Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84595 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #930 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:54 pm »

Mordecai jumped slightly as the cat (which apparently wasn't entirely a cat) spoke. Was this some sort of Arte of Isabeau's? He'd never seen one like it before.

: "That is, ah, good to know. I'm still curious about your presence though; my understanding is that adding new talent to an existing team can disrupt coordination. Not exactly ideal when going into a real fight. Especially if we start, um, trembling."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 17, 2021, 08:09:34 pm »

"Lady Isabeau has dubbed me the Matagot. I suppose you could call me her companion in her travels, her translator for those who are....less familiar with Her Majesty's impressive vocabulary. I have some....talent with thunder magic."
"And I call down the power of burning light, a legacy borne of my mother, an angel from the heavenly choirs of the Empyrea, despite my dark bloodline."
"I feel that should be.....slightly less in need of translation. Speculation about her parentage aside."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:11:36 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 17, 2021, 08:33:43 pm »

Rika crouched down by the Matagot, which meant she still rather towered over the creature.

"All the high-falutin' stuff aside, how do you feel about getting your ears scratched?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 17, 2021, 09:24:24 pm »

"Angels seem like more trouble than they're worth, if you ask me," Delwyn said offhandedly.

Being on an airship was a new thing for her, and she'd been exploring the place to the extent that they were allowed to. As for what they were doing here, facing down real Fiends, it was what it was. Mandatory. A little dangerous. Even more trouble than people claiming to be angels. But despite being all those things, it was probably a step towards where she wanted to go.

Speaking of which, she'd forgotten something.

"I should have asked if photography was allowed."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 17, 2021, 09:36:03 pm »

: "Should I take that to mean that you aren't actual--I mean, official royalty, then? I was under the impression that royal lineages were tracked almost obsessively." Being from the fringes of civilization, Mordecai had little knowledge of, or care for, the local dynasties. Still, he felt like an heir to a crown would probably have a platoon of bodyguards around. Assuming such an heir would be allowed on a dangerous assignment in the first place, of course.

: "I'm curious about Matagot, though. I have never seen a talking cat before."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 17, 2021, 10:08:40 pm »

The Matagot....raises an eyebrow? Yes, he raises an eyebrow at Rika. Or the closest a cat can pull off, anyway.
"I travel with Lady Isabeau and I speak like a civilized man, but make no mistake, I am very much a wild animal, good madam. So long as you keep it to a few scratches at a time and only sparingly. I'm not a savage."

Then Mordecai.
"Ask no such questions about my heritage! I am a Princess of the Tenebrous Kingdom, and I will brook no argument to the contrary. To question such a declaration would be death had it been in front of my other countrymen who love their Princess so, but I am far more merciful and so I will permit your indiscretion."
"I believe the answer to your question is probably not one you'll be getting any time soon. Some secrets are better left untold for the moment. Don't take it too personally, though. My lady means no harm, even if she has a rather....interesting way to go about it. If you wish to indulge her and refer to her as Princess, that would be welcome. If you do not, rest assured there will be no smiting. My lady is a good sport."
"As for him, the Matagot is my fated companion. We are bound together by the inexorable strings of fate, destined to bring a dark end and to encounter one ourselves. Such is the umbral grasp of my bloodline."
"As to if I'm a talking cat.....well, I would not exactly say I'm simply a talking cat. To simplify things, think of me as a companion of Lady Isabeau's, at her disposal, that happens to resemble a cat. I am her eyes and ears, an extra brain, and I bring lightning down upon her enemies should she ask."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:22:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 18, 2021, 09:56:04 am »

"And you're very cute on top of all that, too."

Rika gently scritched the Matagot behind his left ear.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 18, 2021, 11:11:23 am »

Kruger now separates from Lin and goes towards the small group around Isabeau, nodding his head (as a proper deep bow would be impractical in armor).

"Your Royal Highness. I am pleased that our paths have crossed once more."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 18, 2021, 12:25:56 pm »

"Cute....is an interesting word to describe me."
The Matagot moves his head towards the scritching, purring quietly.

