Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84524 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #405 on: October 02, 2020, 05:09:37 pm »

Arnett enjoyed the lecture... For the most part. After all, he knew quite a bit about Alphinite and its healing properties— he had to learn after all for the sake of creating his Alphinite paints. Of course, he knew enough that he could write a five paragraph essay on it. However, he absolutely did not want to considering he wanted to practice his painting; to recall what it was like to paint that Imago of his. He had been so afraid to paint one after those previous incidents with it, feeling so drained as a result... but it would let him be a bit more useful than just attempting and failing to heal.

With a slouched body and worried expression, Arnett made for his room to inevitably board himself up for the whole day... or so he thought he would, at least.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 02, 2020, 07:18:50 pm »

Ah. It would have been nice to ask Rika for a study together. But with Orrel disliking me, that opportunity is now lost...
Asking Sieglinde would feel weird right now. Cattleya is annoyed with me at the moment. I couldn't connect with Delwyn right now, so asking her now would also feel out of place...
... It seems like I have been unable to be a proper classmate all those years.

Kruger stares into his notes, flipping through them occasionally.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2020, 08:37:29 pm »

He knew what his brother would prefer. But that was going to be too bad for him. As Arnett walked by, clearly trying to sneak back to their room, Orrel reached out and grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

"Come on Arnett. You, me, and Rika got a study date in the library. I know you want to head back to the room, but surely you want to try and help make sure your brother doesn't have to drop out of school because of a single essay, right?"

He winked at Rika over Arnett's head, hoping she would play along.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2020, 08:42:44 pm »

"Indeed we do, Arnett. We'll make sure your brother is on top of his learning and then I can make y'all some tea and cookies. You'll paint better with a proper snack in your belly and no homework hanging over your head."

Rika did see the wink, but she was still entirely sincere. She'd only been at this particular academy for a relatively short time but rooming with the brothers had left her with an idea of their proclivities, and she knew damn well what Arnett was trying to do.

"In fact, tell you what. If you want, and we get done with time to spare, I could model for you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 02, 2020, 08:53:19 pm »

Arnett hardly realized his impending grabbing until it was too late— he let out a small yelp as he was grabbed, not fighting the yank once he realized it was his brother (he didn't mind being grabbed, and knew that if he did try to fight his brother he'd lose in a heartbeat).

"S-study date? I- uh... well, no, I don't, but..."

Arnett stammered for a bit before Rika interjected. She was right— if he put off eating again he'd probably just lose focus and make basically no progress. And plus— Arnett really didn't want Orrel to have to drop out of school. Yet he had no confidence in being able to teach, even if he knew how it worked... Rika, however, did manage to get Arnett into a motivated gear by the promise of modeling— he had a small mannequin to help, but having an actual person as a frame of reference was sure to give him a better working of how to give life to something human-like.

"O-okay, I'll try...! Thankfully it is a subject I'm decent at, I just hope everything I say makes sense, I have an easy grasp on the practice but the concepts are a bit trickier to explain..."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 02, 2020, 08:53:59 pm »

"You know, because you can't just open him up and walk right through him. And because it isn't his name. I guess."

Delwyn finally glanced towards Kruger himself.

"Really, you seem more like you're moping than amused."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 02, 2020, 09:10:12 pm »

Perfect. She knew exactly what to say to get Arnett to agree. He flashed her a smile, once again thanking whatever admin had decided to assign them all to the same room. He could only imagine how other arrangements might have gone...

"Well that's easy then. You help me with the practical, Rika helps me with the theory, and I buy you both a drink after it's all over."

He ruffled Arnett's hair and gestured towards the library.

"Shall we then?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2020, 09:15:35 pm »

"I ain't ever done any modeling before, so be patient with me, all right?"

Rika nodded to Orrel.

"Lead the way, good sir."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:54 pm »

Arnett let out an instinctive giggle upon having his hair ruffled— he was in a significantly better mood.

"I-I'm okay with that! And I'll be patient Rika— I'll try to make it easy on you, modelling can be time-consuming normally..."

Before Arnett could get too chattery, he stopped himself and decided to follow along to the library, a bit more of a skip in his step.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2020, 03:49:52 am »

"Oh, don't worry, Delwyn. If I wouldn't be so distracted by thinking about today's lesson, I might have let out an earnest small laugh. It was funny, promise."
"... If that is a satisfactory compensation to you, we could go to the library together. Studying together might prove to require less energy for you to keep up your streak of passed tests."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:17:08 am by SirAston »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2020, 12:06:28 pm »

"It's just hard for me to read your face since I usually try not to have to look at it," Delwyn said, more matter-of-factly than anything.

"Why the sudden interest in studying together, anyway? I wouldn't think I'd be your first choice."

"Or anywhere above... sixth. Seventh."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 04, 2020, 05:34:12 am »

"... I can't blame you. It's hard for me to look at faces, too."
"And I don't sort people into a priority list like that. I don't think stuff like 'Oh, that person seems nice and sociable, I wanna spend effort and time into building up a relationship'. I simply observe, and act based on my observations and my sense of honor."
"And right now, my honor demands to be of assistance since I couldn't give your jest the attention and justice it deserved."
"But all I can do is offer. If you wish to not go, I will accept that."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 04, 2020, 01:54:09 pm »

Delwyn had the sneaking suspicion that the reason why Kruger didn't like looking at people's faces was different than why she personally preferred to avoid his face. But she let it slide.

"You sure take jokes seriously. Giving yourself the obligation to pay people back for things that don't even matter - that's too much trouble. I mean, if no one else cares, is it really honor, or are you just doing it for yourself?"

"... Let's just go before I think better of it."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2020, 02:37:01 pm »

"That is an excellent question..."

Kruger starts leading the way to the library while being in thoughts.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2020, 02:49:45 pm »

Mus'ad, after finishing up writing some notes and triple checking for anything not clearly written, (his hand writing had always been atrocious much to the displeasure of his teachers.) stood up looking around the class room idly. He could probably bang out the essay himself, given he already had experience on the subject... but it'd feel like less of a drag with someone else to talk too. Besides, maybe he could help one of his less knowledgeable classmates with their own essay.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 113