Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84574 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #645 on: November 24, 2020, 08:12:34 pm »

"You put my projects in a garbage bag? Just walked into my room and decided that all my work had to be trash?" Lin's volume increased with each word, and each stressed one came with a notable uptick in heat. Her speech became rough and low, almost gutteral, as she worked herself up.
"You walk into my room and throw around my projects, my music, my life, because they're not up to your standards?" It was hot enough that Sieglinde was visibly sweating as well, though it was hard to notice as she shook with rage. "I don't want your help, I want to be left alone! Screw you!" Lin leaning back slightly was all the warning Astrea received before she found herself targeted by a flying prosthetic leg.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 24, 2020, 08:14:23 pm »

"Yeah, I concluded that there is never anything wrong with expanding one's knowledge on any kind of topic, and for this school year, I decided to experience as much as I can, no matter how menial or otherwordly it would be for a man of my status."
"... After all... when this year is over, I..."

Kruger stops for a short moment.

"... I will be a busy man."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 24, 2020, 08:20:40 pm »

And there, in the blink of an eye, it was over.

"Ha. Hahaha, yeah that's about right. No room to move in the room here means I get absolutely obliterated. If I can't kite you, I have no chance, huh? Ah well..."

And perfect timing. Catt showed up, asking a rather amusing questions given the circumstances.

"Not about to so much as just finished. And sparring is a generous term for the way I got my butt kicked."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After his time in the training room, Orrel headed over towards the sauna. Relaxing was what he needed right now. His muscles were still tense after the fight the other day and his two second fight hadn't done anything to loosen them. Once he was ready, he slipped into the sauna, almost immediately stopping on a dime, almost as if he'd run into a brick wall.

"Ah, er, Rika, uhm. I didn't expect to find you, err, anyone here. D-do you mind if I join you? I wouldn't want to impose..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 24, 2020, 08:25:38 pm »

"We're all gonna be, I reckon. I'm going to be in the Elerian Order for awhile so I can send money home and take care of the family. Gonna miss all the little ones growing up, but I reckon we all gotta make sacrifices now and again. At least I can go home for vacations."

She stopped chopping vegetables and looked over at Kruger.

"And I reckon you're getting into the government like your pa. You got a lot on your shoulders, don't you?"

Lara didn't know a lot about the political climate of her homeland - her family was far removed from all of that - but she figured it came with a lot of expectations.

Friederika had just about nodded off in the muggy, relaxing heat when she heard a familiar voice and opened her eyes. She looked up and smiled, but took care to adjust her towel a little to make sure she was still modest.

"I don't mind at all, roomie. Go on and have yourself a seat, there's plenty of room. Say, are you all right? You're favoring your side a bit, there."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 24, 2020, 08:40:36 pm »

Very deliberately not looking over at Rika, Orrel managed to find a seat a safe distance away from her before sitting down and relaxing in the steam.

"Oh, well, you know. The fight between classes was a bit rough and then... Well... Ah, whatever. I just got my butt handed to me by Dora in the training room. Didn't even manage to land a blow before she had me down and out. Bit embarrassing really. She said I had good instincts and all but I don't really see how when I walked into her spear."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 24, 2020, 08:47:34 pm »

Rika wasn't sure what to say to that. Men had their pride, so it was a bit startling to hear one admit that his had taken a bit of a blow.

"Maybe she saw the potential in you. Nobody's at their best all the time."

The bova took the little ladle of water and dripped it over the rocks to create more steam.

"Well, you just go on ahead and rest your bones, hun. Nothing helps the aches and pains like a good heat, and we can talk about whatever you want."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2020, 08:50:40 pm »

He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Ah, maybe. Or maybe she was just being polite. Who knows... Hmmm, well, could you tell me a bit more about your family? I mean, you've mentioned that you have lots of siblings and all that, but never much about what it was like to grow up with them, live where you lived, all that. I guess... what was your childhood like? Is that a reasonable question to ask? Ha..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 24, 2020, 09:03:31 pm »

"You were right to try that tactic again, Orrel, is what I meant. It worked quite well. And your form was good. Don't be too hard on yourself."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 24, 2020, 09:13:31 pm »

"I don't mind answering that question at all! Well, let's see. I'm the oldest of us all; the next oldest would be my brother Markus, who's a year younger than me, and then after him is our cousin Benedict, and then Benedict's little sister Karlotta... and then the cousins that are a pair of twins, Victor and Jakob..."

Rika leaned back in thought, counting family members and names, ticking them off with her fingers as she went. If Orrel hadn't glazed over from the sheer amount of names being dropped he would've counted around twenty-three before she finished.

"...and then I got a letter from home last month saying Aunt Tessa just had another little girl, who she named Lara after me 'cause the family's real proud of me going to be a knight of the order and all, so I'm looking forward to meeting her for the first time the next vacation we get."

It seemed to occur to her that she hadn't actually answered the question yet.

"Well anyway now that you know the names, um. When we were real little Markus and Benedict and I liked to explore the farmlands. You know, kid stuff. We'd play in the hay and chase the cats around the barn and roll around in the mud with the dog, and then we'd go swimming in the creek when it was hot out. I remember one year those two and the twins and Eugene got their dads to help 'em build a treehouse and they were hollerin' about no girls allowed so I snuck in there early one morning while they were all doing chores and I rearranged where everything was as a prank."

The farmgirl was smiling as she recounted the events.

"When we got older we had to start helping out more and more, and it's a good thing there were such a lot of us 'cause there's always work to do on a farm. Especially when a lot of that work is keeping all the kids herded so they're not underfoot and in the way, and keeping 'em fed and looked after, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even when they're being pigheaded they're the sweetest little bunch."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 24, 2020, 09:14:05 pm »

@ Felix

A request to have tea? Odd, but Mordecai's social life wasn't so busy that he couldn't take time out of his day for something (hopefully) relaxing like that. Earning some scrip on top of tea would just be a bonus.