Isabeau curtsies in response to Kruger.
"Hark, fellow slayer of Fiends. The wheel of destiny puts us at each other's side once more."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 18, 2021, 01:20:46 pm »

"A slayer of Fiends I am not yet, but I appreciate the encouragement, Ma'am. May we all be successful on this day and furthermore."
"... I do not mean to be rude, but I have to admit, the Tenebrous Kingdom eludes my memories. I hope it won't be to your discomfort if I state my wish of wanting to know more about it, once the trial by fire has been survived."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 18, 2021, 01:43:26 pm »

"I reckon you might prefer 'handsome' then."

Rika switched her focus to his other ear, encouraged by his purring.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 18, 2021, 04:42:08 pm »

"Hm. Also interesting."

"The Tenebrous Kingdom is a kingdom beyond the comprehension of most mortals. It is no surprise someone such as yourself does not know much about it. I would be happy to reveal what forbidden, dark knowledge I possess about it, of course, in due time."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:03:05 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 18, 2021, 08:04:47 pm »

"... That... might explain my lack of knowledge about it, despite my interest in geopolitical affairs, Ma'am..."
Something is definitely wrong there... Hm, yes, no doubt about it... she wishes to embellish the kingdom's name, to hide the fact it is an internationally unremarkable micronation...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 20, 2021, 01:52:48 pm »

[Now Playing: Theme of ?? ~~Ashes~~]
On the ground....
"Someone help me!"

The woman cowered against a tree, surrounded by Camazotz and Arctos Fiends. The ravenous Calamity-fuelled monsters saw prey. For most people, a single Fiend was difficult to deal with; not impossible, as a healthy man could, with a decent weapon and some luck, fend a Fiend off even without an Arte or access to Alphinite-infused weaponry. Someone unarmed and surrounded by a pack of Fiends, on the other hand, might do well to write a living will.

The woman cowered gently in place, hoping that help would come in time. The Order had said they were coming after all, and there was talk of an airship flying in full of Knights.

But it already seemed too late for her. She was another ten minutes from the village even running. Nobody was here to find her.

At best, they would probably find her corpse, if the Fiends left anything.

Or it would, had a barrage of green-tipped arrows soared out from the surrounding underbrush, finding their mark deep in the beasts' hides. The Arcana-imbued arrows took their toll, and the Fiends thrashed around, swatting about their backs and looking for the shots that had guaranteed their deaths, before slumping to the ground slowly, before falling still.

".....huh?"

The woman looked up, as soft footsteps made their way to her. A pink-haired girl approached her, the bow in her hands lowered. The woman's expression brightened.
".....are you hurt?"
"No, no, I'm not. You got here in time. Any later and I.....are you part of the Order?"

The girl's mouth briefly, subtly twisted into a frown.
"...let's get you to safety. Grab my hand, please."
The woman, puzzled, grabbed her savior's hand. The pink-haired girl closed her eyes.

In a swirl of wind and color, the pair found themselves outside Whitby. The villager released her hand in shock, staring at her.
"H-how-?"
"Stay inside, and keep the doors shut. Keep yourself safe, please. I don't want to see anyone be hurt."
"....got it."

The woman, still confused, sprinted away from her, heading into the village to safety. The pink-haired girl frowned, waiting until she'd exited earshot.

That was the fourth person she'd saved like that today.

She bit back pangs of guilt and placed a hand on her chest.
".....I'm so sorry for what is about to happen. If we ever meet again.....please forgive me."

Fifteen minutes later....
The Galla Maria landed in a clearing outside the village, the airship beginning to lower a ramp to allow the passengers to exit. All three combat course classes were gathered by the exit to leave.

As the doors opened, the engines of the airship wound down and the ramp lowered, a Knight of the Order sprinted up to the ramp, waving his hands to get attention.
"We have a problem! Something's come up!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 20, 2021, 02:54:19 pm »

: "What sort of problem? What's going on?"

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 113