Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84589 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #945 on: February 20, 2021, 03:01:56 pm »

"They spotted....people! Moving with the Fiends towards the village! We thought they were bandits but.....the Fiends aren't even attacking them!"
"....that's not possible. Are you sure your reports are correct?"
"I'm positive, Miss Estelle. The reports are consistent."
"That's....concerning. Okay. Thank you."
The Knight nods, before sprinting back to the village. Professor Estelle turns to the others.
"You heard that. You will be facing human opponents as well as Fiends today. As representatives of the Order, you are authorised to apprehend human opponents and subdue them through whatever means. These people will need to be captured and brought to justice. I'm sorry to put you in this situation, but this was not what we had anticipated."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 20, 2021, 05:55:27 pm »

: "Does this mean that you and the other professors will be joining us, Professor Estelle? If these people have somehow tamed or subdued Fiends, then there's no way of knowing what else they may be capable of. Trainees like ourselves may be overmatched."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 20, 2021, 06:01:38 pm »

".....in a situation like this, with so few of us deployed...and to control Fiends....what sort of Arte..."
"Professors Ramsay, Ververs and I will be attempting to find the ringleaders behind enemy lines to cut them off before they do any more damage. We will be trusting you to have to hold out against their main forces, but the Order's forces will be nearby to assist. Professors Greyhame and Lucerne will be arriving shortly with additional reinforcements but we will just have to make do with what we have."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 06:09:45 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 20, 2021, 06:22:10 pm »

"Humans working with Fiends? Such a thing is... Unheard of, but theoretically possible, if you could control them..." Reeve commented, pondering the implications of such news before snapping her fingers,

"Aha, so a dastardly villain has finally made his first move. Let us make haste then! With the cunning of a man's blackened heart and the ferocity of the fiends, it would be a tragedy if they managed to get within the villager's sanctuary."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 20, 2021, 06:50:44 pm »

People moving together with Fiends and thus becoming part of the opposition too. Quite the frightening scenario that just unfolded before them.
Kruger clenches his fists.

"Accursed traitors!"

He barely resists the temptation to punch a nearby piece of wood.

"I swear by my name and the glory of Rheinberg... Together, we will defend the village, defeat the Fiends, and make sure those walking amongst them will be brought to court!"

Kruger then turns towards Orrel.

"Can I trust that our resident tactician will be able to take their unpredictable nature into account for his planning?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #950 on: February 20, 2021, 07:01:46 pm »

"But why would you. . .?" Lin's expression darkened. It didn't matter why. She straightened up, standing with her artificial leg - this one a bulky thing that had clearly given up on weight saving, with a "foot" that would make for a passable warhammer - still exposed. A decision was reached in that moment; she had no intention of holding back her blows to preserve the lives of scoundrels willing to work with Fiends. "Gotta calm down," she muttered under her breath. If it kept going like this, she'd be literally steaming with anger in a moment. "Juuust a little bit longer. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 20, 2021, 08:03:36 pm »

Leading Shin down the ramp, Astrea was distraught upon hearing the recent news. Though her neutral expression would say otherwise. She hoists herself onto her winged horse, gripping her reins with much ferocity as an outlet for her pent up fears. "We should make haste and steel our nerves. It is even more imperative that we don’t let emotions cloud our judgment. Every second we spend fretting is a second we could spend protecting those in danger."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #952 on: February 20, 2021, 08:22:31 pm »

Orrel grinned and gave a small salute that almost seemed serious.

