Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84497 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #330 on: August 31, 2020, 03:10:25 pm »

"Well, I haven't really been, so I wouldn't really know..."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 31, 2020, 06:18:57 pm »

Arnett continued to feel extremely awkward not talking to the only other person currently working with him at the stables, so he decided to speak up.

"Um... do you ride horses? I've... never gotten the chance or courage to try riding one."

Even if it was the smallest of small talk.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2020, 06:24:37 pm »

"Innocence? I'm not naive, Polyion. I know couples spend time holding hands, and private hugs, and the like."
She gave her sternest gaze to the two heads of the Union.
"But if you two aren't doing anything, then there's no reason for things not to get done! There's no excuse for not working your hardest, even if you do want to sit together and play with tape!"
"Besides, it's probably bad form to use academy office materials for playing around."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 31, 2020, 06:26:25 pm »

"Well, I haven't really been, so I wouldn't really know..."
Mus'ad nods.
"Then maybe we could check it out together? Can't say I know much about Lamias and Labyrinths, but I am pretty good with card games."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 31, 2020, 06:44:27 pm »

Suddenly, Katarina is right next to Mordecai, crouching next to him.
"...you need to relax. Don't tense up. If you tense up, you'll hurt yourself."

: "I thought tensing up was the point, to make your muscles work harder. If I don't push myself, how will I get tougher?" Not to mention that Mordecai found it rather difficult to relax in public. To the vampire, curling up with a good book was his idea of leisure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 31, 2020, 07:11:13 pm »

"Well said Chatgéant" Reeve noted with a nod, casually ignoring Cattleya's defense in order to focus on the problem at hand. She could take the time in order to open an entire reality that Chatgéant was unaware of, but why would she ruin the magic for someone else?

... Additionally, Reeve was certain that she would kill the two lovebirds in front of them with heart attacks if she started explaining.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 01, 2020, 01:40:19 am »

It felt like a long pause before Delwyn replied to Theodora. It wasn't really, but it seemed like it for some reason, because of the heat of the forges or because she was focused on her work for once or because of any number of things it wasn't worth the bother to think about. Next time, she'd see if she could slack her way into just categorizing weapons.

"Same to you," Delwyn said, returning the compliment in the spirit it was meant. Then she shrugged with the sort of ease that came naturally to her, in the way that she'd seized this opportunity to take a break in her work as soon as Theodora had provided it.

"You know, for the big fuss that it was, all I mostly had to do was stand by."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 01, 2020, 04:40:41 pm »

"It's a balance. You push yourself too hard, you'll make it harder to train. You also need to keep loose to move better."
Katarina, for her part, is still eyeing Mordecai's body calmly, like a bird of prey eyeing a particularly interesting branch.

"Yes. It's....not easy for me, either."
Maximus is....it seems, equally awkward. But, it should be reasonably self-evident as to why a fairly large Andvar would find it difficult to ride a horse.

"This ISN'T playing around! This is Union business!"
"D-don't keep saying that! You're going to dig us deeper!"
"D-don't say stuff like that, you'll make them think we were up to something lewd! Like kissing!"

"Don't be so modest. Every little helps."

"Alright, if you want! Uh....they're meeting in the East Wing in about ten minutes. Do you wanna walk there now or...?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 01, 2020, 05:49:26 pm »

"Oh, that's not it. I was just thinking it'd be nice if next time I didn't need to help out at all." Delwyn turned away briefly to at least keep up the appearance of continuing to work, then turned back to Theodora.

"What was your take on it? Is class 3-C just as focused on beating the others' scores too?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 02, 2020, 01:11:34 pm »

Arnett was just about to make some stupid comment about how 'oh yeah, I can see why' until realizing that doing so would be pointless, even more awkward and probably just get him trampled by a horse for his troubles. For this reason, he swept for a little bit with a further pause.

"Well... At least you worked something out and that's what matters! It'd just probably be impractical for me... well, if I used staves, it probably wouldn't, but I don't think it'd be... optimal to paint another person while on a horse."

Arnett mentally checked that on a now-created list of 'sentences that nobody except he would ever say'.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2020, 09:46:22 am »

"Oh, I'm sure you two weren't doing something like that. Such an event would be rather scandalous" Reeve joked as Himiko continued to worsen the situation the two found themselves in. In all honesty, she was surprised Kaede didn't believe in Sloane's hypothesis; it was clear that the two were very much attracted to each other in their own unique way. Though she could partially understand, she might've missed the various hints if she was too focused on responsibilities.

