Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84530 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #435 on: October 06, 2020, 02:36:42 pm »

"Hmmm..."
"How about my room? I have all the study materials, my parents sent over everything I could possibly need."
"Plus, I have something you can't get in the library."
"Snacks."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2020, 12:38:12 am »

Mus'ad, overhearing Kruger talking to Reeve about the bet, walks over himself.
"I wouldn't say that Kruger. Sometimes it's most wise to just accept a loss and use it as a trap... But I suppose it's easy to say that when I can plan most things."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2020, 08:47:21 am »

"Snacks sound good. Um, I'd offer to grab some of mine, but I don't want to dig into Vicky's stuff." Her tone was a bit more relaxed-sounding now that the difficult part (to her) was over.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2020, 08:57:40 am »

Kruger turns around to the Scaris classmate.

"Ah, it's you, Mus'ad."
"... Don't forget that my father is Radolf Armin Josef Wallhaim, war minister of the Rheinberg Confederation. I believe I do have some insight on how to turn an inavoidable short-term loss into a long-term victory when necessary."
"Of course, that loss is not short-term for the friends and families of those directly involved..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2020, 01:38:00 pm »

Mus'ad almost rolls his eyes, but manages to avoid it in the end. Instead, he casually flaps his hand in half annoyance as he speaks.
"So dour! Not everything is war and death and killing you know. What about taking a fall in a title bout to quietly retire with a large sum of money? Or even just losing a hand of cards to make your opponent cocky in the next round? Ooh, or letting your brother think he won an argument and then letting your mother happen upon those salacious books he'd hidden. That was a personal favorite of mine."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 08, 2020, 04:41:19 pm »

"Don't worry about it. I have plenty."
"I'm allergic to chocolate anyway, if that's what you had in mind."

Cattleya led the way to her room. Her portion of it was, well, rather crowded. Half her bed was taken up by a gigantic plush fish, barely any smaller than the felis herself. Books were stacked on shelves and in piles on the floor of all manners of genres, among packets of sweets, snacks, and other edible rubbish. Her gigantic sword was careful wrapped in cloth and leant on the foot of her bed next to a cleaning kit. On the bedside table, a photo took pride of place - Cattleya stood amongst four other, much taller Felis, three female, one male. The male - obviously her father - had to lean down to fit in the photo, while Cattleya herself was clearly standing on a box below the frame. The two Felis of similar ages top Cattleya were almost as tall.

The table had stools - no chairs, of course, because backed chairs were uncomfortable for those with tails, such as herself.

"Make yourself at home."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 08, 2020, 06:06:32 pm »

"... Those aren't losses if your sacrifices are without meaning in the end, Mus'ad."
"Like in Chess - a game I happen to have gained competence in at an early age, including expertise in several variant rules - Sacrifice is a regularily-utilized tactic to gain what you desire on the board. That is the nature of your examples. You already knew what you might get out of losing something that had no real worth in the first place."

Kruger sighs.

"If a real life is the price being asked though..."
"... Frankly, I'd rather prefer to talk about today's excellent lesson on the curative properties of Alphinite. I can't help but think about how every single one of us might be able to manifest their Arte in ways that heals people."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #442 on: October 08, 2020, 10:42:32 pm »

"Sure." Out of habit, Lin bobbed her head down slightly as she moved through the doorway. She paused once inside, taking more than a few moments to scout out a clear location to set her bag down (though her expression seemed otherwise unbothered by the clutter.) The belgor moved to take one of the stools; she stopped just as she began to sit down, looking at the family picture with an odd expression for several seconds before finally getting back to what she'd been doing.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 09, 2020, 04:23:39 pm »

Cattleya noticed her gaze.
"Yeah, that's my family. Papa, Mama, and my two sisters. Catherine and Catrinel. "
"I'm the... they're the taller two. They studied here, too."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 09, 2020, 05:14:06 pm »

All of Mus'ad and Kruger's pontificating over life and death, of course, just gets Kaede staring at them like they started speaking Frankish in front of her.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #445 on: October 09, 2020, 05:46:33 pm »

Sieglinde looked between the photo and Cattleya, but decided not to comment on the height differential. Even she knew that might not be the best idea.
"Is it hard to deal with family expectations and stuff? I've heard that people can get weird about it when a relative of someone they know shows up."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 09, 2020, 06:21:43 pm »

Kruger turns his head towards Kaede.

"Anyway. As far as I understood it, we do not have to contribute to the pot. So it is either gaining 1000 thaler, or losing absolutely nothing."
"Curse my pedigree, how could a politician ever reject such a risk-free offer? For the sake of fairness, I will relay that bet to the rest of our class to discuss it, but if you won't hear anything else, consider the bet accepted. See you on the field of glory, Miyajima."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 09, 2020, 06:28:44 pm »

Mus'ad looks over to Kaede, as if he just remembered she was there, before nodding.
"And I just can't turn down a bet. Mom says I get it from my dad's side. Same with the way I collect pretty rocks."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2020, 09:38:44 am »

"It's... not so much people tend to have too high expectations for me."
"Just because I'm not quite nine feet tall like Papa, everyone seems to think I can't live up to my family name. I'm not niave. I know I've been a little coddled in my life."
"I'm trying my best! It's not my fault I haven't hit my growth spurt yet!"
"Honestly, I think they expected me to quit when I wasn't allowed to bring a maid."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2020, 03:20:38 pm »

"That sounds like a pain." Lin bent over in her seat to fish some blank paper and writing utensils out of her bag, continuing to speak as she did so.
"I think I can relate, though. Lots of people thought I wouldn't be able to do the stuff I do now. Uncle Hansi almost didn't let me take the combat exam to get in here. Although, I guess the reasons were a little different."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 113