Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84612 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #885 on: February 12, 2021, 11:29:36 am »

Chapter 2: Rite of Passage

Officially, the career of an Elerian Knight begins at acceptance in one of the Elerian Academies, spending several years learning the basics of being an Elerian Knight before entering the Order proper and learning the ropes from there. In practice, it is said that one only truly begins being an Elerian Knight when they complete their first ever field mission. The generally accepted rite of passage for such a mission is to kill your first live Fiend. It is in the heat of battle, in the face of genuine danger, many veterans argue, that the beginnings of a true Knight are forged.

In olden days, such an expedition would be an entire week's affair. Rations for a week would be packed to march prospective trainees to Fiend-infested areas to ensure they were cleared out, letters would be left behind in the event of unfortunate accidents. With the advent of airships, better medical care and the like, however, an expedition to nearby Fiend-infested areas now might be simply the work of a single day. The advances in Alphinite-based technology have made such expeditions safer and faster, but no less an important step to becoming an Elerian Knight.

The capital of York rapidly disappears in the clouds behind you, Solrise Academy nowhere to be seen below.

Classes 3-A, 3-C and 3-F are currently onboard the airship Galla Maria, an old airship belonging to the Order on loan to the Academy. Such transport ships remain an important staple of Elerian Order mobilization where weather permits. The ship is large enough to possess a small hangar of sorts to allow animals to be carried onboard, as well as multiple briefing rooms and an armory and kitchen. The decor is spartan, with only the Elerian Order's logo to be found as the sole concession to comfort, the walls and floors being bare wood.

Class 3-F is currently recieving a briefing by Professor Estelle on today's task, as she stands at the head of the class, calmly scanning between you and her notes.

"Within half an hour, we will be deploying onto the rural town of Blackby, who have reported a Fiend infestation in the local forest. As there weren't too many Fiends in the area, the Order saw fit to assign Solrise Academy's top students with the mission. Your mission today will be simple; clear out the Fiend infestation and ensure that the villagers are not injured. We have divided the area into two sectors. Class 3-A will cover the south-west sector with assistance from the local Order forces, while Class 3-F and 3-C will be covering the north-east without assistance. This will be your trial by fire. We will be assessing you based on your performance, and keeping records for your future work in the Order, should you see fit to continue with them. The same goes for the other classes. Are there any questions?"
//Everyone may post!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:52:09 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 12, 2021, 11:44:22 am »

"None from me Professor. Clearing out an infestation such as this will be trivial" Reeve commented, bringing a hand from underneath her cloak to flick some of her hair to the side before retracting the arm. She had no doubt in her mind that an average fiend would be no match for her talents, the monsters had an aversion to magic after all, and Reeve was practically a prodigy when it came to magic. That, coupled with the presence of notable members of both her class and Class 3-A, meant that it would take an entire army to trouble them.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 12, 2021, 01:00:26 pm »

"... Estimates on numbers, Fiend types, overall threat level and expected duration of battlefield activities?"

Kruger came with somewhat more baggage than one would expect from the average student, albeit not so much that it would weight him down. Rations for three days, a bedroll, standard-issue survival kit and a rainproof journal with basic writing and drawing utilities. He has also prepared letters for the worst-case scenario.

Part of it is honoring old traditions. The other part is him never underestimating the Fiends. Ever.

He took a look around himself, assessing the well-being of the others. Physically, mentally and emotionally. For Kruger is sure that everyone is aware that nothing will be the same after today, at least on a subconcious level.

Everyone except Reeve, he figures.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 12, 2021, 01:49:22 pm »

Astrea kept to her own little corner of the Airship, feeling more like a rabbit in a wolf's den. The mission itself she was prepared for and that wasn't the problem. Going into battle with previous upperclassmen for the first time has her all kinds of tensed up. Working with almost all new people, she hopes none of them clash with her... Though I suppose she's already clashed with her roommate already so that's not a good start. This is real combat too, so any mistake could cost more than a broken bone or two.

A day's worth of rations, a survival kit and some medicine were all strapped to Shin's saddle before they left. This was all for the worst case scenario, but she'll do all in her power to make sure they'll never need to see use.

When the time came for questions, Astrea remained silent. Nothing in particular was coming to mind other than her racing worries.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 12, 2021, 02:42:05 pm »

"Roughly twenty or so Fiends, mostly of the Camazotz, Fenris and Arctos types. The threat, as I'd said, is not too high. The Order was confident you students could handle it with supervision. If all goes well, we should be in and out within the next four hours."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 12, 2021, 03:10:16 pm »

"Y'all are pretty strong so I reckon there ain't nothing to worry about."