"Well, I'm pleased we were able to have this small chat and remind you of your duties, but Chatgéant and I should be off. I shall be letting Sloane and Miyajima know that you two should be back on track, but if you have any words to pass by them, I'd be willing to pass them along."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 03, 2020, 08:44:31 pm »

Stupid. He had to deal with that better. Moving forward, the chances of him meeting people who knew his father only grew. Get it together Sokolov.

"No, don't apologize. You were simply trying to do the polite thing. My father was a great man, or so I'm told, and I'm sure he would be honored to know that his men told stories of him. Thank you. Truly. He was a good soldier and a wonderful father. I am lucky to have had him for as long as I did."

Still, moving on was perhaps the right choice. They soon reached the dining hall, and Orrel opened the door for them with a sweeping gesture.

"Come inside. Your classmates await."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 04, 2020, 11:16:08 pm »

Mordecai, feeling more and more uncomfortable under the scrutiny Katarina was giving him, decided to beat a hasty retreat.

: "Oh I, uh, just remembered! I have to do a, um, make-up exam with Professor Estelle. Thank you for the advice, and please excuse me." The vampire bowed, then left the gymnasium as quickly as he could without appearing rude. He had no such make-up exam, of course, magical studies were by far his best subject, but the staring had been creeping him out. Mordecai decided to try and avoid the gym for a few days.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 05, 2020, 06:52:09 pm »

"Your confessions of lewdity aside, I trust the message has gotten across, so as Polyion has said, we'll take our leave."

As they left and the door shut behind them:
"I think that went well. Good work."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 05:11:05 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 07, 2020, 03:32:37 pm »

Reeve and Cattleya get blank stares as the names of Kaede and Jackson are brought up.

As they walk down the corridor, they can hear the argument starting up again. The distinct sounds of both of them accusing the other of getting Kaede and Jackson (and then subsequently, Reeve and Cattleya) involved can be heard.

Oops. Well, better report back to Kaede and Jackson with your "results", as the case may be.

Katarina, after Mordecai runs off, stays a moment, before shrugging and getting back to her own workout. No skin off her back.

Theodora lightly smiles.
"We're here to do our best and that's all. Beating scores is really no concern of ours."

It occurs to Arnett that Maximus has been, in fact, facing away from him this whole time, facing towards a corner. Before Arnett can wonder why, as Maximus simply nods, the unmistakable noise of a puppy's yelp can be heard.

Maximus freezes.

Felix and Christine walk in, looking around for Class 3-A. It doesn't take them long to find them, either.

"Are you guys Class 3-A? We'd like to introduce ourselves. We're Felix and Christine."

"I see. You look strong. A good addition to our class. My name is Steven Harrigan. I am 3-A's class representative. Please feel free to come ask me about anything you are unfamiliar with."
"Are these the new students? Hmph. Don't be so hasty with praise, Steven. They have yet to prove themselves."
"Oh, get off your high horse, Faulkner! Don't mind her. Her bark, whiny as it might be, is worse than her bite."
"Do you insist on doing this to EVERYONE we meet? A Faulkner has her pride to preserve."

Annika and Freddie make their way up next.
"I'm Annika! It's really nice to meet new friends. I'm really looking forward to working with you all!"
"Wait, are you....you can't be twenty-one, surely."
"Twenty, actually! Why?"
"Oh, thank the Sculptor, I'm NOT the youngest one here!"
"Yeah, an honest pleasure to meet you folks. Name's Freddie, Freddie Jones. Real pleasure to meet ya. If y'all don't mind, do pay a visit to the Jazz Society later. It'd be much appreciated."
"Frederick's music-"
"Just Freddie. Only my ma calls me Frederick. We talked about this, Toby."
"Freddie's music can soothe even the darkest and foulest of evil beasts. I, Tobias Larson, manipulate the shadows themselves. It is pleasure to meet you, new comrades."
Tobias shoots a sheepish, apologetic look at Freddie, who simply smiles and nods.
"Name's Per. Nice to meet you guys! Looking forward to training with ya. Heard Felix here's a tournament winner. Two time winner and five time runner-up of the Erebian Exhibition Tournament."
"Hey, I wasn't THAT good. Besides....you have the woman I lost to here, don't you? I heard Theodora Kokkinos was attending. Maybe I'll get my rematch."
"There's a few other guys. Um....Himiko's in the Union Room probably making out with Joel and Katarina's in the training room like always except when she and Per are all but making out but....I think most of 3-C should be around the lake? I remember Isabella wanting to meet everyone around there before their tests later."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 113