can handle this time Kaya, if you'd rather spend some time with 3-A" Reeve commented at the sight, her tone oddly tired for how the girl usually acted.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 04:16:07 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2020, 04:20:23 pm »

"Well, I can't blame those two. You've heard the rumours, right? About the union prez and vice prez? Can't imagine those two get much stuff done with that going on."

Rika
As Rika works at the Greenhouse, she finds Professor Ververs, cheerfully tending to a beautiful bed of flowers.
"Oh? Rika, dear. It's nice to see you again! I heard about your test earlier. I heard you guys did great! Just as I hoped you would! Now.....would you mind passing me that trowel?"
Quote from: Rika
Rika helps out at the Greenhouse!
Rika earns 200 thalers!
(8, 93) (4)
Rika also gains Dried Vegetables x1 and Serapha x1!

Rika studies at the Library!
Rika gains 2 points of Skill!

Cattleya
As Cattelya trains at the training rooms, Idunn, lifting what looks to be a 25 kilogram barbell with one hand.
"Ooh, nice form. I approve, Cattleya. Maybe we should train together sometime, huh?"
Quote from: Cattleya
Cattleya trains at the Training Room!
Cattleya gains 1 point of Strength and 1 point of Defense!

Cattleya studies at the Library!
Cattleya gains 2 points of Resistance!

Mus'ad
"Mus'ad, hey! You give anyone else tarot readings today? Maybe you could do mine, as a favor to a professor. Out of professional curiosity."
Quote from: Mus'ad
Mus'ad helps out at the Greenhouse!
Mus'ad earns 100 thalers!
Mus'ad also gains Tomatoes x2!

Mus'ad performs a Personal Study!
Progress: 0/3 -> 1/3

Mordecai
As Mordecai settles in to study at the library, Isabella peers at him, studying what appears to be fairly advanced arcane theory. The smell of camomile tea emanates from an ornate cup next to her. She simply smiles at him in acknowledgement, before going back to her book and taking notes.
Quote from: Mordecai
Mordecai studies at the Library!
Mordecai gains 1 point of Skill!

Kruger
At the stables, Kruger encounters Maximus. The tall, muscular boy mutters out a greeting to Kruger, before turning back to refilling the pegasus troughs. He's always been a shy boy, and it hasn't changed today.
Quote from: Kruger
Kruger studies at the Library!
Kruger gains 1 point of Skill!

Kruger helps out at the Greenhouse!
Kruger earns 100 thalers!
Kruger also gains Peas x1!

Kruger cleans the Stables!
Kruger earns 200 thalers!
Kruger also gains 2 Academy Scrips!

Kruger performs a Personal Study!
Progress: 0/3 -> 1/3

Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:25:53 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2020, 04:44:56 pm »

"Oh? Rika, dear. It's nice to see you again! I heard about your test earlier. I heard you guys did great! Just as I hoped you would! Now.....would you mind passing me that trowel?"

"Sure thing, hun."

Rika enjoyed working in the greenhouse. It was a lot like being back on the family farm - just less animals to take care of. And a lot less kids underfoot. She wasn't a great botanist by any stretch of the imagination but the fact she had some experience growing plants meant she was quite welcome in this part of the school. She carefully weeded out what few plants were growing where they weren't supposed to as she talked to Ververs.

"Everyone in this class is so strong. I swear that test was over faster than a jackrabbit could wiggle his tail."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 01:06:24 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2020, 04:54:52 pm »

"As a matter of fact, I..."

"... Have not actually heard about any rumors regarding the Student Union's President and Vice-President. Was this something that began circulating recently?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2020, 05:00:33 pm »

"Well, it's what we professors do best, make you stronger. We'd be out of a job if we didn't, no?"
Layla hums to herself as she digs out a small flower from a pot next to her, placing it in the flower bed.
"Professor Ramsay was as....shocked....as a guy like him could be, anyway. Seems like you and Steven's class really left an impression."

"Apparently, recently, they've just been spending their time bickering and arguing instead of getting anything done. Doing crazy stuff like trying to make the other one take the first bite out of a cake or making hay over tickets to that new show in the cinema downtown. That kinda stuff."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2020, 05:01:38 pm »

Orrel strolled into the dining room, giving a small wave to Reeve and Kaya. He would have joined them, but he noticed that Professor Estelle seemed to have something on her mind. Walking over to her, he gave her a polite bow in greeting, and then asked,

"Pardon the interruption professor, but is something amiss? I would be more than happy to try and help you, if I can."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2020, 05:07:24 pm »

"Yeah! It's that kind of trickiness that I've yet to kind of grasp, but I was hoping to try and manage it regardless..."

Just as Arnett was peering in curiously to hear what else Delwyn had to say, they arrived. Arnett was, actually, somewhat sad about arriving... The sadness didn't stay long as he realized he was gonna be out in a moment again. He had gotten so used to his room being his haven... With a vigorous nod to Delwyn, Arnett scurried inside of his room. He gathered up his supplies: his palette, swapping out his Alphinite healing paint for his regular paint cups, and a portable easel box that he strapped to his back— a recent purchase he made in an effort to try and get out of his room more. He looked longingly at his bigger easel, the one he always painted on...

...Not today, old friend... But the weekend is just around the corner.

With that, Arnett hurried back outside, most likely having gotten there after Delwyn due to him having to gather up more things. "I'm here...!"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 113