Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84467 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2020, 10:05:51 pm »

Arnett paused in place, trying his absolute best to hold his pose while being blissfully unaware of how dorky he looked. When he heard the whirring of the shutter, he felt himself melt as he stopped holding his pose... before melting even further when Delwyn laughed, looking away and towards the ground as his face grew red with a slight grimace.

"I-I mean, I'm not totally antisocial... well, I am, but I'm not always so... distant... with my emotions..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2020, 10:08:26 pm »

Mordecai wasn't really sure what to make of Rika's extra-familiar way of speaking. It reminded him of the way some of the elders addressed their great-grandchildren.

: "Never met a stew I didn't like, though I've never had fish stew - you called it 'gumbo'? - before. It sounds strange to me...though of course I'm not one to judge." He added that last bit hastily, painfully afraid of insulting his classmate. Not only was she being perfectly polite, she was also rather taller than he was and much better muscled.

: "Ah, I wonder what else should be served. We could use an extra set of hands."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2020, 10:17:50 pm »

"No, it's perfect. It really is."

"Like, being antisocial isn't what I meant. What I mean is, when I ask someone to pose for a picture, they're aware of the camera so they act differently. Sometimes they try to act natural. Sometimes they put their best foot forward. I appreciate you showing that side to me, even if I didn't expect it."

"... Besides, I won't be giving the picture to anyone else but you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2020, 10:20:37 pm »

"Yeah, gumbo! It usually has all kinds of seafood in it: fish, crawdads, shrimp. Catfish is the best if you can get them, the ornery cusses; my uncle Erich swears he always caught his with his own hands but I reckon if he was a rooster he also would think the sun came up just to hear him crow, that's the kind of man he is, bless his heart."

Rika was clearly joking in a friendly manner; she loved her whole family but lord almighty that Erich would tell a tale taller than an oak sometimes.

"We should go fishing as a class sometime. It'll be a fun trip. We'll fix our own poles, bring the swimsuits and the bait and the drinks, maybe a lunch, and relax by the lake all day."

Mordecai mused about what else they should serve, and she thought about it as she stirred the plums in a pan of water to soften them.

"Meat might be off the table but I reckon we could fix some good cornbread to dip in the stew."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2020, 10:29:38 pm »

: "I've never gone fishing before, but that should be an interesting experience. Could be fun, too." Privately though, Mordecai decided then and there to skip the bathing suit part of the trip. His kind got sun burnt far too easily.

: "And...'corn bread'? What's that? Surely you can't make bread with that weird yellow vegetable."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2020, 10:36:17 pm »

Arnett's demeanor turned sheepish, his embarrassment now being replaced with warmth at Delwyn's explanations even if he felt somewhat badly about misinterpreting her laugh and her words. However, his blush didn't go away— though at least it was in a more positive manner this time.

"I... I'm glad that I did okay, then. Th-thanks." He gently dug his foot into the ground, feeling shy but at least still willing to go out in public and see people. "...Does... um... does that mean we can be friends?... Since I feel like I can, um, show you that side of me and all."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2020, 10:38:34 pm »

"Why, you sure can! You just take the kernels and grind them into powder - if you're making the cornmeal yourself instead of buying it from the store. Then you mix it up with flour, sugar, salt, and some baking powder, stir in some eggs, milk, and vegetable oil, and whisk it up into a batter. Then you just cook that in a pan for a little bit under an hour and there you go: fresh cornbread!"

"It's a lot thicker, dryer, and sometimes a little sweeter than white bread, but it's so good. It goes with anything saucy, like stew or gravy. But too much'll make you fat, so my family only fixed it on Sundays. I hope all y'all like it - and the pudding, too."

"Speaking of, what kind of food do you like outside of stew?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2020, 10:45:57 pm »

"... Sure."

"After all, I've still got a lot of questions to ask you about painting, when we're not late for the celebration."

Delwyn hopped off the stairs and began heading towards the dining hall, glancing back at Arnett to make sure he was coming, and not even a bit more hurried than she'd been before despite her words.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2020, 10:59:00 pm »

Arnett's face managed to go back to a somewhat goofy grin.

"Y-yeah! I'd be happy to answer any questions...! And I'll ask some about photography, too...!" To be honest with himself, Arnett wasn't certain what he'd ask. But he figured he'd think of something, right? It was only fair, after all. He hurried himself a little bit to go down to the dining hall, making sure to keep at a good pace with Delwyn.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2020, 11:05:50 pm »

: "Ah well...I don't really have any favorites. Potatoes I guess. Until I came here, most meals were whatever we could put on the table, and potatoes were hardy enough to grow even through a Calamity if it wasn't too strong." He hesitated a bit before plunging on. It wasn't exactly a secret what his people did, after all. "We did keep some livestock, goats and the like, but those were more for their blood than for meat."

: "What about you? You grew up on a farm, so I hear, you must have been surrounded by all sorts of interesting foods."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2020, 11:14:25 pm »

"That's the spirit."

They reached the dining hall without too much more incident, pushing open the double doors and entering the hall to the sounds of the celebration still ongoing. Delwyn stood on her tiptoes, searching for Kaya in the crowd, then just shrugged at Arnett. Strangely, it didn't seem like Orrel was around either.

"We should grab some burgers before they're all gone. So, see you later?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2020, 11:20:44 pm »

"Ain't a thing wrong with the humble potato! Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew... I like baking them with butter and salt and pepper."

Rika didn't judge the comment about the blood. You could make some things out of that, or thicken sauce up with it. As long as you didn't put too much in, there was nothing wrong with a little bit of it.

"You could say that! We had to grow different things all the time 'cause it's bad for the dirt to just stick to one kind of crop, but we did what we could with the fields. We usually had some corn and some beans growing, onions, potatoes, turnips, clover for the animals. All kinds of stuff. We mainly raised chickens and cows - I know, I know, I'm a cow myself but it ain't really the same. And we could always trade beef for pork from the next farm over."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2020, 11:43:03 pm »

Suddenly, a burger sounded really good to Arnett as Delwyn suggested.

"Yeah! Um- See you later...! I really look forward to seeing you in class again hopefully soon!"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2020, 04:11:16 am »

After being done with his routine and cleaning up, Kruger enters the dining hall, sitting down next to the group around Kaya.

"Hm..."

He tugs on his scarf, more slowly than usual.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2020, 05:02:35 am »

Vicky Activities for the week, Training Room: putting 2 into Defense. Spend 2 AP on the Greenhouse. Going to Cowen & Cowen to pick up new Perform items. Spend some time in the Dining Hall,  the club rooms later to practice her playing and lastly make some tasty burritos for her and Lin for hanging out in their dorm.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:49:54 am by Raindrop Valkyrie »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 113