Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84550 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #525 on: November 15, 2020, 05:46:29 pm »

Mus'ad provides Orrel with a vision of his victory. Or him getting punched in the face by Idunn.
Quote from: Mus'ad
Mus'ad performs Orrel!
Orrel may move again!

Delwyn and Orrel get to work taking out the last few standing members of Class 3-C, each punctuated by a buzzer and Professor Ramsay's gruff warning.
Quote from: Isabella vs Delwyn
(Delwyn's Flash Lattice is active!)
(Delwyn is out of focus......)
(Lin's Daunt activates!)
(Kaya has called down the rain!)
(Kruger's Dragon Ward is active!)

Delwyn initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Isabella takes 8 damage!

Isabella is defeated!

Quote from: Kaya
Kaya heals Orrel!
Orrel regains 16 HP!

Quote from: Orrel vs. Joel
(Orrel dances with the wind!)
(Kaya's Dragon Ward is active!)
(Joel is exhausted....)

Orrel initiates!
Joel takes 4 damage!

Joel is defeated!

Arnett gains +5 EVA!
~~Enemy Phase~~
Idunn looks around at her class, having all been forced to the sidelines, before she simply flashes Orrel a smirk.
"Tough talk, Orrel! Maybe let's settle this in the training rooms later, huh?"
Quote from: Idunn vs. Orrel
(Kaya's Dragon Ward is active!)
(Idunn unleashes her absorbed damage!)

Idunn initiates!
Hit Rate: 75 to hit
Hit: 56, hit!
Orrel takes 10 damage!

Orrel retaliates!
Hit Rate: 99 to hit
Hit: 30, hit!
Idunn takes 6 damage!

(Idunn's Wrath activates!)

Quote from: Kaya
(Kaya has called the rain!)

Orrel, Catt, Kaya, and Mus'ad regain 10 HP!
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 86/100

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 15, 2020, 05:49:00 pm »

Orrel gave a small shrug and flashed her a smile.

"Ah, well, it was worth a shot."

Orell to J-9, smack Idunn
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:51:34 pm by Swordstar »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 15, 2020, 05:54:02 pm »

"This is the end!"

Steps into where Orrel stood, K-9, attacking Idunn.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:56:15 pm by SirAston »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 15, 2020, 05:55:53 pm »

Cattleya simpled leaned on her sword for support, making no move to attack.
"Urgh... gah, just finish her off."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 15, 2020, 08:19:28 pm »

Orrel, putting up a confident front while realising what exactly would happen if he put himself right next to a very strong Andvar, takes the range advantage.

Quote from: Orrel vs. Idunn
(Orrel dances with the wind!)
(Idunn's Wrath is active!)
(Idunn unleashes her absorbed damage!)

Orrel initiates!
Idunn takes 6 damage!

Idunn is defeated!

As Idunn falls back, rearing back to strike with her fist-
"Halt! Sturlusdottir, you're done! The exercise is over!"
"Huh? That quick?"

Idunn looks almost....disappointed. She lowers her fist.

"Guess that's game. We're having a do-over sometime, Orrel."

Despite the threatening words, Idunn seems to be jesting.

