Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84529 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2020, 05:54:01 pm »

"I guess because of the legs, right? That can't have been easy."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2020, 08:59:18 pm »

Lin nodded, tapping the metal limb in question on the ground for emphasis.
"It wasn't that bad. Most people can't custom build a leg or carry around spares. There was also, uh, some stuff with my Arte, and worrying about my health in general." The smith shrugged.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2020, 10:22:58 pm »

The brothers and Rika soon arrived at the library. Settling down into one of the empty tables, Orrel pulled out his notebook, ready to get writing.

"Alright then, you two. Lets get this over with. The sooner we do that, the sooner we can all get relaxing, ok?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2020, 10:53:06 pm »

"Yep! Once we got you all up to speed I'll fix us some snacks."

Rika took a deep breath in through her nose, appreciating the smell of the library. It wasn't the same smell as the fields, or the barn, but it was still a good smell. Not nostalgic to her particularly but it carried history in it nonetheless.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2020, 11:11:29 pm »

"Y-yeah!" Arnett tried to pump himself up, despite his fears that whatever he did wouldn't make much sense. "Um... how do we, um... do this? I don't usually study in groups like this..."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:58:54 pm by RedMageCole »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 12, 2020, 02:17:15 pm »

"I figure we just ask each other about the parts we don't understand and see if we can explain it to each other. Sometimes you just need to hear something from a different perspective to get it!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 12, 2020, 04:12:18 pm »

"So you lost it young, then? If you don't mind me asking."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2020, 09:38:56 pm »

Lin just shrugged at the question.
"Yeah, I guess I did. I don't really remember it that well." She glanced down for a moment, trailing off with a thoughtful expression. "That was a long time ago. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2020, 06:38:33 am »

"..."
Cattleya was silent for a moment, the air growing solemn, before she suddenly spoke up.
"Goodness, this conversation got heavy. "
"Shall we start the essay? And..."
She turned to rummage in the various boxes and bags piled in her room.
"I have biscuits, jerky, candy, ooh - dried fish, dried squid, dried octopus. Take your pick."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2020, 08:03:39 pm »

"Sorry. Yeah." She shook her head, trying to focus on the topic at hand again. "I'll take jerky, if that's alright."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 25, 2020, 07:35:02 pm »

The next day...
"Class 3-F, Class 3-C, I assume you are aware of today's subject."

Professor Ramsay regards the two classes gathered before him gruffly, as the group gathers in the academy's training rooms, normally reserved for combat practice classes. The training room they are in is a simple affair; a simple floor of wooden planks, large enough to allow multiple classes to maneouvre around, with chalk squares drawn to mark sparring circles, and an elevated, large arena towards the other end of the room, a staircase in front of which the professor stands.

"As you know, you are ordinarily expected to use your abilities against Fiends. Most of your combat time in the field, should you choose to advance there, will be against Fiends. However, Fiends are not the only threats in the field. As you know, an increasing part of the world's population are born with Artes, and this includes those who would use Artes to harm others."
"Thus, you must understand how to remain vigilant against sentient as well as fiendish targets."
You may question the logic of fighting against the Artes of classmates you already know, and we're aware of that. I won't sugarcoat what we can prepare you for. The Automata Fiends you fought were created as a simulacrum of real Fiends, but they are nowhere near as brutal or as strong as the real thing. Similarly, you will be caught unawares in the field by enemies whose Artes you do not know. The aim here is to prime you, prepare you with the basics and trust your skills to carry the rest."

Professor Ramsay folds his arms, his armor groaning to contain his muscular mass.

"Do you have any questions, before we begin today's session?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 25, 2020, 07:52:25 pm »

Kruger raises his hand.

"I do, Professor Ramsay. I understand the importance of 'going through the motions', as one would say, to prepare our minds and bodies."
"However, I also understand that the inflicted harm should not lead to students being unable to attend future classes, or at a disadvantage in concentration due to, for example, lingering pain. My question is hereby, between the point of drawing first blood and becoming unconcious, when is a student considered defeated in this mock battle?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2020, 07:56:11 pm »

For her part, Reeve confidently stood near the front of her class, smug aura radiating off of her as Kruger asked his question, a normal sign for the young girl just before most sparring matches. In fact, she seemed even more smug than usual... Most likely because of the wager that had been put upon the table. She always used these training scenarios as a way to demonstrate her grand power, but now, truly, the eyes of the school would be upon her. So, she would aim to please, as she naturally did.

... She'd also have to take care not to actually go overboard and seriously harm one of her classmates. A moderate singe should be sufficient.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 26, 2020, 10:33:46 am »

"The arena is rigged with special sensors that should detect your injury. I have a device here that will tell me when your injuries risk getting too serious to continue."
Professor Ramsay produces a small (in his hands, anyway, it looks like it'd be the size of a normal-sized tome in anyone else's hands) metallic tablet lined with crystals.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 26, 2020, 12:30:14 pm »

"Excellent work, Professor Ramsay."

Kruger then looks towards the opposing class.

"With such incredible technology, you remain relatively safe while I'm not holding back."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 113