Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84513 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2020, 05:12:32 pm »

"My first name."
She looked to the side awkwardly.
"That is - you may address me with it. We are class mates, after all."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2020, 06:13:06 pm »

"Promise!" This time, Arnett didn't stutter. He did his best to make sure he sounded genuine and not just nervous and awkward.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2020, 05:46:22 am »

Maximus turns around, heading into a corner of the stables, one just out of sight of the doors and crouches down, his large frame still visible over the horses and pegasi housed within. After a few moments, he picks up a bundle of cloth, moving quickly to meet Arnett.

In his gigantic hands, a small puppy (probably a Cardigan, one of the Yorkian local breeds), peers out of the bundle, sable and white fur, slightly covered in hay.

"He was a stray."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2020, 07:16:08 pm »

Orrel stayed in the dining hall for a minute or two longer, letting the two new students chat briefly with 3-A, but eventually signaled them to follow after him. Heading down towards the lake, it was easy to spot their next class. Gesturing towards them, he grinned.

"And there's the rest of them. Easy enough to see from here I suppose."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2020, 05:54:16 pm »

For a brief instant, Reeve looked back at Cattleya, surprise clear on her face as she mentally processed her request. However, after that instant, Reeve nodded, resuming her walk to the Dining Hall with as much grace as possible despite her pause,

"That's a fair point Cattleya. I'll do my best to honor your request."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2020, 05:56:48 pm »

Arnett's eyes sparkled at the sight of the very, very cute puppy.

"He's adorable...! And it's really nice that you're able to give the little guy a home..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2020, 06:03:07 pm »

The lightest hint of a smile crosses Maximus' face.
"I found him in the rain a few weeks ago while we were in the city. Had to ask around to make sure nobody owned him first and then get him back here."

As Reeve and Cattleya walk back in to report their success, they find Kaede and Jackson conversing over a pint.
"....I can't believe you and your brother used to be dog breeders! Did you guys have to, like, sell puppies? Could I see one? They sound cute!"
"The one thing the famous killjoy Kaede Miyajima gets excited about. And no, our uncles were dog breeders. We just helped them out from time to time."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2020, 01:13:04 pm »

Miraculously, Reeve managed to retrace her steps back into the Dining Hall, striding into the large room with no sense of subtlety. Not bothering to wait for a moment, she immediately locked onto the two Union members, having a polite chat while they no doubt waited for Reeve and Cattleya's report, naturally heading over to them,

"Hello again Miyajima, Sloane. I hate to interrupt, but Cha-Cattleya and I have returned from our meeting with the dear Prez and Vice-Prez" Reeve stated as she approached, clapping her hands together as her smug grin grew, turning her gaze to the Union secretary,

"Sloane, your hypothesis seems to be correct, the two are obviously going through some lover's quarrel. With any luck, them being reminded of their jobs will be all that's needed."
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 13, 2020, 08:25:25 pm »

Arnett couldn't help but smile as well in response to Maximus's gentle giant of a smile.

"That's really thoughtful of you, making sure the puppy wasn't lost. You've been taking care of him this whole time, though? Gosh... That's a lot of hard work," Arnett nodded in understanding, his gaze still being trained on the small dog. "...Can I pet him?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2020, 04:41:13 pm »

"Go ahead. Just be gentle."

Jackson looks smug. Kaede, after huffing, shakes her head.
"See? I was right. Now pay up."
"N-no way! I want proof."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2020, 10:07:49 am »

"Miyajima, I don't carry around a camera, so I don't know how you'd expect me to present physical proof, or any proof beyond just telling you to question them yourself"

"However, if you really want details, all you need to do is ask. I'd be more than happy to share what Cattleya and I saw at the Union room."
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2020, 07:46:01 pm »

"Oh? Tell us the juicy details."
"J-juicy details?! No. Don't....d-don't tell me Jack was RIGHT."

As Orrel arrives by the lakeside with his charges in tow, he finds a few members of class missing; mainly Maximus, Joel, Kaede and Jackson.

"My, my. Are these the new arrivals? Certainly dressed for the part. We're just waiting for the others, Orrel. I believe they're on Union business. Except Maximus; you know how much he likes to tend to the horses."
"Isabella Ballesteros, a pleasure to meet you. I believe you have yet to meet the others."
"Is that....Felix Koopman? The Thunder Spear of Rheinberg? I'm a fan of yours! I'm Idunn. A pleasure to meet someone like you in the flesh!"
"A fan, huh? Always nice to meet one. My tournament days are behind me, but it'll be nice to work with you. This is my girlfriend, Christine."
"Nice to meet you, Idunn! If you're a big fan of Felix's, I suppose we'll get along just fine, yeah? Long as you don't try to steal him."

A small ball of fur pokes out from behind Idunn, before revealing the tiny Alicia.
"Thesearethenewarrivalsright? Okaythat'sgoodtohear. I'mAlicia, classsafetyrepresentativeforClass3-C. Whenwe'redonewithourexamsI'dliketoshowyoumysafetypresentationsforhandlingtrainingweapons."
"....what?"
"Alicia's.....a little nervous. Always."
"Alwaysconcernedaboutclasssafety. Thisisaverydangerousfieldofworkandtherearealwaysrisks."
"Felix, it's good to see you."

Theodora calmly nods at him. Felix nods back. The pair needed no introduction.

"A rematch between the Untouchable Girl of Miletos and the Thunder Spear of Rheinberg. Can't write this sort of stuff."

A Salis youth with insect-like wings steps out next to Theodora, patting her on the shoulder. She smiles a little at the gesture.
"That's our Theodora, always so dependable. Oh, by the way, I'm Andreas. Nice to finally meet my friend's oldest rival."
"I believe that's all of us here except....hm. Nicholas. Would you be so kind as to introduce yourself?"
Isabelle nudges the young man, who's currently nose-deep in Fiends: How to Identify and Subdue Them.

"A-ah!"
"O-oh. Sorry, Isabella."
"N-Nicholas Sloane. Looking forward to working with you."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 07:50:36 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 15, 2020, 08:25:06 pm »

"Oh yes, he happened to be correct this time. You'd be surprised at what people do behind closed doors, even when they're not locked" Reeve stated, quickly moving to Kaede's side, leaning up against the Treasurer with a mischievous grin,

"See, when we entered the Union room, we happened across quite the scandalous sight. Our dear Prez and Vice-Prez on a couch, Kuriyama on top, Harvey below-" Reeve continued, leaning in further and bringing a hand to her mouth so she could whisper her next words to Kaede, content to leave Jackson to his own imagination,

"-kissing each other. Lip. To. Lip."
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2020, 03:08:41 am »

A moment passes. Kaede scoffs.
"Now I KNOW you're lying. She thinks kissing's too lewd. She's pretty....sheltered."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2020, 10:57:07 am »

At Kaede’s scoff, Reeve visibly deflated, pushing herself off of the Treasurer with an audible sigh,

“Aw, and here I thought I’d be able to get a reaction out of you. Ah well, can’t have it all.”

“But no, I’m still being serious. At least partially. We found them playing with tape, and seemed pretty into it before we interrupted them. I believe Kuriyama’s exact words were-” Reeve paused, clearing her throat before mimicking what Himiko told her, managing to change her pitch so that she almost sounded like the Union President, but not quite, “‘This is official Union business!’”

“The two then proceeded to talk all over each other in an attempt to defend themselves, bickering like an old, married couple. Was quite adorable, to be honest, but they never did explain how them being on top of one another was 'union business'.”
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 113