Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84570 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #615 on: November 21, 2020, 04:53:12 pm »

"Sure. Worst comes to worst, I can show you how some of this works." She continued to move about her workspace, quenching one piece she'd been hammering and setting others to heat. "Gotta get through the work here first though." Lin moved to pick up her next assignment. The smith glared at the piece of twisted metal as if it had insulted her ancestors before starting the process once again, grumbling something under her breath about "differential heat treatment."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 22, 2020, 11:28:59 am »

Greenhouse — Kruger

"It's no problem...!" Arnett insists to Kruger, before returning to his work as well.

Greenhouse — Annika

Arnett looked rather excited to hear Annika was into art too.

"You're into ceramics? I could never really get the opportunity to practice that as much— um..." Arnett suddenly gets a bit shaky in the knee— worried that he just said something dumb and now had to try and save it. "That's really cool, though...! How long have you been doing it...?"

Dining Room

Arnett basically had zero experience with cooking, so pretty much nothing came to mind when Rheinberg cuisine was brought up. He scratched his cheek in response.

"I'm not sure, I've, um... never actually cooked before...? I've just heard artists tend to be good at cooking... er... maybe I should just stick to doing appetizers or something..." Arnett said, confidence beginning to waver as he suddenly started wishing he could turn around and hightail it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 22, 2020, 11:35:37 am »

"It's not that hard! You just gotta follow the directions and not be afraid to get your hands dirty. Tell you what, why not start by helping Kruger knead the dough for the rolls?"

For her part, Rika had gotten some butter and potatoes and was preparing mashed potatoes, because you can't go wrong with that.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:47:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 22, 2020, 11:45:53 am »

"Agreed, Rika. You worry too much, Arnett. I hail from a noble's house, it's a small miracle I know how to handle kitchen utensils in the first place. We'll do the dessert together..."

Some time passes, and during the final stage of the creation of the cinnamon roll dough, Kruger fetches some apples and a kitchen mandoline, turns the former into thin slices and applies lemon juice, brown sugar and melted butter to them before putting it in the oven for a short time.
The now-pliable slices and the now-ready dough are finally used to create apple rose cinnamon muffins, decorated with sprinkles of powdered sugar.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 22, 2020, 11:54:07 am »

Arnett nodded in response, whispering that he'd do his best. He tried to keep his confidence together as the two got the dessert done...

It was a bit more physical work than Arnett was normally willing to do, but he was fine once it was all done. He looked over the work.

"Looks really good...! I can't wait to see what everyone thinks!" He said with a smile, now starting to actually gain confidence back.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2020, 12:02:56 pm »

"Yes, looks about right based on when I observed the kitchen staff doing the same dessert all those years ago."
"If it turns out to be not well-made, you can put the blame on me."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 22, 2020, 12:10:31 pm »

"Wow, that looks really pretty!"

Rika looked over from her own work at the dessert the boys made.

"I'll bet everyone in class will like them."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2020, 12:53:22 pm »

"That surely would be nice to experience."

Kruger looks at the roses and seems to be in thought for a moment.

"But for now, we can be proud that we made edible art together. You seem to be on friendly terms with Delwyn, Arnett, if she would know you had your hand in its creation, I would wager she would want to take a picture of these muffins."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2020, 01:01:22 pm »

Arnett shakes his head.

"No, no, if it turns out to be not so great it's on the both of us." He smiled a bit at Rika's encouragement, looking a bit proud at Kruger's thought. "You really think so?" Arnett didn't really get the part about being the creator and thus influencing Delwyn's picture-taking, but he hid his slight confusion.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 22, 2020, 01:20:03 pm »

"Yeah! You should ask her to get a picture of these! It'd be a crying shame to just eat them up without something to remember them by."

"Hmm. What should we fix for the main, do you reckon? I was thinking perhaps a gumbo of some kind with the fish. I could dice up some of these bell peppers and onions. Maybe some celery and rice to touch it up. What do y'all think?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 22, 2020, 02:22:03 pm »

"I've been doing it since I was a child. You see, it helps me control my Arte. Pretty easy to learn control over it when you have to regulate the speed at which clay dries using it."