"Honestly some of y'all are as jittery as a longtail cat in a room full of rocking chairs."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 12, 2021, 04:09:45 pm »

"And rightfully so, Rika. So far, we have learned to fight. Now, we have to learn how to save those who can't fight. It is not a matter of strength anymore. The sooner we realize this difference and adjust to it, the better our chances, both with our personal score, for those that care about it, and with keeping harm away from the villagers."

Kruger directs his attention to Estelle, tugging on his scarf.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry for that, Prof. Estelle, I didn't mean to be rude right now. Thank you for the intel."

He takes another look over the audience before stepping out and moving straight towards Astrea.

"Astrea."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 12, 2021, 04:34:56 pm »

As Kruger makes his approach towards the sky knight, Astrea could feel a lump from in her stomach. Nevertheless, now is the most important time to not show weakness. Turning her head in attention to the swordsman, "Need something?" He voice was cold and stoic, hiding her inner worries behind a metal fortress.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 12, 2021, 04:56:54 pm »

"You're a recent addition to the class, and I didn't have the honor to witness you in a duel or mock battle before. I wish to know as much as possible about you that is relevant to the upcoming fight, so I can estimate when you can handle a sudden situation yourself and when you need a hand or two to deal with it."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #894 on: February 12, 2021, 06:30:46 pm »

Lin watched the others moving about and speaking from the edge of the room, mentally running through a checklist as she polished the shield she'd put together recently. A thought strayed into her mind as she did, prompting her to raise a hand up and peer out from under her hood at the professor.
"How close is the infestation to the town?" She hoped - knowing it was in vain - that the reason for the question wasn't immediately obvious. She was comfortable enough with Ramsay that she could ask it with clarity, but wasn't as familiar with Estelle, and had been feeling more than a little self-conscious about the issue lately.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 12, 2021, 06:49:09 pm »

"We'll be updated when we get on the ground. Our scouts are telling us the swarms are moving quickly towards the village but we'll be there in time to head them off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 12, 2021, 06:58:45 pm »

Mus'ad for his part, was looking about as collected as he usually does. The only thing betraying his nervousness was the rapid shuffling of his tarot cards, a flurry of colors as he released the pent up energy within him.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 12, 2021, 07:57:56 pm »

"You didn’t miss much, trust me." She grumbled remembering the not-so-fond memories.

"I fight on a Pegasus first of all, though I’m not unaccustomed to fighting on the ground should I’m needed to. I fight with lances in combat and I’d say I’m pretty self sufficient. So long as no arrows are flying or I’m being surrounded I can hold my own for a good while.” Raising her hand to face level, it begins to exude a white aura with small wisps of energy rise off of it before quickly dissipating into the air. "My Arte is called Blessed Armory. It allows my to enchant my weapons and my armor with magic similar to that of light." The aura quickly spreads to her entire body, making her radiant and brightening the area around her. Not wanting to bother anyone with said light she just as quickly dissipates it. "Nothing too extraordinary but it doesn’t cost me much to activate it. So I’ll be able to use it whenever I need to." She lowers her hand. "That should cover most of it. Anything in particular your need more information on or...?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 13, 2021, 05:56:41 am »

"Hmmm..."

A handful of seconds containing motionless silence pass.

"I fight with a rapier, but against these Fiends, I am not above utilizing my arms and legs in combat too. You could call it classic Rheinberg Pragmatism, I guess. My Arte allows me to amplify my voice, so I can hold one-way communications over great distances... you could see me as a messenger or substitute tactician for the upcoming battle. But this also means that every word that I speak carries traces of Alphinite-like energy with it. Sometimes I can use that to make a Fiend stagger for a fraction of a second; enough for a trained warrior like you to dodge its strike. That is all you need to know for the upcoming battle. How you utilize this information will be up to you."

Kruger then returns to his original position and keeps making surface glances to the surrounding people.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #899 on: February 13, 2021, 05:46:06 pm »

"Ah." Lin returned to silence after her question was answered, retreating back into her hoodie. She was similarly watching the rest of the group; she accidentally made eye contact with Kruger. She glanced at Astrea for a split second before looking firmly down at the ground.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:14:17 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 113