Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84516 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2020, 03:40:14 pm »

Indeed, Arnett was just about to worry about the fact that he was bothering Maximus considering he was facing away from him... until the yelp of a puppy could be heard. Arnett froze, still holding the broom closely to him.

"D-Did you hear that?" Arnett said in almost a panic as he looked around, trying to locate the source of the yelp. "It has to be a stray, unless—" He awkwardly paused, realizing... "...Do you...?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 03:44:15 pm by RedMageCole »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2020, 03:43:59 pm »

Maximus simply, slowly turns around. As he turns to face Arnett, he visibly gulps.
"....i-it's not mine. The puppy. It's not for me."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2020, 03:46:06 pm »

Arnett tilted his head in slight confusion, slowly looking around— where did the puppy go?

"Not... for you? Are you looking for its owner, maybe?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2020, 03:47:35 pm »

"....Kaede."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2020, 03:56:53 pm »

"Doing your best's great... when you know that it's something that's worth it."

Delwyn made a show of sighing.

"And just my luck then, stuck with overachievers. At least they're interesting."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 07, 2020, 03:59:33 pm »

"I agree, and thanks. You did admirably yourself Chatgéant" Reeve replied as she began strolling down the hall, mentally retracing the steps they took to get to the Union room in order to return to the Dining Hall, happily ignoring the two lovebird's quarrel from behind the locked door. They had an odd way of showing their affection, but Reeve was no judge. Girls will be girls, boys will be boys, as the saying goes.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2020, 04:15:30 pm »

Arnett perked up a bit.

"Oh, maybe we can...!... Go look for her?..." Arnett once more felt awkward after his moment of confidence. "If you, uh... Need any help... maybe?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 07, 2020, 04:19:36 pm »

Kruger looks at the two characters entering the dining hall, adressing Class 3-A.

I agree with Steven's impression. They look capable. Then again, if they weren't, they wouldn't be here, so I need to be stricter in my judgment...
That Felix has a past history with Kokkinos... A formidable fighter, but also the potential seed of rivalry between two physical powerhouses of 3-A and 3-C. I should keep that in mind, to not step on a spiked pitfall. Seems to be a good sport about being inferior to her, but it's too early to decide if he's honest and earnest or the wearer of a mask. After all, there is no excellence without a price...
As for Christine... Hm... She was worried about being the youngest, so she is likely to be a prodigy in something. Considering her outfit, she excels in one intellectual topic, or is a know-it-all of fine caliber. The latter would actually worry me... Those who are too eager to learn everything tend to eventually pay with their life for their insatiable hunger.

He drinks from his glass, filled with a second serving of lemonade, then slightly raises the glass in the air for a second, as to give the newcomers a barely-noticeable cheers.

But for now, welcome to Solrise, fresh students of 3-A.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 07, 2020, 04:27:23 pm »

"No!"
Maximus catches himself.
"....not yet. It's not her dog. Yet."

"I can understand why someone would want to do their best in everything. I have always been of the firm belief one should perform to their fullest, even when there's nothing at stake."
Theodora raises an eyebrow at Delwyn.
"....but sometimes, taking it easy is good, too."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 07, 2020, 04:45:44 pm »

Arnett visibly flinched at the sudden outburst, before calming down. Right. Okay. He needed to calm down.

"Okay- okay, I see, the puppy's a gift, I see...!" Arnett paused, holding the broom closer to himself. "Um... You- um- do you know if Kaede wants a dog? Because, um..." Arnett looked a bit shaky. "Well, I, um... I actually did want a dog for my birthday one time... but you kind of learn that dogs are a lot of responsibility, and I couldn't do it with how much time I spent in my room..." Arnett suddenly began to panicked. "B-But that's not to say Kaede's not capable of it like I am! I just... Want to make sure you get her the right gift, is all..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 07, 2020, 04:55:39 pm »

"....she used to have a dog, before she went to Solrise. Had to give it away to her grandmother because she couldn't take it all the way here. Her birthday was coming up, so...."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 07, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »

"... I hope you're not just saying that for my sake, but thanks, I think."

Delwyn set her tools down, confident that her work had achieved sufficient mediocrity, and gave Theodora a smile.

"I'm not the sort of person to care about everything that way. But maybe I'll catch you some other time trying your best on something else."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2020, 05:05:29 pm »

"Oh...!" Phew... Although Arnett felt the embarrassment of prying into the situation, at least he felt like he could go on in good conscience... and with a full set of functioning limbs. "That's really nice of you... Can I see the puppy? Um... If it's okay!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 08, 2020, 04:28:05 pm »

Orrel chuckled, watching the chaos of the newcomers meeting 3-A. He shook his head.

"You guys are going to overwhelm them with all your chatter. And the gossip and the challenges... Ah well, they'll have to get used to it sometime, right?"

Still there was some good information to be had in there.

"Hmm, down by the lake, huh? Guess if they haven't had their test yet, it's a good place to gather. Well, we can head down there once you two are ready."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 09, 2020, 03:45:34 pm »

"Most assuredly not just for your sake. Though I do have to be reminded from time to time. Andreas takes....some glee in reminding me."
Theodora sighs.

"....only if you promise not to tell Kaede. Or anyone else."

"We're ready when you are."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 113