: "Thank you, Felix. I'll be sure to stop by some other time to take on another request."
Mordecai signs his name on the request, indicating that he had accepted it. To the East Wing!

@ Reeve

Mordecai supposed that his longer legs were giving him an advantage over the shorter mage, but he refused to slow from his current pace. It wasn't exactly strenuous.

: "I was just thinking half an hour to start, then perhaps moving on to other exercises. To be honest, I have no idea how long you can go for. If you need to slow down for a breather, just let me know." Truth be told, Mordecai was actually quite pleased that Polyion had joined him. Sure, her grandstanding could get irritating at times, but his new rivalry was probably the closest thing to actual friendship the vampire had known since arriving at Solrise. The fact that she was applying herself and thinking of the safety of her peers (in a roundabout sort of way) also caused his respect for her to tick up a couple of notches.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2020, 01:15:28 pm »

Astrea got more and more on edge as this women kept getting more and more heated. Her reflexes were sharp enough to notice the leg flying towards her face and she quickly guarded against it forming an X shape with her arms. Just before the impact her arms exuded a white aura with wisps of soft white light slowly floating up and fading out within a few moments. Furious, she vigorously threw her hands down and to her side while shooting out of her chair. She stood unwavering facing down her new roommate, "Alright, that is too far! I get that you may not be pleased but that does not give you permission to throw objects at me! I saw the messy state of the floor so I cleaned it as a nice gesture! I had no intention of throwing anything away but its not like there were other available things to store your metal scraps in!" It was getting way too heated in here (literally and metaphorically) and honestly she fear for not only her own safety but for the others in the dorm. It would probably be best to leave now, just to give this girl enough time to calm down anyways.

"If you want to be alone so badly then fine! Just don't have things scattered all over the floor when I get back!" She made her way out the door before stopping and turning back, "Be glad your life is still your own and not a disposable tool for someone's corrupt ambitions." With that last comment she continues on her way out the door. Today has certainly been a day...

Astrea will spend 2 AP on the Shrine to the Sculptor to increase her CON by +1. She will also buy and equip a steel shield for 700 thalers

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 25, 2020, 01:36:03 pm »

"... I aim to become a politician within the Rheinberg Confederation, yes..."

He brings out the cabbage he earned earlier and started preparing the salad.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #657 on: November 25, 2020, 03:23:13 pm »

Lin fell backward against the wall, sliding to the floor in a controlled, if rather graceless, manner. She kept a folding cane on her for situations like this, but right now it was all she could do to keep her breathing semi-regular. The heat continued to rise as the blacksmith started a slow crawl toward her desk. Another surge of heat both physical and mental rushed forth as she realized there was no guarantee her spares were left where she remembered.

"Damn you. . . " She squeezed her eyes shut at the frightful images that came unbidden to her mind of endless, unrelenting fire consuming all. "Damn you. . . !" Her former roommate and lifelong friend left her to this? The flames consumed that picture, too. "Damn it!" I'm losing it again. . .

Painstakingly, she made it to her chair. She levered herself up onto it. The edges of the papers stacked atop it - actually a mix of sketches, music, and assignments - were already beginning to brown and crisp. She frantically dug around in her drawer for a particular box, made for exactly this situation. It was fireproof and as airtight as she could get it. The latch on the front was hot enough to burn her skin at a touch, but she didn't let this deter her. She slammed the stack of papers into the box and locked it tight, hopefully preserving them from her Arte.

With that, she finally let go. Another burst of heat assaulted the air - and then the torrid onslaught slowed and stopped. Lin slipped out of her seat, her Arte sputtering and dying as it consumed the last of the pent-up energy in her frame. At least I didn't set the bed on fire this time. Exhausted and in pain, she allowed herself  to slip into unconsciousness where she laid.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 25, 2020, 04:02:22 pm »

"...the truly greatest achievements speak for themselves, Reeve, is the advice I can give you on that front."

Idunn grins.
"Yeah. We figured it'd take us only that long to stomp you flat."

"Well, I've been taught there's two tricks to that. One is to get imaginative. The other one is to train really, really hard. I heard that's how Steven got so good with his Arte, just....training really, really hard."

Mordecai has accepted the sidequest 'A Spot of Tea'.
"That one, huh? That's been there all this week. Nobody's really touched that one. People think it's a trap. I didn't see who put it up myself, but I got my theories."

Astrea
Quote from: Astrea
Astrea prays at the Shrine!
Astrea gains 1 point of CON!

Astrea buys a Steel Shield for 700 thalers!
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 25, 2020, 04:02:56 pm »

“Still? I had hoped that he would’ve grown out of it by now. Especially after he ate that entire box of Alphinite crystals my Father put away..." following her own comment, the young mage shivered slightly. It had been a grim day when that had happened.

---------------------------------------

“Well… Yes, a half hour would be good. I can go for twice as long of course, but putting in some extra kinds of exercise would be more fitting” Reeve replied with her trademark confidence, putting a bit more spring in each step as she kept by Mordecai's side. Of course, by it barely took 15 minutes before she began to slow down slightly, struggling to keep her breath as she kept up with the Belgor. Not inheritly bad, but a far cry from the 'hour' she seemed to perceive.

---------------------------------------

"Of course, but some are too deaf to hear. Anyways, I'll see you soon Professor, I have a bit of work to do for Professor Estelle's class" Reeve responded in kind, stepping past Layla, giving the Professor a short wave as she walked off.

Reeve buys an Arcfire for 800 Thalers, adding a bit more brilliance to her flames.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:44:46 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 113