Professor Ramsay doesn't move from his position.
"Class 3-C, you put up an admirable fight. Ballesteros, you made good use of the terrain with your vines. Sturlusdottir, your tenacity is....admirable. Kokkinos, you held out well."
And then he turns to Class 3-F.
"Class 3-F, the victory is yours, but.....that was incredibly risky tactics with Chatgeant. If it weren't for our facilities here....you cannot rely on using her as a bomb in the field. Regardless, Sokolov, your performance was as expected. As was yours, Weylan, despite your unfortunate stumble. All of you did well, and there are also lessons to be learned. I will call in the medical staff shortly to patch up any residual injuries. Clear the floor. We're done for today."

~~~~Map Complete!~~~~
XP: 101/100

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 15, 2020, 09:20:32 pm »

: "...he's right, you know. If it hadn't been for this arena's wards we could well have lost Chatgeant. You shouldn't be be able to take so much damage that you begin to bleed from your eyes, not in this place. We cannot in good conscience rely on that particular strategy again."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 15, 2020, 09:34:37 pm »

Rika, for her part, had walked up to the cat in question and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Y'all all right, hun? Let's get you on home and get a proper meal and some rest in you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 15, 2020, 09:36:15 pm »

Professor Ramsay looks....well, he doesn't look much of anything with his helmet still on, but you get the distinct feeling he's torn between irritation, genuine concern and exasperation.
"...we can't wait for the medical staff. Olivia, we'll need you here."

"Is there someone in need of medical assistance?

The sounds of wheels trundles over the wooden floor behind the group, accompanied by a faint hum. Should anyone be looking to see what was approaching, they'd see what looks like an Automaton on wheels, exposed gears whirring across its back, a hose attached to the front, and a slab of white steel housing a single, red Alphinite eye. A small speaker to the side projects the sound of a young woman's voice, soft and pleasant to the ear.

The automaton wheels itself up to the group. Its eye seems to be studying you, despite it being inanimate crystal, and the hose attached to its front waves around, as if in greeting.

"Medical Automaton Model Curette at your service. Please, call me Olivia. Where is the patient?"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:09:04 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 15, 2020, 09:47:55 pm »

"I must say, fantastic work Weylan. I knew I could count on your assistance, and you indeed proved your prowess" Reeve commented as she walked by Lin, her magic book vanishing underneath her cloak as she regrouped with the rest of her class, casting her gaze upon Olivia as they approached, before casually gesturing to Cattleya. Though she didn't say it, it was clear that Reeve was fairly worried for her classmate, especially with her innate knowledge of magic. Cattleya's arte was powerful, almost absurdly so, but the fact that it caused enough damage to make her bleed from her eye was... Worrying. Not the sort of ability one would wish to use in rapid succession.

In fact, without proper medical assistance, that arte could easily cause her death if she overused it. Yet here Cattleya was, abusing it without hesitation.

... Dear god, Cattleya was more competitive than she was.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 15, 2020, 09:53:18 pm »

Mus'ad nods as he groups up as well.
"Now, everyone give her a break. She did act somewhat within her limits despite going a bit far for just a simple spar.... But still, we owe much of our victory to her, and besides, it's not like I would have stood by if it actually put her at risk."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 15, 2020, 10:29:21 pm »

Orrel couldn't help but feel unsatisfied. Compliments from the professor or not, he couldn't help but feel that he had failed. Rather than trying to be a tactician again, he had let everyone do what they wanted. And that had let to Cattelya almost killing herself with her Arte it seemed. And he'd lost out on his fight with Dora...

"Tch..."

He shook his head. Someone would need to talk to Cattelya about not being so reckless in the future. Especially for a training battle. There had been absolutely no need for that. He looked over at the girl now, noticing Rika resting a hand on her shoulder. Perhaps he could ask her to do it, since they seemed to have a friendly relationship already. Yes, that would do. Still, for now, let the group enjoy the win.

Walking over to where Idunn, he extended a hand.

"Good fight there. Pretty sure my fans here are the only reason I won. Though I can't say I wouldn't mind another round or two some day. Maybe you could teach me something about fighting with those gauntlets of yours. I'm no stranger to a fist fight, but I certainly haven't seen anything quite like those used before. I usually just ended up with bloody knuckles."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #536 on: November 15, 2020, 11:28:33 pm »

Lin gave a nod toward Ramsay that would have been small had it not been for her horns amplifying the gesture.
"Thank you, Professor." She glanced at Reeve as the girl walked past, remaining quiet for several moments as she gave the mage's words entirely too much consideration. Eventually, however, she elected to take the comment at face value. "You too, Polyion."

"Hi, Olivia. It's not me this time, it's. . . Chatgeant." She paused awkwardly in the middle of the sentence before erring on the side of formal. "Probably similar problems though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 15, 2020, 11:48:10 pm »

Arnett could only let out a yelp as Cattleya blew up in his face— and before he knew it, just as he began to recuperate, the battle was over and the vines had dissipated around his feet. He sighed— at least it was over. He paid close attention to Professor Ramsay— a brief moment of excitement was seen on his face at his praising of Sokolov... only to quickly realize that yes, he was talking about his brother. He let out yet another sigh, cleaning and putting his paintbrush away. He wondered if the others would blame him for letting Cattleya blow up a second time with his healing... or criticize his decision to go into the overgrowth.

As with before, Arnett tried to timidly shy away from the group. He knew this tactic usually didn't work— but he was more than willing to clear the floor for Professor Ramsay's sake.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 16, 2020, 04:04:10 am »

"..."

Kruger takes deep breaths to calm down. Having seen Cattleya in such a bloodied state had stirred him towards negative thoughts and emotions he wish not to act upon.
After he opened his eyes again, he notices that Professor Ramsay is already helping her via this peculiar automaton. That should be enough for now, scolding her can happen at a later date.

Out of the corners of his eyes, he saw Arnett taking his retreat. While they haven't really interacted with, Kruger feels like he understood better who the younger Sokolov was, if just a little bit. Of course, Orrel has forbidden him from approaching his brother, but little did he know...

... Kruger does not need to approach people in the first place.
He holds a hand before his mouth, to feign contemplation, while focusing on his unique Arte organ and moving his lips. No audible sound escapes his lips. But a whisper reaches Arnett's ears nonetheless, as if Kruger stood directly in front of him.

"You braved the vines to heal someone else. That requires courage. My opinion of you has improved significantly since the field test. I am proud of you, and even if he is not showing it right now, your brother is most likely proud of you too. That is all, you may leave now if that makes you feel more comfortable."

Then he ends displacing his voice, but he still holds his hand in front of his mouth. A necessity, since displacing is voice is much, much more straining than amplifying and spatially limiting his voice, especially when so many words are used. He wanted to make sure he wasn't coughing blood like the first few times he spoke several words while displacing.

After making sure, he lowered his hand and looked at the class as a whole.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 16, 2020, 04:42:29 am »

Delwyn cleared the floor almost as soon as the lesson was over, happy to stay far away from the Professor's notice and grouping up with the others.

"You'd think if it was too risky, she would've just been called out of the ring, right?"

Also, Arnett seemed to be sneaking away again like he had after the test at Lake Aubray. Given no Kaya attempting to wrangle him yet, Delwyn elected just to give him a curious look.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 113