Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84602 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #900 on: February 13, 2021, 06:23:12 pm »

"If that is all, Professors Ramsay and Ververs will be finishing their briefings shortly. The others will be waiting. I will be informing you of any changes on the ground. You are dismissed."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #901 on: February 14, 2021, 06:00:15 pm »

Orrel idly twirled a fan, staring at the patterns he made, to an outside observer seemingly not having a care in the world. But internally he was going over possibilities in his head. Patterns, attack formations, enemy movements. These were Fiends, so there wouldn't be much in the way of organized fighting from them most likely, but still.

Pack mentality most likely. Groups here and there, perhaps with a central group. If we can set up a defensive block and then send a hammer in from the side... No, I need to see more.

Standing up, he stretched until his back cracked and then glanced around.

"Thank you for the debrief Professor. I'm sure we'll all do you proud and return home safely, of course."

He looked over at Rika and grinned.

"For now though, we really should try and relax a bit. Nothing we can do until we get there. And if we get too worked up, we'll be too distracted to fight well. Staying loose and ready but not too caught up in anxiety is always better if it's an option."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 14, 2021, 06:10:39 pm »

Kruger overheard what Orrel was saying to Rika.

"... Hm..."

After a few seconds of visibly pondering, he moves towards Lin.

"Are you well?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #903 on: February 14, 2021, 06:16:32 pm »

"I'm fine." She glanced up, not quite making eye contact. "The nurse cleared me for this, otherwise they wouldn't let me come. She drew back slightly, taking on a wary cast. "Why?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 14, 2021, 06:27:56 pm »

"I was not talking about your physical well-being. You obviously passed the check-up."
"I was talking about your emotional well-being. One must be a fool to not have noticed your closeness to Vicky, and her departure so shortly before this important mission... I wouldn't blame you for being unable to give it your all, even if you are in pristine condition otherwise."

He tugs his scarf.

"Mind you, this is not a critique. This is me offering you an opportunity to find some inner calm, as ephemeral as it may be."
"After all, a real battle stands before us. And I could never..."

Kruger stops.

"I've hogged enough of the limited time left before the fight. You should have an opportunity to speak, too."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #905 on: February 14, 2021, 06:35:13 pm »

"I'm fine." The repetition was spoiled by the abrupt closure as her mouth, very nearly cutting off the second word. "Or. I'm managing. I guess. Sieglinde sighed. "Even if I'd rather go into this with untreated internal burns if it meant Vicky hadn't just left." She shook her head.

"Forget I said that. I just feel a little bad for getting all mad at Astrea." A brief pause. "Even if she mostly deserved it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 14, 2021, 06:39:56 pm »

Astrea felt a wave of relief as Kruger went on his way and they were dismissed. Silently, though not exactly trying to be subtle about it, she went into the stable area of the airship. She went straight for her Pegasus, Shin, and began to comb his dirty mane to try and calm her nerves. Not that it helped. Before long she dug her face into the winged horse’s neck and let out a muffled groan. The horse looked as if he would be sweating bullets, unsure of how to exactly handle this situation.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 14, 2021, 06:43:34 pm »

"I don't know what happened, but I will not inquire the matter if you prefer that."
"Although I would be thankful to you if you could let your emotions not get the better of you when fighting alongside Astrea. I don't care if you two will find closure when this year is over, but I definitely care about neither of you getting maimed, or worse. Both for the obvious reasons, and because..."

He takes a deep sigh.

"... because it will forever haunt you if the door towards possibly finding an agreement will be closed forever. Trust me on that."

"... I believe some more light-hearted chatter would be more appropriate now... ... I'm thinking about joining Jones' club when this day is over."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:45:21 pm by SirAston »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #908 on: February 14, 2021, 08:15:04 pm »

"Don't think you'd say that if you had any idea what was going on in here. . ." Lin grumbled under her breath; it wasn't clear whether she knew Kruger could hear her, or see her momentary scowl.

"Jones is a pretty good guy. I've considered joining, but I don't know if he'd like the whole LDMD style, and that's what I know."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 15, 2021, 03:58:11 am »

"..."
"Thank you, Lin. I actually expected to get ridiculed for wanting to join his club."
"After all, I am well aware that I don't seem like I would fit in there at all with the other, more free-spirited members. And, honestly speaking, I was telling you that in hopes that the laughter would momentarily distract you."
"... Mission failed, but it is a nice failure."

He remained silent and slightly smiling for a few more seconds.

"Anyways, you could ask him. Or I could ask him for you, whichever you'd prefer. The music is one of your passions, it would be a waste to let it become inert and dormant."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #910 on: February 15, 2021, 05:52:27 am »

Lin shrugged. There were many more difficult and awkward topics than musical stylings.

"I dunno. It's just. . . The smith paused, searching for tbe right words. "Between actually being a knight eventually, blacksmithing, and the whole 'occasionally setting my kidneys on fire' thing, I don't know if I'll have the time to keep at it anyway." She winced as she ended her sentence, realizing what she'd unthinkingly said. "I didn't say that last one."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 15, 2021, 10:33:11 am »

"I see..."
"Well, if you improve your control over your Arte even further so that what's-the-third-thing-you-mentioned situation happens less often, then your schedule would open up for pursuing crafting and performing songs again, wouldn't you agree?"

Kruger chuckles for a short-lived moment, but he quickly gains a mirthless expression afterwards.

"... You definitely have that possibility once this year is over... unlike me."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 15, 2021, 12:35:14 pm »

Professor Estelle calmly taps the desk in front of her with a rod to get everyone's attention.
"Oh. Class, before I forget, you will be having two new members join you. Professor Ramsay has requested we take his Automaton with us, and so Miss Olviia will be joining you for the mission. Also, if you have yet to meet our new transfer student-"

The doors to the room bust open as Isabeau bursts in, the Matagot prancing in behind her. Isabeau looks flushed, as if she'd been running.
"Sorry, I'm....I mean, behold, subjects of York! I, Princess Isabeau du Archambault, have arrived to grace you with my umbral presence!"
"My lady was simply caught up....inspecting the workings of this vehicle. Such wondrous devices are not common in her homeland."

Professor Estelle looks signifcantly nonplussed.
"....."
"Anyway, this is Isabeau Archambault, a transfer student from the continent. Starting today, she will be joining you in your classes and any combat exercises you will carry out. Please make sure to watch out for your new classmate."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 05:15:39 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 15, 2021, 12:51:26 pm »

... Professor Estelle didn't adress her with the proper honorifics? Oh my...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #914 on: February 15, 2021, 12:56:50 pm »

He looked over at Rika and grinned.

"For now though, we really should try and relax a bit. Nothing we can do until we get there. And if we get too worked up, we'll be too distracted to fight well. Staying loose and ready but not too caught up in anxiety is always better if it's an option."

"You know me. Cool as a cucumber."

There was some general milling about and then the professors introduced a new student - the person she, Kruger, and Arnett had met yesterday.

"Howdy miss Archambault. Welcome to the team."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113