"That's what I'm here for. Though, interesting. I wonder if humans being there will make them more or less organized. If they humans are in control, it honestly might make it easier. They're more likely to follow standard patterns... Either way, I'll match their moves and we'll win this. Promise.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:32 pm »

"Humans working with Fiends? Such a thing is... Unheard of, but theoretically possible, if you could control them..." Reeve commented, pondering the implications of such news before snapping her fingers,

"Aha, so a dastardly villain has finally made his first move. Let us make haste then! With the cunning of a man's blackened heart and the ferocity of the fiends, it would be a tragedy if they managed to get within the villager's sanctuary."
"You intend to smite a foul evildoer without me? The nerve. I, Princess of the Tenebrous Kingdom, will personally deliver their judgment, for it has been inscribed into the world by the wheel of fate. May our enemies, so beguiled into thinking they can stand against the might of the Princess of Darkness and her loyal allies, flee swiftly."
"....what she said."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 20, 2021, 09:43:40 pm »

"Ain't this a fine how-do-you-do. Never crossed my mind someone would be allied with the things, but I reckon we're just gonna have to deal with it."

"I reckon I can slow the people down enough that we can catch 'em."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 20, 2021, 11:35:23 pm »

The slight snag in the mission sent Arnett quaking in his shoes— he was already having some difficulty adjusting to the mission, and now there was... this.

"But why would...?" Arnett quickly quieted himself, out loud almost asking a question that basically everyone was asking. There was only one thing for certain, however: that they had to take down both human and Fiend alike. The thought was intimidating, but after the incident with the Kuriyamas, he wasn't going to back down from such a fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 21, 2021, 03:15:38 pm »

: "I guess we'll just have to do the best we can. Certainly we cannot let this strange alliance run amok any longer than necessary."

: I just hope none of my people are behind this. We'd be hunted down and destroyed if non-vampires thought we were siding with Fiends.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 23, 2021, 03:06:37 am »

It was easy to tell the reveal had shocked Mus'ad. For the first time anyone had possibly seen, his hand went a touch to far in it's movement and banged into it's twin, causing him to drop the cards in said hand. He's still for a moment, before popping into action and starting to gather up the cards and put them away.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 23, 2021, 02:20:29 pm »

[Now Playing: Theme of ?? ~Those Who Sow Darkness~]
As the students approach the village outskirts, you hear....nothing.

Thankfully, you remember, it's because most of the villagers have been evacuated to safety; indeed, you can see, in the roads leading towards the town proper, the backs of people fleeing from the Fiends, armored Order troopers keeping them safe. No civilian casualties, you hope.

Still, the scene is eerie. The village looks to have been in the middle of an average day before its peace was disturbed by the arrival of monsters. A bunch of hoops and sticks lie abandoned by the children playing with them not an hour before, as baskets of clothes and buckets of water lie spilt and scattered upon the dirt. The faint, scratchy noises of a radio left on playing Lin and Vicky's most recent album can be heard from some house, presumably left on by someone who'd left in a hurry. The noise of a farmer's tractor can be heard, the engine still chugging on oblivious to its driver having abandoned it to run to safety.

Nearby, you can hear the sniffing, growling and snarling, unnaturally deep and with a faint echo. The Fiends are close, along with their supposed accomplices.

The ground faintly rumbles.

"I see we have visitors."

A deep, smooth voice emerges from the treeline. As you look towards it, you see a man in black armor, a sword faintly glowing red. His skin is tanned, a few scars and nicks marring it. His hair is a dark crimson, matching his eyes. Large, ivory-feathered wings protrude from his back, marking him as a Salis. Though you know that Salis wings are incapable of flight, the man is flying, his wings flapping as if propelling him; you conclude this may possibly a consequence of his Arte.

He studies you icily, but does not move to attack you.
"Are you pawns of the Order?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:22:41 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 23, 2021, 02:36:22 pm »

A flying Arte... Interesting. Something to look out for, for sure, but not the most threatening right this minute. The growls of fiends, a shift in his grip on his fans, and then Orrel was responding, seemingly focused on the man, while taking a few steps forward to the front of the group.

"Well, now, I suppose it depends on who is asking. Given the alignment that I can assume of you, given the noises of the fiends behind you, and the reports we've had, I suppose you would assume that of us. My name is Orrel. Do you still have enough pride to give us your name or have you lost all by working with these monsters?"
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 113