Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84576 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #660 on: November 25, 2020, 04:31:43 pm »

Dining Hall

Arnett continued to look after the rice, doing just the little tasks here and there as he listened to Rika and Kruger. A slightly odd feeling hit him— now that he thought about it, what was he going to do when he graduated? He'd love to continue his painting, but he worried that there wouldn't actually be a place for it outside of the battlefield... Were there places he could go to be some kind of combat medic without looking like a fool having a paintbrush painting over people's wounds? It put a dreamlike expression on his face, but it wasn't necessarily one he was enjoying. Why didn't he have any sort of plan...?

Arnett let his eyes wander a little bit, trying to pick up on anything interesting that might distract his thoughts once everything seemed like it was just going to be waiting.

Greenhouse

"Imaginative..." Arnett thought to himself, briefly considering it. Training really hard was another thing— of course he'd have to train, but maybe he did need to just... sit down and think about his art for a little bit longer. After all, if he could deploy his art for combat rather than just as a bodyguard... "Maybe you're right. Plus, if I just focused on using my Arte and trying it out in combat, maybe that'll give me some inspiration for my art. I just haven't been using it enough..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 25, 2020, 06:06:42 pm »

---Sauna---
"Ha! Well, certainly showed you, huh? Don't look down on Cattleya Chatgéant!"
She triumphantly flexed a slender arm.
"I could go easy on you next time if you'd like."
Her tone was thick with playful insolence.

---Training Room---

"Fluff, I missed it."
"Look on the bright side - now I can show you how it's done."
"How about it, Theodora?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 25, 2020, 10:02:18 pm »

In case it was missed, Mordecai heads to the East Wing for traps and/or tea.

True to his word, Mordecai slowed down as Reeve did. He (perhaps wisely) chose not to comment on the fact that they had barely managed half of the original thirty minute jog so far.

: "Let's walk for a bit, get some wind back. We can get some water from the fountain next time we pass it." He looked down at his jogging partner with a slight smile. "Just think about how much quicker you'll be on your feet next time we get into a class battle. That should keep your spirits up."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2020, 02:29:14 pm »

As Arnett's wandering eyes, well....wander, he spies Elma and Freddie playing cards at the bar (Freddie appears ot be winning), Ilse calmly writing something down while sipping what appears to be white wine, and Kaede and Jackson arguing animatedly about something.

Lin, after a while of....lying there with her own thoughts, hears a few knocks on her door.
 "Lin? Lin? It's me, Kaya! Is everything alright in there?"

Idunn seems even more impressed.
"Go easy on me, I'll show you why nobody messes with an Andvar."

"Well, I-I could help you! I-I mean.....y-you see, I'm actually writing my dissertation on how Artes work, and if you'd like, I could....maybe help you with yours?"

As Mordecai walks into the East Wing up to the staircase leading to the classrooms, he is briefly interrupted.

"Hark, fellow student!"

If he were to look briefly to see who had interrupted him, he would see a young woman, probably about his age, clad in the most elaborate (almost ridiculous, even) dress he had ever seen, hauling a leather satchel with her with some books poking out. Her hair is oddly coloured, blonde at the top and light blue at the tips. With no animal features or plant-like features immediately apparent, and neither halo nor wings, she appears to be a Homid. She seems to be examining one of the lamps in the hallway, examining the cord connecting it to the wall.

"Where, pray tell, is the esteemed Professor Estelle? The gears of fate that turn eternal have decreed that I am in need of her sage advice to direct me to my new abode within this hallowed kingdom, though my bloodline courses with the darkness of the beyond."

Theodora adjusts herself, planting the butt of her spear on the floor.
"You want a spar as well? If we make it quick. I promised Andreas I'd train him tonight. I feel like he's making progress."