Idunn snorts.
"I bet. You took us out in what felt like five minutes flat."

"Validation, huh? That's an interesting way to think about it. The Goddess probably thinks it was just all in a day's work, nothing special. If she was anything like us, at any rate."

Alicia wrings her hands.
"WellyouseeIvolunteeredtogiveasmalltalktosomeofthefirstyearstudentsaboutsafetymeasurestobetakeninanemergency, butIgetreallynervousinfrontofanaudience. Like, supernervous. Ican'teventhinkstraightinfrontofanaudience. Doyoumindhearingmeoutandgivingmesomepointers?"

"Man, Professor Ramsay left us some work here to go through. I wonder how you guys take the heat so well. I see Steven in here all the time, too, and it's like it's not even anywhere above freezing."

"Then....shall we?"

[Now Playing: Duel Theme ~As Fierce as Fire~]
Duel: Theodora Kokkinos vs Orrel Sokolov
Orrel has the first move!
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:24:57 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 22, 2020, 03:40:20 pm »

"I meant more of 'something to confirm' one's expectations, rather than the Goddess going out and seeking it. I doubt she actually went around doing what she did because she wanted to be superiors, but simply because she... Well, wanted to."

----------------------------------------------------

With the mention of Class 3-F, Reeve smirked a little bit, nodding to the angelic knight as she folded her arms underneath her cloak,

"Ah, so you ARE joining my class. Fantastic, and here I was worried that I would be left without another individual to test and perfect my magical prowess."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 22, 2020, 11:27:54 pm »

Arte attack from range after meditating

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 23, 2020, 02:19:26 am »

"Just don't get too ahead of yourself ya hear? The last thing I want to do is have to swoop in and pull you out a situation you can't handle." Astrea flips her hair before following up, "So how are all the 3rd years? All nice I hope. Are there any who you consider worthy of rivaling your 'great magical prowess'?"

-----------------------------------------------

After Astrea's time in the library, she began the process of moving into the 3rd year dorm. It seems the dorm coordinator assigned her to a dorm with someone else, one Sieglinde Weylan it seems. With her gilded moving cases she made her way to the room. I'm sure it couldn't be that bad right? She slowly opens the door...

and its almost like she's entered a war zone. Metal scrap and music sheets were littered all over the floor along with a large pile of clothes forming a hill in the corner of the wall. There was a distinct smell of fire and charcoal mixed with the smell of a gym locker room. Astrea expressed equal parts astonishment and disgust upon seeing the state of this room. There was no way she was going to be able to last in a room like this, but its not like it'll look good if she immediately asks for a room transfer. She'll at least try to clean up a bit and definitely need to fully open the windows.

After a no small amount of time she finally managed to bag up all the scrap and organize the music sheets into a neat stack. She was surprised to find strange parts to what seemed like a leg as well. The room stench still faintly lingered as well. It was a start but that clothes pile definitely needs to be taken care of. It was at this point the exhaustion of everything she's done this day had caught up with her. I suppose nows a good of time as any to read up on that 2nd book she checked out form the library. Pulling her chair out from the unoccupied study desk in the room she began relaxing and enjoying her novel. Trying her hardest to ignore the room smell as she did so.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 23, 2020, 04:54:25 am »

Mus'ad nodded, getting ready to work again as Freddie speaks.
"Well, I don't know about Lin, but I think for me personally it's because of my heritage. Usually this place is pretty cold for me, part of why I wear this cape, but here? It's nice and toasty. A bit like playing outside back when I was younger."
Mus'ad smiles nostalgically as he checks some numbers in a ledger for reference.

The reptillian Ferra is silent as he folds his arms thinking to himself for a few moments before nodding.
"Sure. Heck, if it will help I'll even read your fortune! But yeah, I've gotten some good advice from my dad about public speaking so I'm sure I could help."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 113