Reeve
Quote from: Reeve
Reeve buys Arcfire for 800 thalers!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 03:06:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #664 on: November 26, 2020, 03:44:47 pm »

"Hnnh, uh. . ." How long had she been out for? She could barely remember what had led to her latest meltdown. The voice outside, that was. . . "Kaya?" Her voice told enough about her current state, being low and quiet. "I'm. . . no. Not fine." She groaned, slowly moving to a seated position and rubbing at the base of her horn. "Ugh. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 26, 2020, 08:43:40 pm »

"Oh! Um...are you hurt? Apparently the second years downstairs could hear a lot of shouting and they asked me to have a look tp see what was going on, so..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 26, 2020, 08:44:23 pm »

Mordecai originally came from a fairly drab, rural area where nearly all clothing and fashion was simple and functional. Upon arriving in York to attend Solrise, he had been dumbstruck by the sheer variety of styles on display and the modes of speech employed by natives and visitors alike. He knew that he had stared like the bumpkin he was, but two years had inured him to most of the oddities of metropolitan culture.

This was a little much, though.

: "Um."

: "Er, what I mean to to say that last I saw Professor Estelle, she was speaking to a kamuy girl near the dorms. That was a while ago, though. Were you supposed to meet her here?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 26, 2020, 08:50:40 pm »

"I was informed by the purveyor of curios within that odd emporium outside that the estemeed scholar whom my fated search takes me to find was inside this hallowed building, after he ceased his trembling and gasping at the very sight of my dark being. But even my great and terrible powers cannot be used for such a mean purpose such as searching for one mere person, and so I deign to speak to you, for you possess knowledge unknown to even myself. Perhaps the infinite wheel of fate's spin has intended that we cross paths today."

....as far as you can tell, she asked Felix where to find Professor Estelle and he told her to go inside. Confusion at what she was talking about, optional but probable.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2020, 12:46:31 am »

Lin made a noise that was half groan, half sigh. She shuffled closer to her bed, leaning against the frame and looking toward the door.

"I dunno." She shrugged, despite the barrier between her and Kaya. "I got a new roommate and she, uh. . . set me off." She closed her eyes, exhausted irritation with herself welling up. "The door's unlocked."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 27, 2020, 09:56:50 am »

The door opens to Kaya poking in, her halo faintly glowing.
"New roommate? The new transfer from the second years I've heard about? What happened?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 27, 2020, 12:03:53 pm »

Mordecai rather doubted that Felix (or whoever had been running the shop when this strange girl showed up) had trembled or gasped. Shook with laughter, maybe.

: "I...suppose that is certainly possible, yes. Stranger things have happened. Listen, I just came here because of a request to have tea with someone in this wing. You wouldn't happen to know who I'm looking for, would you?"

The vampire had a sinking feeling the moment the words left his lips. No, surely not...

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 27, 2020, 12:10:45 pm »

"No no, I can keep going, a little jog like this is nothing!" Reeve replied almost instantly, shaking her head at Mordecai's comment about taking a break and, now noticing the fact that she was slowing down, pushed herself further, running ahead as her partner slowed down to keep at her side.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 27, 2020, 12:29:39 pm »

"My dark clairvoyance cannot be used for an effort so miniscule! But....if someone as such as myself were to make a guess, maybe you would be best served to search what that curious man called 'the clubrooms on the second floor', where he first directed me when he believed me to be a member of the Theatre Club. While I am flattered by his effusive praise, I must confess, I am no mere thespian, nor do I have such talents as the troubadours of far-off Etruria and Chartraille. Alas, do the wheels of fate carry me away, and so I must be off."
She nods at Mordecai to leave him be, but before she does, she pauses.
"Our meeting was fated, and your assistance was appreciated. Know that someone such as I, La Princesse Isabeau du Archambault, feared and beloved in her homeland beyond the stars, am in your debt. May the wings of the wind assure our paths will cross again."
With that, Isabeau (if that is her name), leaves Mordecai alone to his search, trotting off to find the dorms.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:13:18 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #673 on: November 27, 2020, 12:53:11 pm »

"She 'cleaned the room' and put all of my projects away in a garbage bag. Then she acted like I should be grateful when I got mad." Lin shrugged. "You can probably figure out what happened next."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 27, 2020, 12:58:44 pm »

"...ah. Yeah, I get it."
Kaya fully walks in, a frown on her face. The place DID look cleaner than usual, not that she'd been into Lin's dorm very often.
"....anything I can do to help?"
She'd also rarely interacted with Lin, now that she'd thought about it. After all, Kaya rarely frequented the forge; she wasn't particularly good at it nor at Professor Ramsay's classes, so she subsequently didn't really hang out with Lin.

Still, as it was Kaya, she felt it was the right thing to do to check up on her.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 113